Why in k-drama does it always look...

Discussion in 'K-Movies & TV' started by 02MaxX02, May 5, 2017.

1. 02MaxX02

02MaxX02 Super Rookie

Currency:
    ... so cold?

I mean, it isn't rare that I see some cold breath coming out of the actors and actresses mouth. Is it just me who sees this? Is there a reason? Because, damn, those people are good to act in the cold like that.

If someone has an answer, please, let me know ^^

kengonzaga_love likes this.
  2. crowboy

crowboy Leader

Currency:
    I think it's generally pretty cold in SK.

3. reveliv

reveliv Public Figure

Currency:
    ReveLINK
    they're also probably filming at much later times so less people are out, or really early.

4. Cutie888

Cutie888 Married to :@ilovetzuyoda

Currency:
    I don't know, if I were them my legs and bones would be shaking and shivering :annoyedr:

02MaxX02 likes this.
  5. 02MaxX02

02MaxX02 Super Rookie

Currency:
    Yeah I know... but even when they film inside! How come there's no heater or something.

I live in Canada, where it can get to -35 or -40 degree celsius.... and even if we film in winter (inside) there's no such thing.

6. 02MaxX02

02MaxX02 Super Rookie

Currency:
    Like i said to another person... isn't there some kind of heater? I get that it's cold outside... but inside? why?

7. trickyblues

trickyblues Super Rookie

Currency:
    Probably because it's a set, as in the house of whatever is made in a large warehouse studio where there is no proper heating.

Basically they make it in a warehouse because of noise and practicably. They pretty much can remove walls and shoot a scene without disruption. Real rooms aren't big, so can you image like a minimum of three big industrial cameras, plus sound, lighting and crew of a average of 25 people to fit in a room?

They pretty much remove a wall, film standing outside it, while the actors and such are inside the 'house'. That is why a lot of shots have the same background, because they remove the same wall to make it easier. This also explains why a lot of kdramas like to film in big rich but empty looking houses, because they have the room for crew.

Also these warehouses are like in the countryside or industrial areas, so they are always colder.

FranF45, crowboy and 02MaxX02 like this.
  8. 02MaxX02

02MaxX02 Super Rookie

Currency:
    Amen. Thank you.

9. Spinereader

Spinereader Leader

Currency:
    First off THANK YOU for doing a thread about something besides PD101! I like the show, but those threads are dominating the board.

Second, I wonder if they don't sometimes film in the cold on purpose. There are some advantages to it. Couples cuddling up to get warm, snowy landscapes, or a sad tone to the series which suits a cold setting.

02MaxX02 likes this.
  10. 02MaxX02

02MaxX02 Super Rookie

Currency:
    You're WELCOME! :D

And yes, it does make sense what you are saying. It's just that sometimes they're filming inside and having dinner and suddenly a cold breath comes out of one of the characters. I'm like ''how can they act constantly under such condition? ''