Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Will Black Label’s girl group be a problem for Black Pink?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Teshubs_Irene, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Teshubs_Irene

As Teddy is the CEO he will give more priority to his own company’s group and may have even less time to make songs for BPink. And if he comes out with a bop, will he give it to his own group or BP? Somi will provide the hype, YG the resources, and Teddy the hits.

2. Onion_Rings

Onion_Rings Public Figure

The Coolest & Nicest Once
    First we need to see if Somi will even debut there. It's been three years already, and nothing.

And when we were all sure she'd debut in JYP's ngg, she just left out of nowhere c:

3. Yoohyeon

Yoohyeon Rookie

✰彡
    but i hope they can just focus on both groups

4. Teshubs_Irene

That doesn’t matter anymore as she’s with a different company and producer

legendjekki likes this.
  5. MyPostsAreFacts

Having two girl groups rely solely on one person will probably be an issue seeing as how Teddy seems to take a long time to make new songs.

BP will have to branch out to other producers

legendjekki, 89TIFF, xenez and 8 others like this.
  6. babydoll23

babydoll23 Rookie

Student
    No tbh. Given the amount of time that YG gives blackpink in between comebacks, the Black Label group should have no problems getting promotion as well.

I could see a lot of Blinks being bitter over Black Label's group though, especially if they have better promotion than YG gives BP.

7. Teshubs_Irene

We saw how that turned out with f(x) and RV. They can try but eventually something has to give

89TIFF, Yoohyeon and EazyC like this.
  8. EazyC

EazyC Prominent

Promoting Twice and EXO
    I do hope not,I wonder how they will get on having to work with someone other than Teddy. Well that is if Teddy doesn't work with them, we don't know for a fact yet if Teddy is not going to work with them. I think it could be a good thing as they can try different styles and even try writing and producing for themselves. If YG or Teddy have any sense hopefully they don't have the same style as Blackpink and are different. I think there could be some positives but also see there could be some negatives.

legendjekki and SUNSHINE like this.
  9. Teshubs_Irene

If BL’s group has comebacks at triple the rate BPink does, that would cause an issue with fans

10. PINKBLINK

PINKBLINK Rookie

Jobless!
    Yes, 100% any Blink acting like this is a good thing is delusional. If Somi joins and leads a new group-the debut GG of the Black Label it's 100% putting the breaks on BP.

Teddy is essentially the sole body running the BL with one other dude. If you think this guy has massive hits ready for a GG and isn't going to be giving them to his group first...well then you're crazy.

It's one thing having hits for soloist, BG's etc but to now have a GG and BL styled one ran by Teddy and potentially headed by a girl already more popular than a lot of idols and younger than anyone in BP and he wont be focusing on that group first? Okay sure thing.

legendjekki and Dreamer95 like this.
  11. cnpvj

cnpvj Newbie

Well maybe now BP's songs will have some variety because they won't all be produced by Teddy. They might be, but I think even with this new GG as well, YG will likely utilise his other producers or hire new ones. And I don't mean that in a bad way, I love BP, but you can tell when songs are all produced by the same person. It will be refreshing to see how Blackpink are working with other people too.

legendjekki and kpop123 like this.
  12. MOlilara

MOlilara Trainee

Black label have good trainees as of the rumor. I don't think balck label will hit heads with YG. They are subsidiary of them. They need YG when it's come to popularity and promotions. Somi is good source of popularity that origin without YG backup.
    Entertainment is a business. So they will not cross their paths with BP. YG got many other producers. So they don't want to be rely over teddy so much. Let's see what will happen.

13. gus17

gus17 Trainee

If there are problems they will be entirely caused by YG. They can avoid them by putting Blackpink to work with different producers and I want that to actually happen (not to mention seeing them writing their own songs).

But knowing YG I have lots of fear they will just throw BP under the bus, no matter what they achieve the company just doesn't seem to acknowledge it, the general public is eager for more content but that just doesn't move them, so they could easily dump them for their next shiny GG (again, not BLs NGG fault, I will probably support them considering how talented Somi is and the fact that's going to be a very hip hop oriented group). Which makes me sad considering how quickly Blackpink has risen to the top and how supportive the GP has been to them.

14. Outburstz

Outburstz Trainee

that's stupid on them to only have one producer make their songs

15. Redztring

Redztring Trainee

Maybe Yang Hyun Suk will be the next Bp Producer ?

16. Znewie71

Znewie71 Rookie

I dont know, i mean with lee hi's last comeback he had tablo produce her album not teddy, dont know why. Will have to see.

17. kwonjiyong92

kwonjiyong92 Newbie

18. twentyfivedollar

ain’t nobody a problem for BlackPink especially a rookie group for the same label. Teddy probably will give these girls some BP rejects is what is see tbh

19. JakeyWantsCakey

JakeyWantsCakey Public Figure

1. Every body is assuming that Teddy will be the new group's sole producer.
    2. The Black Label has lots of producers apart from Teddy.
    3. The girls could be trained in writing/producing.
    4. All of Black Pink's currently released songs were written years ago.
    5. Which means they probably have a lot more in the vault already written.
    6. I'm pretty sure Teddy wouldn't debut a group if it meant screwing over BP.

legendjekki and lizvip like this.
  20. loomynartychild

loomynartychild Notable

BP isnt really his own though, Im pretty sure he would prefer spending time on his own group/label and understandably so.

legendjekki and JakeyWantsCakey like this.