Why toxicity almost doesn't exist in Jpop

Discussion in 'J-POP' started by Uni909, Sep 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Uni909

Uni909 Trendsetter

Currency:
    Guardian of the WJSN system
    I think there are several factors, like smaller international fandom and not accessable to the world. But even that, the most important thing is the japanese and their culture itself. Japanese are more timid, reserved and avoid dramas at all cost. That's why you barely see japanese fighting with each other. At least not in public so much. Whenever I see some glimpse of toxicity of Jpop fans, it's mostly on youtube and these Jpop vs Kpop videos.

#1 Uni909, Sep 6, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    hanscheesecake likes this.
  2. miniminhee

miniminhee ✰ㅡ✦; ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ sᴜɴ ❞

Currency:
    they/he ♡
    Its mostly the smaller i-fanbase imo

3. haj1ma

haj1ma Super Rookie

Currency:
  4. sakura222 Super Rookie

Currency:
    AS IF LMFAO THE WHOLE GODAMMN 48 AND 46 FANDOMS ARE THE MESSIEST SHIT EVER.

5. L_catzzz

L_catzzz Icon

Currency:
    Someone got killed by their fan bcoz they'd be dating . So no.

6. katahtattat

Currency:
    you think toxicity doesn't exist because you can't read japanese.

though on average i would say they're a lot less toxic than kpop fans.

7. JiminieKookie

JiminieKookie Professional ATEEZ and A.C.E stan

Currency:
    Park Junhee-stan| Stan A.C.E stan talent!
    :(

Not only this... a lot other things happen in JPop, wich are sometimes very sad. The passing of actor and vocalist Haruma Miura for example. He got all the hate for helping a friend wich made him mental down. I saw a video where people got asked about Haruma and a hand of these people said that Japanese culture is very harsh and half of all asked people said they knew someone who had suicidal thoughts or died, even a woman who was asked bout Haruma said she also had suicidal thoughts once. A while before Haruma a nother celeb from Japan passed away on suicide cause she was for whatever reason cyber bullied and couldn't take it no more.

Also the way how some idols interact with fans can be also very strange. I remember a label was once seen as really worse by some people cause they sold fanmeetings where the fans could touch the girls, hug them, lie in a bed with them,... for selfies and it was extremly weird an akward and especially cause the pics who were online only showed that male fans were on this event

Also for some other issues, after many years ago some girlgroup members got harassed on a fanmeeting Japan had to make a lot rules so if you are a fan of someone and go to his/her fanevent you have to follow several rules before even going there or else they can force you to leave, so for example you can only bring a certain type of gifts, have to store your belongings somewhere far away from the idols, and other rules ...

And Japan can also have the crazy fan-type. Taka from ONE OK ROCK mentioned it on Twitter around 5 years ago as he and the band were in the US and he said how crazy he was stalked by Japanese fans who came to the US. He went like from running behind him, fighting with American fans, trying to go backstage, breaking into his hotel room while he sleeps and making selfies of him, tracking his phone's GPS-data,... etc.

And of cause all the shut that happens in Johnny's Entertainment ...

8. L_catzzz

L_catzzz Icon

Currency:
    Exactly my point.

itiswhatitisss and Solarsido like this.
  9. Jins_Ramen

Jins_Ramen Trainee

Currency:
    Unpopular opinion:
    The fans I dislike the most aren't Korean, but American fans. Of course, I'm not generalizing, but the majority are so uneducated (as expected), they mess up idols' names so badly (it's not that hard to look up the pronunciation just like you search for Yoonmin fanfics) and they don't get the Korean/Asian culture at all. They try to adapt everything to their mentality and Koreans are very different from them. Someone who acts a certain way is obviously gay in America, but actually straight in SK.

10. Meisterk

Meisterk ≧▽≦ PAIMON ≧▽≦

Currency:
    this