Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Why?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Jessicaaaaaa, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Jessicaaaaaa

Jessicaaaaaa Super Rookie

After being on this forum for a while I've seen a lot of " I don't stan _____ anymore bc of their fans" or "I would like ____ but their fans push me away." I GENUINELY do not understand the concept of people not liking a group because of what they fans do. It's just music, you don't have to interact with fans if you don't want to, you can still listen to the groups music and bop to it. The group didn't do anything to you so what's the point of not liking them? I really don't understand so if someone could explain it to me that'll be greatly appreciated!
    This thread's purpose is for ACTUAL conversation so if you're just going to bash certain fandoms you can leave.

2. Ineul_Ze

Ineul_Ze Star

I'm one of those few people who believes that a fandom can ruin a group for people. Some people would like to talk to others that have the same interest in them, but sometimes it doesn't work out how they want it to. It's one of the reasons why I didn't associate myself with fandoms a few years ago, I am just now feeling more comfortable to do so.

People start judging others for what fandoms they're in and it gets tiring, people try to attack you for things some idiots in your fandom do and honestly that's the aspect that ruins it for me. I just don't like fandom culture in general, especially when you have people in your fandom calling you a fake fan because you don't agree with everything they do or always praise your favs. It's tiresome imo ... but like I said, just my opinion and it could change in the future.

3. Lookie

Lookie Entertainer

You said nothing but facts <3

[​IMG]
    I 100% agree with you .. Groups should be loved for the music and their fans has nothing to do with that.

rglover641 and ronimon239gg like this.
  4. LegendaryTsunade

Children's play tbh ~~ If u're mature enough to ignore shit you wouldn't be goin' around saying u quit cuz the fandom's bad. So are you here for the fans or the music? People take Kpop and it's world way too seriously while ignoring the basis = music and artists.

rglover641 and freakyfantasy like this.
  5. LAYNICORNINFIRES

I don't even associate myself with fandoms that much anymore tbh
    I'm fine with just loving a group for their music

jbeanbean likes this.
  6. Abeamus

Abeamus Star

For me it started off with the fans and then unknowingly it started spreading to the group. Like it seems like my enjoyment for the group has gone down and sometimes feels like I am harsher on them, I don't dislike the group but it does feel like the fandom is affecting my view on them even with me trying to keep the two separate.

7. qu33n

qu33n Star

I think interacting with people who like the same group as you adds to the fun of stanning the group. It's nice to talk to people who like the same members and songs as you and who you can relate to because I think most people don't have many friends who like kpop as well. So yeah people could just listen to the music but it's kind of boring and a little lonely to have no one to talk about the group and music with.

And sometimes if you run into crazy fans they can curb your enthusiasm for a group. It's kind of like the sales-people at the mall: they get up in your face, are annoying, and overall do crazy things that deter you and like you might have actually liked whatever they were selling if they didn't push so hard.

Ineul_Ze likes this.
  8. Jessicaaaaaa

Exactly!!! The groups worked hard to their music and want the public to enjoy them. It must be disappointing to hear that people don't like your song or your group in general just because your fans aren't the nicest.

9. becci

becci Legend

No, I do understand that. If you constantly fight with your own fandom it can be super exhausting and it's just not fun anymore.

Ineul_Ze likes this.
  10. Jessicaaaaaa

Hmmm that's a good point. I never really thought about it that way... But even in this situation, you don't HATE the sales person you'd be annoyed and move on. But I've seen some cases where onces hate blackpink because of blinks and blinks hate twice because of onces, I guess that's what I'm really trying to understand here if that makes any sense.

qu33n likes this.
  11. wuxiee

wuxiee Artist

of course you should love a group for their music, talent, personalities and whatever but i don't blame people who leave fandoms because of fans, fans can create truly bad experiences and ruin a group/artist for people.

12. qu33n

qu33n Star

yeah that's just stupid fandom infighting. Like even though i'm a once I actually really like BP's songs and the same with BTS even though I'm an exo-l. The whole "I don't like a group because my fandom dictated it" is weird to me.
    I don't understand that but like for people who get deterred by a fandom like I was with exo-ls at first, I can sympathize with because you want to fangirl/fanboy with people but sometimes they are too much lol

13. Jessicaaaaaa

Yeah like I'm an army but my best friend is a hardcore exo-l so she'll make me listen to their songs, shows me gifs of them etc. and they make pretty good music so I don't all the hate surrounding the fandoms and their respected groups but people are just stupid I guess.
    Also yeah I guess people want someone to fangirl/boy with but not someone that's too much to handle, that seems like the most popular answer to this thread, so that makes me sympathize a little more.

qu33n likes this.
  14. jbeanbean

jbeanbean Artist

yee, I see what you're sayin
    the only fandom I've ever been in is just a casual sone years ago
    but I think you can still love and support a group/solo just as much as an individual as you can in an official fandom
    I also think it's much easier to talk to others who have the same interests when you don't associate yourself with fandoms too heavily

like I wouldn't consider myself an army, but I've recently got into BTS and still feel like I can talk to army about them, or just anyone
    whenever a group of armies act up or make a show of themselves, it's on them.
    having to take responsibility not only for the good apples, but also the louder bad ones is just not an investment worth putting up with imo

not saying you shouldn't be in a fandom though, fandoms can be great too. but i think it's a balance.
    sometimes you need to reel back from the pit that claims your independence, happiness and enjoyment of an artist

Ineul_Ze likes this.
  15. Skinner17

Skinner17 Artist

Because community/fandom is one of main attribute in K pop. And its help when you felt that you belong there, not disgusted by them.

You deluded yourself if you think people invest so much energy, time and money just for one's music. If that's the case, soloists like Ailee, Lim Kim, Baek Yerin, Hoody, Crush, DEAN or Indie artists like OFFONOFF, JIDA, MISO,will have the biggest fandom out there, not BTS / EXO / TWICE / WANNAONE / SVT / RV etc...

#15 Skinner17, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017