Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Why is everyone against CL?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by cozychaelin, Jan 15, 2018.

1. cozychaelin

cozychaelin Artist

Like I know, you may not like her music, you may not like her looks and maybe you have something against her personality but she's in a situation right now where she needs all the support.

I'm so sick and tired hearing people say that she's the reason why 2NE1 disbanded or that it's her fault, that her album didn't come out yet. It's always funny to see how people on the internet seem to know more about what happens in the background than the artist.

There are some points I just want to talk about since I saw many comments like this in the last days:

1. She should tell that to Scooter, not YG
    How close to her are you, that you know who has more control over her? Do y'all really think she's dumb enough to shoot against a totally different person who did nothing wrong? CL seems to me like a really really smart person. She would never do stuff like this without any reasons. She remained silent over the last years so something must've happened in the last time.

2. It's her fault that the album never was released
    People are talking about that all her songs are bad and that she didn't wrote/produced something great yet. In the last 2 years, YG gave green light to so many bad songs. So you can't tell me that CL never had something good since she wrote 200 songs. She already proved her skills during 2NE1's Crush era.

3. How many debuts/chances will she get?
    She got exactly one. She collaborated with will.i.am, Diplo and Skrillex but all these songs were made in a genre that was never planned to be suitable for the mass. Lifted was her only American song and it was actually pretty good and she managed to be the first female Korean solo-artist who made in onto the Billboard Hot 100.
    Also, y'all seem to forget how important it is in America to release much stuff to gain attention. They don't have a "debut-hit or miss" system, like in Korea.

4. 2NE1 is dead because of her solo career
    2NE1 existed along to CL's American career until 2015 since many things happened. The girls worked their ass off to comeback but YG was never brave enough to release something new. CL even gave her own song as a last present for her fans and the former 2NE1 members. She even brought them back to her solo stage at the MAMAs in 2015.
    Never say she abandoned her group for her own career if you don't know anything about it.

She's been releasing her own stuff and shaded YG everyday since new year. Of course this won't make it easier for her to release something under this company but just imagine how mad and sad a calm person like CL must be. I never saw her so offensive and pissed until now...

#1 cozychaelin, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  2. Palujal

Palujal Artist

It's pretty similar to Hyuna, I mean kinda same situations on the group bash.

I feel like CL/YG being hated for her solo debut because they promised her US debut long ago but then neither of the tracks were named as an official debut regardless of who is delaying it as no one really knows

But also the fact that Minzy said that she didn't know anything about the reunion/last song probably doesn't help the facts here

Cant comment more detailed cause I don't follow them too much :-/

Its either Scooter or YG but someone doing her dirty right now. if she truly filmed the mv's there must been a clash between these 2 probably to not release the mv

loomynartychild likes this.
  3. BetterCouponski

BetterCouponski Super Rookie

CL is a Queen and that's a fact

southclubstan likes this.
  4. RainingStarlight

Grim Reaper
    People are fans of kpop for their music and personality. I don't think people are "against" her. It's almost like a mix of Hyuna & Amber's situation.
    Minzy didn't know? :eek:

5. ImAPaintbrush

ImAPaintbrush Rookie

i dont really know for sure bc when i first got into kpop it seemed like so many people liked her but what it looks like to me from an outside pov is that her solo career stagnated due to various unknown reasons and 2ne1 disbanded and to many people she looked like a convenient scapegoat. her whole going to america to be successful and then not actually being successful also doesn't lend credibility

when you don't pull through on things, even if its not your fault, you won't come out looking very good

so now if she complains, the response isn't going to be very supportive

i think CL is a capable singer. i'm not really sure why things dont seem to go as well for her as they should. it could be a matter of bad timing all around

(keep in mind, outsider POV since I'm not a GG stan)

6. Palujal

Palujal Artist

7. k_PopFan98

k_PopFan98 Artist

Chemist on the making
    I don't think people is againts her is just that she promised so many things back then and still we have nothing

8. Noemi

Noemi Star

Nobody hates her but I do think her actions are counterproductive. She isn't going to have YG or Scooter Braun help her release an album by criticizing them.

9. ITZAYANAMX

ITZAYANAMX Entertainer

I dont think any one is againt her, but I will reply to your points, because I still think she have some fault:

1.CL american debut is on Scooter braun company. And from each of her interviews she said she wanted an American album. But again her american album was delayed, so why does she keep kissing the guy ass?. Yes we dont know her personally and we dont know either whats up in YG the company but that does not stop people from talking about it.

