WHY YG AND JYP CAN NEVER BEAT SM ENTERTAINMENT

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by llhll, Jan 5, 2020.

1. llhll

llhll Newbie

Currency:
    sm entertainment didnt became famous because of super junior, girls generation, or exo. the reason why even the goverment of korea recognize and award sm entertainment the highest recognition that no other big three companies are able to achieve is because of lee soo man genius. lee soo man is a musician who graduated in califonia after seeing the fame of boy groups in america he decided to go to south korea and CREATE THE FIRST BOY GROUP AND GIRL GROUP. THE LEGENDARY H.O.T AND S.E.S. H.O.T sold millions of albums in south korea and became one of the symbol of 90s and lead to genre on what we call KPOP [they were also the first kpop boy group to be nominated internationally such as MTV] this creation of lee soo man became the model group for boy groups to come in many year.
    [​IMG]
    S.E.S is the first girl group in korea [female version of H.O.T] that sold a lot of album and is listed as one of the best selling album in girl group also they are the pioneer of what we call "visual of the group" as everyone was talking of eugene beauty and started calling her visual and WAS THE FIRST GROUP WHOSE MUSIC VIDEO AND PROMOTIONS CAUSE A MILLION WON.
    [​IMG]
    BOA
    we know of sokor and japan relationship because of their annexation and ww2. a lot south korean artist wants to enter japan large music market succesfully but ended with a fail but Boa is the first female artist to sold MORE THAN ONE MILLION COPIES IN JAPAN ALONE.
    [​IMG]
    SHINHWA
    the one who changed the image of boy groups before their debut, idols are taught to have mysterious and boyish image to their appeal but shinhwa CHANGED THE GAME BY DEBUTING AS "FLOWER BOY" WITH THEIR CRAZY AND GOOFY MEMBERS. THEIR SONGS INSPIRED GROUPS SUCH AS BIGBANG,BTS, EXID, SEVENTEEN AND MANY MORE. [SM OFFERED THE ALL BUT ONE MEMBER ANOTHER CONTRACT BUT INSTEAD OF SPLITTING UP THEY SWITCH LABELS] THE LONGEST RUNNING BOY GROUP [btw most of them became top actors]
    [​IMG]

their 2000s groups didnt became famous but some leave some memorable song like MILK COME TO ME which is performed at gayo daejun.

