Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

why is Monsta x so underrated?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by luvTWICE5H, Feb 17, 2018.

1. luvTWICE5H

luvTWICE5H Star

Twice sexy Secretary( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    I mean they got the visuals(wonho), rap(do i need to explain?)vocals also.
    But why are they not at the top? they are more talented than most group at the top(wont say any names).[​IMG]

2. Elizabeth_Xin

Elizabeth_Xin Youngjae's Wife

I'm a Monbebe so this is coming from a fan's perspective so no hate please, but Kihyun is the only member whose vocals really stand out to me. MONSTA X has well rounded vocalists but they aren't particularly massively skilled or anything.

mirella likes this.
  3. SkinnyJungkook

SkinnyJungkook Entertainer

They are rated as such because they come off as a bunch of pansies trying to make "tough guy" music.

4. Princess

Princess Artist

It's either because Starship doesn't promote them well enough, or because Monbebes don't vote enough/aren't vocal enough. To be honest I think it's the latter. I tried to get other Monbebe's on board with different events for voting schedules for the boys several times and got little to no effort from them, whereas when I try to get other ARMYs on board they come ready for war. That doesn't mean Monbebes don't love Monsta X, cause they really do, Monbebes are some of the sweetest and helpful people ever too, but they're just really chill, and don't do fanwars or w.e. They're not out here in these streets making a big scene. Monsta X is pretty popular though. They had a really fantastic world tour. I think it was sold out, so. Just again, Monbebes are really chill and don't care about recognition and to be all up in people's space.

inverity, mirella and BCSN24 like this.
  5. shinyemin

shinyemin Rookie

their time will come, just like happened to btob... we just need to wait

BCSN24 likes this.
  6. kKaliko

kKaliko Star

crow destroyer
    normal people sleep on beds but y'all sleep on monsta x.
    pls stan jooheon and his mixtapes. thanks.

inverity, mirella and Princess like this.
  7. Venomous

Venomous Main Monbebe
    Awards Team Graphics Bitch

Artist
    Honestly Starship mismanages them so badly and the fandom does not help things with their constant meddling (see: Jooheon's recently cancelled solo tracks) and lackadaisical attitude towards participating in voting, promo, and whatnot. It's also very obviously been the mostly Kihyun/Jooheon/Changkyun show for a while, though they are getting somewhat better about that with time. All we can do as Monbebe is put forth our best effort to participate and be there when they need us, and hope that the company might actually start sorting things out on their end in regards to helping members shore up against their weaknesses and find their way to shine, and make the team more well rounded overall.

Blaenavon9, mirella, BCSN24 and 3 others like this.
  8. kKaliko

kKaliko Star

crow destroyer
    fucking monbebes for ruining jooheon's mixtape
    i really really want to hear him rap more

Blaenavon9, mirella and BCSN24 like this.
  9. Venomous

Venomous Main Monbebe
    Awards Team Graphics Bitch

Artist
    If you're actually pissed and want to do something....
    You could retweet this statement to Starship (in English & Korean) asking them to release it.

Blaenavon9 likes this.
  10. kKaliko

kKaliko Star

crow destroyer
    yeah already did that

11. Kelly

Kelly Artist

Regardless of the reasons why they aren't a top group, all I want is for them to get all the love and appreciation they truly deserve. They constantly work so hard so I just want them to be rewarded more for it above than anything else!! ;;'

12. Akidoki_clap

Akidoki_clap Artist

The competition is really high this time and unless a group is pretty established they end up being overshadowed by the monster groups. And last year was a boy group bloodbath with most of the produce 101 groups debuting with high popularity.
    Nearly all of the 2016 rookies except nct have been having a really difficult time in 2017 and 2018. The 2015 rookies except for seventeen and ikon are in the same situation albeit a bit better because they were able to establish a decent fandom in 2016 prior to the bloodbath in 2017. Monsta x is the same. They were able to build their fanbase in 2016 and hold on with some difficulty in 2017. But unless something changes for the better in 2018, the year has the potential to get worse. I really hope monsta x will be able to grow this year. They deserve it.

Blaenavon9 likes this.
  13. Vikki

Vikki Married to @Girl_Crush

Time waster
    Let's be honest, there's a lot other than talent that affects how popular a group is. Monsta X is from a non big 3 company, which makes it harder to be on top (BTS took a couple years to become popular too). Monsta X is also on the newer side, they only debuted 2.5 years ago. I would atually say they're quite popular considering all this, they had sold out World Tours and only seem to be rising in popularity :)

Blaenavon9 and mirella like this.
  14. Alliyahloveskpop

Not underrated but under appreciated. They can sell over 100,000 albums easily now . Also last year , they sold around 300,000 albums and even went on a tour. They are definitely not underrated

Blaenavon9 and mirella like this.
  15. Qricket

Qricket Artist

Could be a couple of reasons:
    1. The fanbase average age seems older to me (I don't know this for a fact). They seem mature and laid back, which is a common trait for older fans, because they know when and when not to pick a fight. However, because they're older, this comes with more obligations; older fans may have jobs or may be studying more seriously than a younger fan would.
    2. Starship, which is by no means a small company, doesn't have that big company image either. Although they're trying to build the Starship brand, I noticed that they're not as good about promoting their groups as they are with their soloists. SISTAR was the third most popular girl group for a long time, but they didn't promote Boyfriend and the 2 rookies nearly as much. (Then again, SISTAR didn't need much promotion, we all knew when they were coming back)

mirella likes this.
  16. Gold_Fish64

Gold_Fish64 Rookie

don't have the 'it' factor rn

17. Key_the_VIP

Can you post what you consider to be their best songs?

18. kekebee

kekebee Rookie

They are not underrated. They are overrated because of all the promos starship gives them. They are like a very mediocre boygroup in korea.
    They debut at a somewhat old age. Korean kpop fans already know a thing or two about the members past that dont fit the goodie goodie “my innocent oppa” image. They are already like midway through their idol contract, and the moment their contracts end, they have to enlist immediately. All these things deter their fandom from growing in korea

19. LASNR

LASNR Entertainer

Yep, I love them and want all the success in the world for them but I’m a grown ass man and I really don’t have any interest in a lot of the fandom things. I do my little bit but if I were younger I would be way more involved

Blaenavon9 and Qricket like this.