Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Will SISTAR renew their contracts next month?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by kpopaye, May 19, 2017.

?

Will they renew their contracts?

1. Yes I think they will

18 vote(s)
    64.3%
  2. Probably not..

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. I think some members will, but not all.

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. kpopaye

kpopaye Legend

So I don't think i've really seen anyone talk about this :whatr:

SISTAR's contract is ending next month

SISTAR debuted in 2010 with their single 'Push Push'
    [​IMG]

But SISTAR is also having a comeback on the 31st of May which is pretty much overlapping with their contract expiration if i'm not mistaken.

So do you guys think SISTAR will renew their contracts or will they all leave the company and start their own?
    Or pull a 4Minute where everyone leaves but Hyorin stays?

[​IMG]

I don't follow SISTAR closely enough but their last album sold about 10k and it had about 900k downloads but I still think they have a lot of public recognition? so I feel like there might be a chance for them to renew:whatr:

chekas1292 likes this.
  2. Darkyoda47

Darkyoda47 Legend

I believe they will. Starship maybe doesn't promote them as a group much anymore but they do push each member individually. Hyorin and Soyu with their singing careers, Bora with her variety career and Dasom with her musical/acting career.

3. Park_Oppa

Park_Oppa Artist

With the way Starship has been treating them as a group/Star1, it's unlikely they'll renew. + Their contracts expire June 3rd and come back on May 31st. Still no new teasers or anything about their comeback.

And I read tweets from some star1s they don't want Sistar to renew.

4. Haeryn

Haeryn Moderator
    Staff Member

I had no idea their contract expiration date was so near. Maybe they'll decide based on how their comeback will do, if the public is still interested in them since their strength is their public recognition. I hope they'll renew though, it'd be a shame to see them disband.

chekas1292 and kpopaye like this.
  5. Spinereader

Spinereader Artist

I think some will and some won't.

6. KennyK089

KennyK089 Rookie

I hope they make it past the 7 years that a lot of groups cannot. Who else really does Starship have to make them money, Cosmic girls?

7. kpopaye

kpopaye Legend

i believe hyorin and dasom will tbh but im just not sure about bora and dasom? i mean wouldnt it be better for them to sign with an acting agency or something then :whatr:but then again, they get their name from SISTAR as well. but even if they renew, they are 7 years old now so what they do then.. idk

Yeah its stupid how they dont even give us any more info about their comeback and just posted a teaser pic with the date.
    i think starship is too busy with WJSN tbh... they are even letting their cb's overlap.
    Well I can understand why star1's are angry at starship... but SISTAR is still pretty popular right..
    and it wouldnt make sense if they already left the company?

8. kpopaye

kpopaye Legend

same like first they announce a comeback and then when youre waiting for teasers you get this instead :cryingr:
    well thats with 4M did too.. they waited for the results of their last comeback to decide things on but tbh their last comeback didnt sell that well i mean 10k? or maybe that was because of the concept so who knows if they sell more this time with a summer comeback the public might be more interested.:sweatr:it would indeed be a shame to see them go too..

who would you say would stay then?

Haeryn likes this.
  9. user94

user94 Artist

i hope they renew their contract i don't follow them to much but will be sad if they disband

kpopaye likes this.
  10. kpopaye

kpopaye Legend

lol well i mean.. they have monsta X I guess i mean they do sell about 100k albums to be fair so maybe they can tour later etc. and they did do a japanese release not too long ago but i also would think its a bit to soon to make them the breadwinner of the company so I think starship def needs SISTAR is in that aspect atleast until WJSN or MONSTA X are earning a lot. since you know they abanded boyfriend pretty much

11. kpopaye

kpopaye Legend

I know but this comeback might also be their last :( or at least for a long while? since they aren't coming back much anymore.
    I really hope because of that they will deliver.

user94 likes this.
  12. Haeryn

Haeryn Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah, I was thinking 4Minute too. Sistar always had pretty bad physical sales though so I don't think they rely on it much. But maybe they decided that if the song doesn't do as well as their other songs digitally, they'll just disband and continue with their individual activities (though, I'm not familiar with their individual activities honestly).
    Side note but I don't really want them to release a summer comeback honestly even if it might have more sales, I got tired pretty quickly of these type of songs. I loved I Like That and their latest song though.

kpopaye likes this.
  13. kpopaye

kpopaye Legend

Well its just sad to see that one point they about 4M+ digitals and now about 900k :eek: they were definitely really big a few years ago.
    I guess we're just gonna have to wait for more info.. if starship ever gives us that >.>
    and in all honesty.. i want another concept like I Like That or Alone or even Give It to me cause those songs were bops and SISTAR slays that fierce type of concepts and especially Hyorin's voice fits it well imo :omgr: cause i wasnt a really big fan of touch my body, shake it etc.
    and omg! that song is really great!! I cant believe people slept on it :(
    and well Hyroin has done some collabs like with far east movement (it was pretty good)
    and not too long ago she did another collab but i forgot:sweatr:i didnt like the song lol

Haeryn likes this.
  14. t_aeri

t_aeri Star

I believe they will
    Sistar can't go without each others
    and starship is doing them good

kpopaye likes this.
  15. Mai_Turn

Mai_Turn Star

The only thing, that I wish, is, that SISTAR won't disband... I don't care, if they'll stay at Starship or sign with another agency, as long as they continue to perform in a group!

kpopaye likes this.
  16. kpopaye

kpopaye Legend

I honestly believe this too. They are pretty much known for being a SISTAR member despite having individual activities I think that the group helps a lot with their popularity and stuff so lets hope that they will.
    yeah main question is if SISTAR leaves, who will make money for starship? o_O
    Though i have seen many STAR1's complain and they dont want them to renew because of the way starship treats but them but again, i dont follow them so im not sure why.

Yeah it would really be shame to lose another older group :( I dont think they would go as far as making their own company though..

Mai_Turn likes this.
  17. madeluxe

madeluxe Artist

Sistar are amazing but their trend phase is dissipating, Hyorin is trying to break into EDM America, Dasom has her drama, Soyou her solo stuff and Bora has her looks + connections

kpopaye likes this.
  18. Haeryn

Haeryn Moderator
    Staff Member

Same and I loved Alone so much. I hope their comeback will be a song like that. Anyways, did I even answer the question in the first place... I'd tend to go more towards them signing again unless their comeback has awful digitals.
    I hadn't heard that collab', I like it !
    Blue Moon ? I mean it was better than her last solo but not that much my thing either.

kpopaye likes this.
  19. kpopaye

kpopaye Legend

lol I feel like this true.. :cryingk: Hyorin is doing some collabs here and there and I think she will be fine solo tbh
    yeah DAsom and Bora seem more focused on variety/acting and Soyou has solo stuff and thats why i actually have a feeling that Dasom and Bora have other interests for themselves than being an idol but I dont see Hyorin leaving tbh

20. michinpabo

michinpabo Super Rookie

I have a feeling they will extend it for maybe 2 years. Starship has not neglected the group as a whole nor any of the members individually.