next uppp
    TVXQ
    -SOLD 10 MILLION PHYSICIAL COPIES IN THEIR ONE YEAR ALONE. DUBBED BY TIME MAGAZINE AS THE KING OF KPOP AND BILLBOARD AS KPOP ROYALTY THEIR CONCERT TOURS ARE ONE OF THE HIGHEST GROSSING CONCERT IN THE DECADE AND THE HIGHEST SELLING CD IN JAPAN THE FIRST KPOP GROUP INVITED IN KOHA UTA GAUSSEN THE MOST PRESTIGIOUS NEW YEAR SHOW IN JAPAN AND BROKE ICON BON JOVI SELLING RECORS THE FIRST BOY GROUP AT TOKYO DOME.
    [​IMG]
    SUPER JUNIOR
    -[for yall fanboys bashing heecul lmao]
    SUPER JUNIOR IS THE ONE RESPOSIBLE FOR THE HALLYU WAVE WORLDWIDE ONE OF THE BEST SELLING KPOP ARTIST THE FIRST KPOP BOY GROUP TO WIN AT MTV FOR FAVORITE KPOP ACT AND BEST FANDOM AND INTERNATIONAL ARTIST FAVORITE TEEN CHOICE AWARD. THE ONLY GROUP WHO WON 19 AWARDS AT GOLDEN DISK AWARD THE MOST PRESTIGIOUS AWARD IN KOREA 12 AT SEOUL MUSIC AWARD AND 13 AT MAMA
    [​IMG]
    Girls Generation [SUJU GIRL VERSION]
    I think this one dont need more explanation. the FIRST KOREAN GROUP TO SOLD MILLION OF ALBUM AT JAPAN AND BE BY CERTIFIED RIAJ. THE FIRST GIRL GROUP TO CREATE HISTORY BY WINNING 9 WEEKS AT MELON. CNN DUBBED THEM AS THE ASIAN VERSION OF SPICE GIRLS AND THE NATIONAL PHENOMENON OF KOREA THUS WAS DUBBED AS "THE NATIONS GIRL GROUP" AND TOPPED GALLUP KOREA FOR YEARS AS THE ARTIST OF THE YEAR AND WAS LISTED IN FORBES POWER CELEBRITIES FOR YEARS AND EARNED 68.8 BILLION IN 2011 ALONE. THE FIRST GIRL GROUP WHO HAD FIVE- TEN MUSIC VIDEOS WITH HUNDRED MILLION VIEWS THEY SOLD 30 MILLION DIGITAL SINGLE AND 4.4 MILLION ALBUM IN 2012 ALONE THEIR TEN CONCERT TOURS AMASS TO 80-100 MILLION THEIR SONG GEE IS DUBBED BY BILLBOARD AS THE GREATEST GIRL GROUP SONG AND WAS STUDIED BY HARVARD STUDENTS TO OBSERVE KPOP GENRE IMPACT WORLWIDE. THE FIRST GIRL GROUP TO WIN THREE [DAESANG] CONSIDERED TO BE THE GRAND PRIZE AT THE PRESTIGIOUS GOLDEN DISK AWARD. THE FIRST KOREAN ARTIST THAT HAVE OFFICIAL STAMP POSTAGE SERVED BY THE KOREA POST ITSELF. SNSD IS THE CELEBRITY WITH MOST ENDORSEMENT AND THE JAPAN TIME RECOGNIZED THE GROUP POPULARITY THE FIRST GIRL GROUP INVITED TO THE BLUE HOUSE AND THE FIRST GIRL GROUP TO BE THE HONONARY AMBASSADOR OF KOREA. THEY HAD A 1.2 BILLION REVENUE IN ADVERTISMENT THE GUINESS WORLD RECORD RECOGNIZED GIRLS GENERATION THAT EARNED THE MOST AWARD AT MELON WAS RECOGNIZED BY THE KOREA GOVERMENT AS ONE OF THE KPOP ACT THAT BROUGHT INCREDIBLE FAME TO KOREA. TWICE AND BLACKPINK IS DEBUTED WITH GIRLS GENERATION LIKENESS AS STATED BY JYP AND YG INTERVIEWS. GIRLS GENERATION IS THE FIRST GROUP TO EXPERIENCE BLACK OCEAN CAUSE BY ANGRY BOY GROUP FANS DURING THEIR ROOKIE DAYS. [AS FOR ME GIRLS GENERATION SHAPE MY CHILDHOOD WHICH IM INCREDIBLY THANKFUL FOR THEM AND THEY HELPED ME THROUGH DEPRESSION SO TO ALL BLINKS SNSD IS NOT SOME GIRL GROUP WHO BECAME FAMOUS SOME YEARS AGO.]
    [​IMG]
    SHINEE
    dubbed as the princes of kpop in korea for their popularity and ONE OF THE BOY GROUP WHO RECEIVED GOLD CERTIFICATE BY RIAJ FOR THEIR BEST SELLING ALBUMS AND THEY MADE HISTORY FOR BEING THE FIRST ASIAN ARTIST TO PERFORM IN ABBEY STUDIO THEIR GALA OPEN CONCERT IN LONDON WERE SOLD OUT WITHIN A MINUTE AND THEY PARTNERED WITH RED CROSS TO HELP CHILDREN ACROSS THE WORLD AND THEY BECAME STOCKHOLDER AT SM ENTERTAINMENT THEY WERE CHOSEN AS THE HONORARY AMBASSADOR OF GANGNAM DISTRICT AND THEY ALSO TOPPED FORBES POWER ARTIST FOR YEARS
    [​IMG]
    F(X) [SHINEE GIRL VERSION]
    -THE FIRST KOREAN TO BE INVITED TO SXSW AND BILLBOARD DUBBED THEIR ALBUM AS ONE OF THE GREATEST KPOP ALBUM OF 2010 AND IN 2017 BILLBOARD RANKED F(X) NUNBER 7 IN THE BEST GIRL GROUP OF THE DECADE AND THEIR ALBUM SOLD 2 MILLIONS IN KOREA ALONE AND THEIR PINK FUSE ALBUM IS ONLY KOREAN ALBUM TO APPEAR IN FUSE "BEST ALBUM OF 2013"
    [​IMG]
    EXO
    -BECAME THE FIRST GROUP TO 12 MILLION COPIES IN SOUTH KOREA AND BECOME SM BIGGEST FINANCIAL MAKER BY BRING 13.4 MILLION DOLLAR TO THE COMPANY IN 2018 THEIR REVENUE ALONE IS 31% OF TOTAL 188 MILLION THEY ARE DUBBED BY VOUGE AND METROONE AS THE KINGS OF KPOP AND SOUTH KOREA OUTLET NAMED THEM AS THE NATIONS PICK AND IS WIDELY ESTEEMED AS THE NEW GENERATION PROMINENT FORCE IN HALLYU WAVE. FORBES OFFICIALLY RECOGNIZED THEM AS ONE OF THE TWO GROUP ALONG WITH BTS AND HAD BEEN IN FORBES POWER CELEBRITY.
    [​IMG]
    RED VELVET [ EXO OFFICIAL GIRL VERSION]
    -TIME MAGAZINE RECOGNIZED THEIR MUSIC FOR ITS VERSATILE TUNE AND BILLBOARD NAME THEM "THE GREATEST GROUP ALIVE" RED VELVET BECAME THE FIRST SM ARTIST AND IDOL AFTER DECADES TO PERFORM IN NORTH KOREA THEY WERE ALSO RECOGNIZE BY THE GOVERMENT AS ONE OF THE MAJOR CONTRIBUTOR TO HALLYUWAVE. THE ONLY GIRL GROUP TO TOP REPUTATION BRAND FOR THREE MONTHS. RECOGNIZED BY TIME MAGAZINE AND BILLBOARD AS ONE OF THE TOP GIRL GROUP WORLWIDE[​IMG]

