Why is public nudity illegal ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Saitama, Aug 29, 2016.

?

Do you think that your nude body is beautiful ?

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

61.8%
  3. Yes Saitama touch me

8.8%
  4. Yes I don't buy clothes because my nude body >>

5.9%
  1. Saitama

Saitama Newbie

Currency:
    Hero
    How much harm do nude people really do by simply being naked and walking around the streets ? Nowadays it seems to be popular to say Alcohol kills this amount of people while cannabis doesn't, therefore legalize it, so I'm saying that I probably kill nobody by simply being naked, I cause less deaths than alcohol, I'm less harmful, therefore legalize it, they argue that the punishment for consuming cannabis in whatever form you want to is too harsh, so are the punishments for someone simply being nude too hard ? In some cases the police might grab them or get violent if they don't comply etc, is that too harsh for such a "victim less" crime like some pro cannabis people would argue and therefore should be relaxed or legalized ? Are you a hypocrite for using arguments for things you like but disregard exactly the same arguments for things you dislike ?

As for people who might feel uncomfortable by this, should they be more accepting and tolerant like the people who preach "Be more tolerant and open minded with gays and transgenders etc" ? Does society have to accept them as "normal" people and members of society too ? Do you really think that "open minded" people are really open minded or just pretend to be or hop along because it's the popular thing to do ? Do you think children can be taught/"indoctrinated" to be tolerant of seeing nude people, just like there are many cultures where certain clothes are okay and there are human tribes who still live mostly nude without any problems, why should there be any real problem with having nude people at the streets ? Or do you think rape victims etc will feel uncomfortable by this and therefore it should remain illegal ?

Some people also say, what gives you the right to decide if gay people can marry or not, so I could say what right do you have to determine how much clothes someone should wear, how much skin they should show and "slut shame" girls if they show too much skin or saying things like I don't want to see person X naked because he or she is ugly, is this discrimination ? Like when people said things like, I don't want to sit/eat/etc right next to a person with this and this skin color or with this and this body weight ? Is this just ruthless body shaming ? If we don't want to see other persons we just don't look at them, like nobody forces you to eat this and this meat etc if you don't want to.

Or is it okay to discriminate them because they are a minority ? Homosexuals and transgenders etc are minorities, apparently it's not okay to discriminate them but it's okay to discriminate people who simply want to be nude ? Or does the minority need to reach a certain amount of people before it's not okay to discriminate them ?

Do you think nude people will rape you, do you also think that by allowing "Transgender" people to use whatever toilet they like, they will suddenly start raping you ? Do you think rapists would really care about raping someone even if it wasn't legal for example for him or her to enter the opposite bathroom ?

Since we also have the religious freedom right (Well I will assume that your country does) where for example muslim women cover up many parts of their bodies, be it forced or not and some people say oh we gotta respect their religion etc, let's say I would found a religion where it's allowed to have a choice on being nude at the street and my followers would be nude at a public place, what could you say against me and my religious freedom right ? Which right outweighs the other one ? If you argue against my religious beliefs and the "privileges" it brings, I will argue against the "privileges" of Islam, Christianity, etc, so what will you do ? Deny me my "rights" but give other religions that "right" ? Or are rights just made up and does this show that society has alot of contradictions on many rights ? Right to live -> abortion is legal and a choice, all lifes are equally worth -> pregnant women are allowed to see if their baby is male or female, has down syndrom or not etc and then she aborts if one of these characteristics happen, yes truly life is equally worth :rolleyes: etc ?

Don't so many people nowadays tell everyone be who you are and be proud of it if it doesn't really harm anyone ? Yet you want to keep this illegal ? Or do you want to make it legal ? Or only partly like more nude places or except sexual organs etc ?

Share your thoughts
    Discuss

2. DZico

DZico Trendsetter

Currency:
    majority of common human bodies are ugly .

#2 DZico, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  3. desahyunar

desahyunar Newbie

Currency:
    i dont mind if all people going naked to streets. Specially if i'm living in Korea. You can purprose this idea for new stage attires in kgroups too, i will support it.

findtheakarun likes this.
  4. kimhyunjoong334

Currency:
    its disturbing to most (not that ur not beautiful but nobody wants to see that) and too easy for illness to spread to others,loss of jobs, extra waste. going around nude isnt respectful towards others and their wishes either(ppl always say respect my choices etc. but not respecting our choice of not seeing that(almost force). then what do you do to flashers? or perverts? it kinda makes loopholes for this stuff(same with that bathroom law)) they have places for ppl to be nude so theyre not bothering other ppl everyone is happy

#4 kimhyunjoong334, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  5. Oh_Kill_Em

Oh_Kill_Em Icon

Currency:
    Basset hound cult leader
    I'm just gonna say this: Life isn't fair. It never has been & it never will be. Not everyone (nudist or non-nudist) can have the privileges that they want, that's just how life is..

