Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

WHY is JYP doing a better job than SM?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by annoyed, Jun 23, 2018.

1. annoyed

annoyed Artist

JYP already debuted a group in China and now he’s about to debut a GG in Japan that’s apparently like Twice.

SM has NCT where the whole point of the group is supposed to be about different units in different countries/continents and so far not ONE country unit has debuted yet.

Why is JYP doing a better job at something SM should be doing with NCT??

LadyS, jimeous, luvTWICE5H and 3 others like this.
  2. Lulu_Key

Lulu_Key Legend

Astronaut
    no one knows why is SM delaying on debuting NCT subunits. The just went through bunch of merges with other companies, they are probably waiting for the dust to settle down.

lizvip likes this.
  3. Cielistium

Cielistium Entertainer

I am fan both of JYP and SM and I have to say that SM know the "right" time to do debuts, I am sure new unit will debut after massive scandal or something. But seriously, NCT U's debut was honestly unique, but for now SM is playing save, because they have global success with the idols they are having now.

JYP on other side is having mega success with TWICE and he is a bit of a experimenter for me that is why he is doing better at globalization, I mean he is known for dancing and singing his artists songs just to show they how they have to sound. I haven't seen anyone doing this.

4. WhiteWadeWilson

cause TWICE was a megahit, while NCT was not that big of a hit...imo

5. JJBaker

JJBaker Artist

If your talking about boystory.. they dont belong to jyp they just trained by jyp and there not debuted yet

6. Soulless_Senpai

JYP knows he's gonna make bank with Twice anyway, so he can afford to take a few risks with new projects.

For SM, NCT is that new project they're taking calculated risks with. They want NCT to be successful and so are being more cautious.

7. Sooyoungster34

stalker of Snsd
    Because of the THAAD, Sm was ready to debut his chinese subunit but their debut was canceled due to the thaad. Now he wait for the good moment. For the moment SM send Winwin do some tv shows in china, for promoted the group.
    Plus The advantage Sm have is that all their SM artist are almost worship in china, Lay , victoria and Yoona are well established in the country.

Plus when you say JYP is doing a better job it seems that you talk about in term of quality and it's not the case. Yes JYp will debut his group first but maybe he will flop while SM is preparing their debut carefully.

Winwin is doing some promotions in china, NCT work well in china, plus he have Chenle who was a big star in China.

So yes JYP is debuting is group first, But the NCT chinese sub unit are in preparation of their debut i think and they have more chance to be successfull
    Plus JYP know that he have to debut them very soon before SM because if SM debut first they will monopolize the chinese market and they will more chance that his group fail.

NCTismylove and mysteric_16 like this.
  8. jojomomo

jojomomo Artist

JYP has done / is doing a great job with Twice. I'm not so sure about their (joint-venture) China group Boystory though. Maybe few of the members will gather a following and break out, but as a group I don't think it'll be big. It's kind of a misconception that China LOVES young boy groups. There was ONE successful one, I can't think of any others. On average Cpop idols are generally older than Kpop.

I suspect SM's delay in debut NCT China might be due to some political and business factors.

9. annoyed

annoyed Artist

I would understand stans this but whats The point of sending Chinese members to chime to promote NCT when you can just debut NCT China with JUST Chinese members like the original plan? Like if he can send Chinese members there to promote how is THAAD gonna stop Sm from debuting NCT with just Chinese members?

Also my point still stands bc we have NCT 127 debuting in Japan, What’s honestly the point? Shouldn’t there be a NCT Japan unit instead since 127 is supposed to be based in Seoul?

With JYP I can see that he feels comfortable with a Japanese debut bc Twice was such a success but it’s also a BIIIIG risk bc people might rather be interested in the original version aka Twice and they might get called for a knock off etc but ofc it could also go really well. Same NCT in China, they could do really well over there too if they had debuted a Chinese unit

10. JJBaker

JJBaker Artist

P.s dont think you know by look of this
    nct china is planned to debut summer this year it was already announce
    and may i ask what china group are you talking about for jyp

11. bokeh

bokeh Trainee

Boy story is a total flop and I'm not even exaggerating

12. Sooyoungster34

stalker of Snsd
    the promotion of NCT 127 in Japan are most to promote the group and also based on the trainees that SM have they are not many japanese member, for the moment they are more chinese and Korean. I think NCT japan will debut in 2-3 years, the time to establish NCT and let time to people to understand the concept.
    It's the but the NCT china will be composed only by chinese member, but the THAAD was blocking all the work of the korean industry in China that's why their debut have been canceled, and i think now he wants more to establish NCT system through NCT 127 and i think they want to surf on the hallyu wave which takes the USA. That's why actually NCT127 are doign many interview with billboard etc....

Plus like NCT 127 have said, the 127 don't mean they are going to promote only in korea, but it means that Kpop have debuted in seoul, and that even they promoted in Japan or USA, their root are in seoul, they represent the KPOP which is expanded in all over the world.

Yes but the thing JYP don't understand is that Twice have the hype of a KPOP group in Japan, all the kpop group even if they come from small company have a certain hype in Japan. But if he debut a Jpop group, it will be different even if they debute they will not big hit. The Girl group of JPOP are very establish, like morning musume, AKB48, perfume etc.... So they are very small chance that they hit big.

Plus the question is not if Nct will debute a unit in China because they will
    The difference between JYP and SM is that JYP is jumping in unknow water. While SM are aware of the chinese system, context, who to promote their group there, they just wait the right moment.
    And it's not the right moment at this moment because they need to promote NCT with their Japan and korean promotion, promote Red velvet on making thema comeback, they prepare the first OT5 comeback of SNSD and their tv shows. and they will debute their new girl group, they prepare the Japan tour of Taeyeon, they promote the ten years anniversary of Shinee.

People think that JYP is bigger nowadays because is have so many project but they forgot that JYP need to handle only two group, Twice and Got7
    While SM need to handle 5 groups, plus the solo of artist like Taeyeon, plus their next girl group and finally they need to plan the debut of the sub unit of Luna and amber, plus the promotion of Yoona, Lay and victoria in china, don't forget also that Many actor and comedian are promote by SM, plus they work on the SM station
    The NCT china would maybe debut but nowadays they don't have the time to handle the debut of this unit

SM is more bigger than what you see

13. JJBaker

JJBaker Artist

how are they a flop they haven't even debuted yet?
    plus there not jyps

14. annoyed

annoyed Artist

The Chinese group Boy Story. There’s been talks but I’ll believe it when I see it tbh bc it’s been a lot of talks when it comes from SM

15. bokeh

bokeh Trainee

They have debuted, and they're the Chinese boy group JYP claims to have debuted, so if they're not JYP's then he's lying.

16. JJBaker

JJBaker Artist

Boy story are under NCC Entertainment & Giant Goal Entertainment'
    NCC entertainment is only partly owned by jyp so jyp prob has 25% ownership

ZYC likes this.
  17. JJBaker

JJBaker Artist

Please link there debut album then as they have announced to debut after 1 more song this year...
    each song they have realised so far have been pre realise songs what every company does

18. Lubby00

Lubby00 Legend

BoyStory didn’t debut yet

JJBaker likes this.
  19. MOEBIUS

MOEBIUS Artist

You can't really compare SM to JYP, SM is a bigger company and more stabilish than JYP.

20. jimeous

jimeous Star

They debut at number 1 on QQ Music Charts a few weeks ago