Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Will Twice survive the JYP curse?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by A.Fishbowl, Jan 5, 2018.

1. A.Fishbowl

A.Fishbowl Artist

No hate, no bashing....

But we all know by now that JYP as a whole have a little of trouble managing a group for over 3 years, and in some cases it seems is hard to manage more than one group.

Do you think Twice will manage to survive the 3 years curse? Specially with StrayKids about to debut in days? Do you think JYP will feel overconfident AGAIN and do a dumb move that ends with their momentum?

2. Cutie888

Cutie888 Legend

Twice is the money maker right now so I think JYP will be careful with what he does, he should have learned from his mistake by now

3. QueenCedar101

QueenCedar101 Entertainer

They'll probably be victim of the 7 year curse, but we'll have to see. With them being everywhere right now, they may last a while, but I don't picture them lasting incredibly long.

4. Hermes1

Hermes1 Legend

[​IMG]

xenoblood likes this.
  5. centen

centen Artist

I don't think it's so much that JYP can't manage groups after three years, but rather, there were specific circumstances surrounding every group that have to be considered separately:
    -- Miss A: obvious internal strife with Suzy vs. the other three
    -- 2PM: Jay Park scandal (they still make it rain in Japan, though, even a decade after debut)
    -- 2AM: they had that weird split management with Big Hit during their first three years, and although they did reasonably well for being a heavy vocally focused/ballad focused group, those groups pretty much never dominate
    -- Wonder Girls: shipped off to the States a decade before Americans had any interest in kpop and during a time when boy and girl groups weren't a thing in the west anyway.
    -- Got7: for all people on akp talk about them sucking now, the lowest any album has ever charted was #3, they have fairly consistent Korean sales and climbing Japanese sales.

Barring a major, major scandal, TWICE will be fine.

6. Palujal

Palujal Artist

Let's be real, all focus is on Twice right now - I don't think they will be affected but when the time comes and they have to change their concept style I wonder what will happen... A group can't stay cute when they're older so I expect them transition to different concept when they're all 20+++

They loose the high interests in groups that loose popularity

unless JYP decides to screw Twice up same as he did WG then yes but if he won't they will be successful for another kpop generation

7. Lubby00

Lubby00 Legend

JYP are doing an excellent job with Twice & the public loves them

Wonder Girls went on hiatuses and promoted in America, while Miss A had hiatuses and was mostly Suzy and the girls

lunachick415 and centen like this.
  8. LAYNICORNINFIRES

LAYNICORNINFIRES Akp’s Meme Queen™
    Events Team

uwuing into oblivion
    Probably, with all the attention on Twice rn

9. babydoll23

babydoll23 Artist

Student
    I think Twice will be fine. Right now, timing is everything and so JYP is likely just continuing Twice's success while also carefully planning the right time for a major concept change.

Twice would have to go thru a MAJOR scandal for it to even be a possibility for them to fall from their top spot.

10. A.Fishbowl

A.Fishbowl Artist

Most of those were managing issuses

Miss A: putting Suzy before the rest of the girls was what cause more of the issues

2PM: AFTER the JP scandal they had a bunch of great comebacks... but after that was when they kinda dissapeared :/

WG: IS THE WORST MANAGED GIRL GROUP AFTER RANIA, they were the tallest wall within girl groups and JYP got overconfident and shipped them to USA while not gigving a THING to fans in SK not a thing to newer fans in the USA (because Nobody did manage to gain attention, specially to fans from the Jonas Brothers (since they toured with them) but then they didnt release a thing for YEARS)
    ^^this is what i assume is going to happen to twice, not being shipped to USA, but the overconfidence ruining everything

GOT7 is doing fine now, they are just kinda overshadowd by EXO and BTS, but that doesnt mean they are doind bad

SweetMoon likes this.
  11. A.Fishbowl

A.Fishbowl Artist

That is what I am talking about, JYP never fails to make lovable girl groups, but he generally fails to helpt them maintian them on the top spot. WG hiatuses and promotions and the attention over Suzy were all managing issues that could happen to TWICE in two kicks, the question here is, had JYP learned? Will the girls survive and manage to stay on top if there is a managing issue?

SweetMoon likes this.
  12. A.Fishbowl

A.Fishbowl Artist

I dont know if is true, but wasnt there a rumor about JYP preparing a new girl group??

LAYNICORNINFIRES likes this.
  13. NYstar

NYstar Super Rookie

You have to remember WG and missA were JYP's first girl groups and missA didn't even start under JYP but under a sub-label. If you go back and look at SM's first girl groups for example, SES was huge but didn't last long, and the next 2-3 SM girl groups after that flopped. SM learned from mistake and JYP will learn from mistakes too, it's obvious they learned, TWICE has better promo and management than any JYP girl group before, and the difference with WG and missA is TWICE has not only public's love and hit songs, but also a HUGE fandom, and not only in Korea, but also in Japan and other places. So it's impossible for them to go down soon, they already build too much.

14. Rand_Al_Thor

Somi's group

A.Fishbowl likes this.
  15. Hermes1

Hermes1 Legend

BTS goes US
    ------------------------------> whose decision is the better?
    EXO goes CHN

16. A.Fishbowl

A.Fishbowl Artist

I should have made this a poll

17. peony21

peony21 Rookie

Hopefully. No one stays relevant forever but i don't see twice's hype dying any time soon.

SweetMoon likes this.
  18. jimeous

jimeous Star

TWICE have thier own Task Force Team, so does Got7 and finally 2PM, Stray Kids will have their own Task Force Team.

A Task Force team (TFT) consists of their Personal Managers and other Staff that manages the groups exclusively and have no influence on any JYPE Singers or Groups. The Head of the Task Force Team reports to the Head of the JYPE Department.

In other words, when JYPE's next Girl Group debuts, it will have ZERO affect on how TWICE is managed. Whether JYPNGG is more popular than TWICE has nothing to do with the management decisions of either group however it is already obvious that JYPNGG is getting way more attention than TWICE ever got when they were trainees.

Another thing, TWICE's TFT changed their Concept in LOA which was Girl Crush to Girl Next Door in Cheer Up that was one of the many decisions which helped them become a Nation's Girl Group.

commonusername and ezenk like this.
  19. commonusername

commonusername Entertainer

i hope!! i hope new groups dont derive attention from Twice since they are where the big bucks come in.
    I hope he doesn't disregard got7, they are steady as far as sales and shit. with the right promotion and giving them the right songs/concepts this year i think they could do really well.

anyway, I hope third times a charm and jyp learns from his mistakes in order to not repeat them w twice

A.Fishbowl likes this.
  20. demenshorts

demenshorts Entertainer

i'm a once but they really need to change concepts soon or they'll just fade in the background after all the amazing comebacks bp and redvelvet will (for bp)/ have (for rv) launch(bp)ed(rv) :"""">