THE ACHIEVEMENTS OF LEE SOO MAN ALONE STRETCH DECADES THOUGH RED VELVET IS NOT GETTING ENOUGH HYPE THEIR ACHIEVEMENTS ARE STILL ON PAR WITH BLACKPINK AND TWICE AS FOR NCT I WONT WRITE ABOUT NCT NOW AS THEY ARE STILL A NEW GROUP NOT EVEN FIVE YEARS OLDER AND IM STILL WAITING FOR LEE SOO MAN NEWEST GIRL GROUP SET TO DEBUT THIS YEAR BTW LEE SOO MAN STEP DOWN FROM BEING CEO BUT STILL HELPED IN THE CREATIVES LIKE RED VELVET HIT SONG RED FLAVOR WHOM LEE SOO MAN PERSONALLY CHOOSE AND ARRANGE. I THINK YG AND JYP HAVE AWESOME MUSIC BUT PERSONALLY THEY NEED MORE DECADES TO BEAT SM AND DETHRONE THEM FROM BEING NUMBER ONE.LMAO FOR SOME BTS FANS LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR WHY DO YOU GUYS KEEP SAYING THAT BTS BEAT YG BTS WILL BEAT SM OR THEY ALREADY DID LMAO SM ENTERTAINMENT HAS A LOT OF INVESTMENTS FROM HALLYU ACTORS TO INTERNATIONAL SUPERMODELS AND FAMOUS SPORTS PLAYER TO MALLS - RESTURANTS- APPS- AND THEIR OWN GODDAMN HOTELS LMAO BTS ACHIEVEMENT IS AMAZING BUT THEY STILL HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO IF THEY WANT TO BEAT A COMPANY LIKE SM AND STOP LOOKING DOWN ON YG ENTERTAINMENT LMAO YG MANAGE TO BECOME IN TOP 3 WITH BIGBANG ALONE BIGHIT DID EXCEED YG THIS YEARS THROUGH REVENUE IS BECAUSE OF YG VARIOUS SCANDALS THIS YEAR WHY DONT YOU WAIT FOR BIGBANG TO BLACKPINK COMEBACK AND SEE THEIR STOCK RISE AGAIN WHILE JYP LMAO DARLING DONT EVEN DREAM JYP LEGACY IS AS BIG AS SM ENTERTAINMENT THOUGH THEY TWO ARTISTS IN THE 90S THOSE TWO GROUP BECAME SUPER LEGENDARY GROUPS NOWADAYS.