2. Again she said she wanted an Americna debut, english songs American album. So why asking YG for the songs and ask him to relese it? She did not wanted a korean relese during her own interviews. Ask her other company for producers as well.

3. I think people said that because they always promoted it as her debut. And media play about it (not scooter braun.... #justsaying)

4. Along with her spending her time in the USA, Bom scnadal and Minzy leaving all contributed for 2ne1 disbanded. 2NE1 started to sound "CL and the others" long before theie disbandment.

She was very loud saying she wanted a American debut, why shading on YG for a korean relese now when was not what she wanted first? Why the company should change their ways because she decided to return to korean activities?
    Why trying to put her fans againt one but not the other? If she does not want people to speculate then be clear

#9 ITZAYANAMX, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  10. QueenCedar101

QueenCedar101 Entertainer

I don't understand what's bad about her. I love CL. She has the style, charisma, and that bad-girl attitude that is charming and alluring to me. I don't think it's really her fault that the group disbanded, because they were all going to split eventually. It's inevitable for all groups. I'm sure the other girls may wanted to do solo things themselves. And as much as I love her, I'm not sure that she'll actually break America. With all of the people that are charting right now, it's going to be some tough competition, unless she gets marketed more, like BTS.

11. LAYNICORNINFIRES

LAYNICORNINFIRES Akp’s Meme Queen™
    Events Team

uwuing into oblivion
    because she's a convenient scapegoat....
    whatever she doesn't deserve it
    (i love her so much ugh antis can fuck off)

12. ITZAYANAMX

ITZAYANAMX Entertainer

I still dont know why should Minzy know about it, she was not part of 2ne1 a year before their disbandment. And she for sure knew about it because was anounced by the media a monthbbefore and was repeated constantly, she was shady complaning about it the day of the relese.

13. yupitsme

yupitsme Artist

From the few interviews I've seen, Scooter is slow, lazy, and ain't doin shit for her aside from booking gigs at clubs. CL needs way more creative outlets (makeup, fashion, modeling, song production, dancing, anything) and she's doing most of the promotion by herself via social media nowadays. Her management team needs to step it up big time.

gdhimu, JOSEPHBRY and ITZAYANAMX like this.
  14. Palujal

Palujal Artist

Well. regardless if she was or not she finished all 2ne1 songs and should have included in the last songs I don't blame CL for the disbandment it's mainly Bom, at least in my opinion as it would have been hard to comeback from the scandals and on the live stage CL feature she got backflash again for pushing a dancer ( some say she did some say she didn't) didn't really help.

Minzy was a 1 member out of 4 members I'd have understood this if they wouldn't have finished all promo together and then the goodbye song wouldnt include but she did her part by completing all promotions that they had she was complaining about it but wouldn't you be hurt as well? she did learn about it from media and not the group/yg so it's same saying as YG/2NE1 had no intentions of inviting her in this

15. ITZAYANAMX

ITZAYANAMX Entertainer

Thank you. This and the YG representative in the USA have being promoting her in social media. scooter braun is just... meh!! But she keep defending him.

16. ITZAYANAMX

ITZAYANAMX Entertainer

When Minzy left she was clear when she said did not wanted to be related to 2ne1 any more, that she changed her speech is not the other 3 girls problem.
    She had a knew agency and was promoting, why should YG help to promote her solo career?...
    Minzy ignored everything related to 2ne1 for a year, including the anniversary , even when the other girls included her, and fans asked her about it. why did she suddently cared?

#16 ITZAYANAMX, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    JOSEPHBRY and the_suddenlykfan like this.
  17. lizvip

lizvip Star

I dont hate cl nor I'm agaisnt her I just think she have fault just like yg and scooter braun.
    She is not being clear about anything and just shading YG, but what about her american agency?
    If she wanted people to understand , then lets be clear, this have a lot of things that dont match at all.

JOSEPHBRY likes this.
  18. the_suddenlykfan

AMEN!!

19. JOSEPHBRY

JOSEPHBRY Entertainer

The problem here is that CL her selft opened this pandora box of speculations when she started to complain in social media.
    Anything you post there is open to be judged by others.
    And considering what we all know about her American debut and who she is signed with is normal that people asking what about him? What is he doing?

I wish her the best

20. jenstals

jenstals Star

Because CL doing nothing but Instagram modelling threatens them..

Anyway, Anticipate CL's Hollywood debut this year.