NEW FORUMS OPEN HERE

Why is alcohol on decrease?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bartkun, Jan 8, 2021.

1. bartkun

bartkun Star

Currency:
    I remember when I was in my mid teenage years I could even buy vodka which was 46%.
    Now surprising things are happening and some "iconic" brands on market here started to make alcohol which is under 37% which means it can't be called vodka anymore lol...

Now I'm reading about Jennie being new face of some soju brand, and I've checked history and it also decreased amount of alkohol in it in last few years...

Yorobun what's going on?!

Are they changing it just to make us drink/pay more?

crazybichasian likes this.
  2. Solar_System

Solar_System Newbie

Currency:
    Were you even legal at that time? smh...

3. bartkun

bartkun Star

Currency:
    you are legal when you are 18 but here in Europe you can buy alcohol in many shops when you are 15-16 and look matured enough

Solar_System and Salalalala like this.
  4. JiminieKookie

JiminieKookie Professional ATEEZ and A.C.E stan

Currency:
    Park Junhee-stan| Stan A.C.E stan talent!
    @Solar_System

What is written here is totall BS. Cashier have to ask for your passport if they can't distinguish you between teenager and adult. A lot shops in my town for example only let you buy beer (since this is legal to buy at 16 here) but no mather if you are an adult or not they often check your passport till you are 24-25 and rarly even over that age cause it might happen that there is the rare case of a let's say 28 years old looking like 16. My 28 year old cousin as example was asked for her passport till she was 25. As she was 18 and had her first child she said to a cashier once "I am a mother, I have my own apartment, I can drive and you ask me for my passport?" the cashier said "you could be a teen-mom, got allowed to live alone as teen by your parents and as teen you can drive with an allowed person sitting next to you in the car so you tell me what?" Cause I look very young I was still asked for my passport till around 22 years old. Many stores also have a sign nearthe cashregister that says you can look older as you're actuall age so they will look at your passport if you want to buy anything that has more alcohol than beer has

privateinfrench and Solar_System like this.
  5. bartkun

bartkun Star

Currency:
    Wait passport to buy alcohol? never heard of it in Poland/Czech/Slovakia, and I also was in Austria, and Italy when I was below adult age and I bought beer, wine, and Absinth there. No one even asked about ID.

6. NemuriNezumi

NemuriNezumi Groovy Dormouse

Currency:
    University student
    Same in spain
    If you look old enough you can get into clubs, buy tabaco and alcohol (no need to show any id)
    Thay said
    Here in the uk i had to even show my id when i wanted to buy some of those sparkly sticks fireworks (and you only need to be 16 to buy them so wtf)
    They almost didn't believe my age when I showed my passport

Good thing I don't drink alcohol because it would be a total pain to get it each time

In the uk they even ask them for energy drinks when in spain teens buy them as if it was normal fanta or coca cola

7. faelix

faelix Trainee

Currency:
    Same here. A passport seem excessive.. maybe they ask for ID but where I live everyone have fake ID or look older lol

8. cyka-blyat

cyka-blyat Rookie

Currency:
    drink petrol its better

9. fantasygoose

Currency:
    Writer
    In my country, we normally use driver's license to prove we are old enough to buy alcohol.
    But because I don't have a license, I have to use a passport. (even though I actually never buy alcohol)

10. queenyeji

queenyeji Super Rookie

Currency:
    Too much alcohol makes people do stupid things? Or they were afraid of people setting people on fire with beverages lol
    Anyway, smoking weed is better.

Draft saved Draft deleted