#1 llhll, Jan 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  2. injailumyho

injailumyho Super Rookie

Currency:
    SHINee Cult Leader
    I’m not reading all of this but your absolutely correct. LSM is a genius and one of the smartest man I’ve come across, I don’t see any other company coming close to SM not because of money wise or popularity but being as intellectual and cunning as he is. No doubt SME has the best management out of all the companies, they know how to promote their groups and they do it right. He is doing a phenomenal job at promoting NCT and SuperM whether you want to deny it or not.

3. ketchUp

ketchUp Trendsetter

Currency:
    Ok but why are you screaming

neniroo, dason, jytjuyikhujo and 34 others like this.
  4. doubleOh7

doubleOh7 Public Figure

Currency:
    Usually I don’t read long ass posts but I’m interested in what you gotta say. I’ll edit my thoughts later.

Ok so I read the whole thing and damn.... you did mad research before writing this didn't you? Yea nothing but facts you really went HAM on that Girls Generation sections. Also I wouldn’t consider Red velvet the female equivalent, seems like After SM stepped down they stopped doing female equivalent with RV the first group to beak that cycle.

#4 doubleOh7, Jan 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    SUNSHINE, magito, vaahiny and 7 others like this.
  5. mxxdbyyy

mxxdbyyy Celebrity

Currency:
    Trash talker
    You don’t have to mention YG. They’re pretty much in shambles.

6. popularit

popularit Celebrity

Currency:
    The Wei Wuxian to my Lan Wangji
    shinee is best shinee forever

all i gotta say

7. Haolat

Haolat Leader

Currency:
    Yoo Young Jin fan
    i am not reading all that but SM is on the decline and JYP is rising. YG is dead. it is only a matter of time before JYP beats SM

EvelynNesbit and wooryeo like this.
  8. Limca

Limca Trendsetter

Currency:
    weird clown
    Lmao bighit already did :)

Zuko1 likes this.
  9. certified_1

certified_1 Leader

Currency:
    Ok.
    Let's shade LSM.
    UwU

10. llhll

llhll Newbie

Currency:
    i admit bighit achievement is amazing but it do not come close with sm please read the whole post thank you :)

11. llhll

llhll Newbie

Currency:
    i dont think sm is on decline most of their groups became famous later on while jyp groups are famous in their debut im surprised they manage twice well enough to get more popularity unlike their older groups while yg is always on the middle

12. wumbology

wumbology Newbie

Currency:
    this, not to mention sm is now declining

13. llhll

llhll Newbie

Currency:
    HAHAHAHA U GO GIRL

14. adidasnike

adidasnike Newbie

Currency:
    Love SM but I'm pretty sure Seo Taiji and the Boys were the first k-pop group technically, H.O.T. followed.

15. llhll

llhll Newbie

Currency:
    they were considered as such but i watched yg interview and he said it was always "SEO TAIJI" lmao

SUNSHINE likes this.
  16. llhll

llhll Newbie

Currency:
    i think H.O.T was the one considered to be the first because they immensely shape the 90s youth who remember them affectionately

Emidiva likes this.
  17. llhll

llhll Newbie

Currency:
    i dont think sm is declining in what ways are they? nct not gaining a lot fame? it happened with suju and snsd i dont think its the end for nct as both suju, nct, and boa struggle to gain recognition in korea for many years.

HeejunOnTheFloor likes this.
  18. Limca

Limca Trendsetter

Currency:
    weird clown
    Too long can't read :)

Zsh likes this.
  19. llhll

llhll Newbie

Currency:
    how so? they have blackpink promoting worldwide

magito likes this.