EDIT: I also want to add in that I'm somewhere in the middle of agreeing to legalize public nudity & keeping it illegal :/

#5 Oh_Kill_Em, Aug 29, 2016
  6. bedshits

bedshits Rookie

Currency:
    Anyways thanks for linking the Super Junior M song and spreading sjm love

Elf_lover and ChangF00d like this.
  7. DISABLED#4

DISABLED#4 Star

Currency:
    Wtf even? You can't compare public nudity to the LGBTQ+ rights movement.

Edit: It is simply inappropriate to be nude in public, that's how our society is. Slutshaming is wrong but showing your genitalia to everyone is too because that is sexual harassment.

I'm disgusted that you compared this to the LGBTQ+ rights movement. We still get murdered for being who we are all over the world, there is still way too much hate and there are many countries in which homosexuality is still illegal. You have no idea how much discrimination we actually experience on a daily basis and that you even think you wanting to be nude in public is in any way similar to the struggles of the LGBTQ+ community is just extremely disrespectful.

You have absolutely no idea what discrimination actually is and have obviously never experienced it, you are not part of a minority.

#7 DISABLED#4, Aug 29, 2016
  8. unseen

unseen Super Rookie

Currency:
    Public nudity is illegal because humans see their body as something private, as something sacred to some extent. That's an idea we grow up with, it's rooted in our brains even if it doesn't seem that evident. Some societies have stablished some weird conventions, some parts of human body are so sexualized, that it became unacceptable to be seen in public. All in all, people have the idea that the body is somehow private and some parts are evidently conventionally associated to sexual behaviour, butt, female breasts, genitalia obviously, some other parts in other cases, but that's how society has chosen to see human body. It's almost impossible to end with those conventions and make people see human body as something natural, not sexualized. So this is why it's not legal.

#8 unseen, Aug 29, 2016
    Hmyzone55 likes this.
  9. ChangF00d

ChangF00d Super Rookie

Currency:
    If its part of your religious beliefs I don't feel like that should be denied because that would be hypocritical. But I haven't heard of a religion where they said you needed to be naked.
    It's interesting. You see some older, "primitive" societies wearing very little, or nothing at all and they function perfectly fine. But it's all well and good to banter and complain about nudists having no rights, but how would you integrate something like that into a modern society? There would need to be a huge societal change. Changes in policies, changes in rights and not just for one country, maybe the whole world needs to do it.
    It's not going to happen overnight, and frankly there are other things that are more important (eg world hunger and poverty). That our governments need to fix first before moving on to us privileged first-world folk

and I agree with @becci. Public nudity and Homosexuality is an unfair comparison. Besides having people that are minorities the two have nothing in common.

10. DZico

DZico Trendsetter

Currency:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nudity_in_religion

11. propanda

propanda Very Important Panda

Currency:
    You see when Adam and Eve were created by God they were naked, because they didn't know sin then. But Satan as form of snake made Eve to take a bite of apple even if God had forbidden it and she made Adam to take bite as well. Adam and Eve then realized that they were naked and started covering themselves up- cause they knew sin. And because of this story you and everyone else has to cover up :p

Lotus_Shang and mkusa like this.
  12. kimhyunjoong334

Currency:
    if its legal,so many ppl do it and we dont want to see it then what? we have nowhere to look. we should all just stop here this "equality" thing we reached a good point of equality it is starting to get messy.....

#12 kimhyunjoong334, Aug 30, 2016
    Hmyzone55 likes this.
  13. Saitama

Saitama Newbie

Currency:
    Hero
    Your society, not every society, do you think your cultural, social and moral values are absolute and every other country has to abide them ? What is your basis for believing in absolute morality ?
    Why is it inappropriate to be nude in public ? Years ago it was considered inappropriate by people to see two guys or girls holding hands and kissing, saying it harms the children, calling it "gay propaganda", nowadays you are considered a bigot in certain countries, if you don't share that opinion ? Society has "evolved" and started saying things like accepting people for who they are if they don't harm anyone else, how is public nudity different ? You don't really hurt anyone else and as I said look at certain natural tribes around the world, no problem with seeing nude people, they don't freak out, they are tolerant of that as I mentioned, why can they be tolerant of "victim less" crimes but you can't, you want tolerance for being born that way, some people might not be able help themselves with being born that way to wanting to be nude, why you're discriminating them ? Societies moral values changed to they don't harm anyone around with their lifestyle so let them alone and accept them, same goes for nude people, maybe showing more tolerance ? You don't wan to see people nude ? So do people who don't want to see homosexuals holding hands in public saying it harms and angers them, same shit, different name.

