Why is it bad for non-black people to say the n word?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by x4ever, Apr 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lotus_Girl

Lotus_Girl Rookie

Currency:
    Looking for job
    What I know if a word is offensive you shouldn't use it if you don't want others to use it..

2. Lotus_Girl

Lotus_Girl Rookie

Currency:
    Looking for job
    That was my source for been sure it is not a racism word -.- a word considered as disrespect not Racism there is big difference between disrespect someone and be racist against someone..

H. Lewis Smith, author of Bury that Sucka: A Scandalous Affair with the N-word, believes that "replacing the 'er' with an 'a' changes nothing other than the pronunciation" and the African American Registry notes, "Brother (Brotha) and Sister (Sistah or Sista) are terms of endearment. was and still is a word of disrespect."

#22 Lotus_Girl, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2016
  3. Tellmeyoursone

Tellmeyoursone Celebrity

Currency:
    Nana's baebae
    Okay but wait, I don't think I understand. I don't get what you're trying to say?
    You've said the n word so many times in this thread already even though there are people here telling you why it's wrong. If they say the n word it doesn't mean that you can automaticly use it, it's like I can joke with my friends and maybe call them Svenne but that's because we're friends and we know that we don't actually mean it! If someone else called me a Svenne, I would be pissed, cuz I wouldn't know that those people were joking and I've met people that use the word badly! Svenne isn't even nearly as bad as the n word so I would suppose that saying the n word would be much more offensive. If they wanna call their friends that word then that's obviously cuz they're close and they know that they're not being serious or not using it for something bad. But they don't know you and they don't have the same relationship with you. I don't think people would appreciate it if you came up to them and called them the n word.

sicaranghae likes this.
  4. easyalyce

easyalyce Super Rookie

Currency:
    Fembot
    @Melisandre
    @Lotus_Girl

You guys need to agree to disagree, and let it go before this mostly civil debate turns into insults.

Since, the topic is rather sensitive for a some forum members here, permanently closing.

#24 easyalyce, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    Lotus_Girl likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.