Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Will Wanna One ever rise from their scandal?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by annoyed, Jun 24, 2018.

1. annoyed

annoyed Artist

I genuinely wanna know if they’ll ever rise from that scandal that happened? Before it the gp would eat up every track they released, but now they just won’t accept them at all, like they used to. Do you think the GP will ever go back to loving them like they did before the scandal?

Edit: it didn’t do anything to Kang Daniel tho he’s still popular as ever no matter what so that’s good

2. SeulgisAbs

SeulgisAbs Artist

what scandal?

3. annoyed

annoyed Artist

The scandal they had where they were filmed without knowing it and they were ranting to the staff about their paychecks, not getting enough sleep etc which came off as rude and ungrateful in the gp’s eyes

4. SeulgisAbs

SeulgisAbs Artist

that? that didn't leave a Dent. they are the most popular bg in Korea . they're touring a lot, thats why it feels that way to u

5. Garnet

Garnet WickedOppa's Wig Snatcher
    Awards Team

Wannable
    What's the point of bringing up months old thing? They're still as popular as ever, lmao.

Leave them alone.

6. MOEBIUS

MOEBIUS Artist

It was a non-scandal like most kpop scandals.

7. Karla

Karla Artist

They apologised. I doubt that scandal was enough to do them any long term damage as a group?

8. extraneous

extraneous Artist

Swimming in Starbucks coffee; bad roasts & bitter
    is that rlly what happened ? did the scandal impact that much ? i cant tell if its based on charts etc -- thought the reason cause of other grps/artists cb & their declining hype

9. SNSDQUEENT_ARA

SNSDQUEENT_ARA Entertainer

I dont think it damanged them, they are still very popular.The new song didnt chart as well because it wasnt a good song.

10. Spinereader

Why was it a scandal that the group demanded to be treated with respect? That makes me admire them!

Duke likes this.
  11. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Artist

They still charted pretty with their comeback and had music show wins and stuff, they are clearly still accepted

An independant digital lab investigated the video that was released and said the swearing and sexual comments didn't even exist, and they apologised for the video before that even happened.

12. annoyed

annoyed Artist

The scandal wasn't a big deal for i-fans, ofc. We all agree they should/deserve to be treated better, it's mostly Koreans that got pretty angry about it bc they "sounded ungrateful for their rookie stands" but to me their complains about lack of sleep and paycheck being late sounds reasonable to me. I feel like the scandal kind of affected them a little? Their songs used to have better digital results even during a cb with competition, they used to do better before it happened and even dominate the charts.

13. Angelyna_Frost

VIP Enforcer
    I wonder if it's affecting sales here in Los Angeles. I'm working KCON and I was told sales aren't that great. Granted it's in August but it usually sells out right away.

Cookie_Monstax likes this.
  14. SSGDAVESSG

SSGDAVESSG Entertainer

it could be, and the other wannaone songs except energetic(for me) arent good neither so this comeback not doing so great its strange for me, plus their fans will buy even if the song is shit but the public wont, now imagine if they had a scandal which affected them that would explain the "lower"sales compared to the others comebacks

15. annoyed

annoyed Artist

I don't think the scandal did anything on the i-fans side, W1 were always more popular in Asia than the west so can't really blame the LA ticket sales on that imo.

Maybe it's just the lack of a major group performing?

Angelyna_Frost likes this.
  16. Cookie_Monstax

it’s bc of lack of marketable artists in the US being invited to kcon la
    yes seventeen is going but they haven’t had a comeback in a while and have been promoting in japan
    wanna one simply isn’t very popular overseas with the exception of asia.
    it’s mostly mnet’s fault for not letting international fans vote tho...
    they haven’t even released all the artists who are going so i’m not surprised
    they better fucking invite skz

annoyed and Angelyna_Frost like this.
  17. Angelyna_Frost

VIP Enforcer
    Makes sense. I had to check the line up and you're right, there isn't anyone big here. Not like BTS for example, where I expect to get trampled to death by screaming fangirls in September. :)

Yep, this. :yesr:

annoyed likes this.
  18. annoyed

annoyed Artist

Yeah usually Kcon is good with bringing in big acts, Red Velvet was the only top 3 group(of ggs of course) i saw was attending this year, which is sad, i would've loved for it to be more top groups attending

Angelyna_Frost likes this.