So ? There are still many countries where women can't wear what they want and break dress codes like not wearing hijabs when outside etc and they get discriminated if they do so or sometimes killed, they get discriminated or is that not discrimination for you ? They also face hate for that. Do you have any idea how much discrimination they face everyday for simply wanting to wear different things ? Who are you to decide how much they can wear, which body part they have to cover etc ? Covering up sexual organs ? You homosexuals want equal treatment for being who you are so why do you oppose women who want to show their titties in public demanding equal treatment ? And if they can show sexual organs why can't they show their whole bodies, what business do you have to tell them they can't ? They don't kill you by doing that. That's just like people who tell you who and which gender you should marry
    Not really, I made a point for people who view one thing as acceptable with certain arguments but if you use similiar arguments for other things it's suddenly taboo again, don't be a hypocrite ?

"You have absolutely no idea what discrimination actually is and have obviously never experienced, since you are not part of "my" minority",

#13 Saitama, Aug 30, 2016
  14. mkusa

mkusa Public Figure

Currency:
    Damn you Adam and Eve. Or........depending on who we are talking about........thank you so much:):):)

At least apples are still tasty.

propanda likes this.
  15. Hmyzone55

Hmyzone55 Newbie

Currency:
    I was okay with this till you mentioned Islam.

It's funny , hypocritical actually how society tells us to show skin or to cover up. Women or men who want to cover up have as much right as those who don't. Don't confuse religion and culture. In the Middle East it is cultural to wear long, loose clothes - why? Cause it hot. The more skin you show, the more water evaporates from your body which would eventually make you faint. Let's be logical.

And why can't someone wear what they want for religious reasons? What is so wrong with that? Why do they have to show what they want to cover? Why? Why are you biased towards them cause of their beliefs? What right do you that them to give them "liberty"? You are robbing away their freedom to wear what they want just cause you want them to wear what you want.

Seriously.

kimhyunjoong334 likes this.
  16. Ojijini

Ojijini Super Rookie

Currency:
    a boring ass student/renjun enthusiast.
    I'll find it weird if everyone goes nude. Like, wtf, seeing your crush and his d*ck at the mall. Like, ummm... okay. From being weirded out to dirty thoughts ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) huehuehue.

But there would always be people who criticize the body of others. Shape or color/sexuality, people be talking sh*t about someone. F them. The bastards and bitches can't be stopped. If kids want to show skin, the parents are responsible for that I think. If they do as they want though, so be it.

I don't like it when you include religion into topics. Because with religion included, everything becomes touchy. And people start talking about that holy text. But not everyone's religious. And that text was written thousands of years ago.

I don't think everyone would like nudity to be legal.

#16 Ojijini, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  17. DZico

DZico Trendsetter

Currency:
    Africa is more hot then arabia but they don't wear long clothes , also ancient arabs didn't wear clothes it was all influnced by islam which come from judo-christan tradition/religion . . ancient arabs used to wear less clothes like belly dancers it all changed with islam and sharia law that was imposed on the people of arabia after muslims concurred their land .

18. imthatxx

imthatxx Rookie

Currency:
    Professional Pokémon Go Player.
    I don't think I would go naked even if it was 100% accepted.

19. Hmyzone55

Hmyzone55 Newbie

Currency:
    In Africa - they do wear long clothes.....traditionally speaking. Somali, Kenya, Nigeria. Yeah, they do. Unless it's a special event then they have other arrangements. Same thing for belly dancing.

Ancient Arabs? Heol. have you read history? People used to cover their faces when they traveled in the desert - not cause it was law but cause there were sand storms.

And Sharia means law. So you are basically saying : law, law. And if a country abides by a certain law, any law. Shouldn't it be imposed? Law isn't a choice if you are to be following it. not here to preach religion but all it says is that both men and women should be dressed in a modest manner. Some want to cover themselves more - so what's wrong with that?

Draft saved Draft deleted