why i mostly prefer jpop idols over kpop idols

Discussion in 'J-POP' started by katahtattat, Jul 29, 2017.

1. polca

polca Super Rookie

Currency:
    Omg it was humour and sarcasm. Youre not very fun to talk to

2. katahtattat

Currency:
    :(maybe i am not

or you're just not very good at communicating through text :p

3. kKaliko

kKaliko Idol

Currency:
    RM MONO PR TEAM
    variety requires no skill whatsoever and i'm surprised that variety is integral to the kpop industry.

4. katahtattat

Currency:
    i disagree with variety not requiring skill. i guess technically it doesn't, but neither does dancing. Doing either good does require skill

PopPunkIsNotDead likes this.
  5. kKaliko

kKaliko Idol

Currency:
    RM MONO PR TEAM
    lol dancing requires a lot of skill and talent. variety you only need to know how to ride the vibes on a show and appeal to the fans and hosts, as well as to not stuff up and causing unwarranted scandals. idk if you feel talking is a skill and whatnot but eh.

dancing is a display of emotions in the crude form of bodily movemnt, requiring grace, fluidity, and sharpness. it's passionate and next to music as an art form in the rawest way. look at park jimin or jhope from bts.

you're thinking of trash girl groups whose choreographies consist of 90% aegyo, basic arm swings, and basic walking around the stage. underground and modern dancers are the best examples of dance as an art form.

6. kKaliko

kKaliko Idol

Currency:
    RM MONO PR TEAM
    you're pretty ignorant to think that dancing requires no skill.

anyways, i'd say some jpop is better than kpop, because the music is more meaningful and heartfelt, with members playing the instruments themselves and all contributing to the production of the song. day6 is a good example of a more j-rock/jpop type band.

7. katahtattat

Currency:
    variety done well requires wit, timIng, intelligence etc. What is needed can change with every show or in an instant. it's not just talking.

I said dancing done well requires skill, but at its base level it's just rythmic movIng that babies do naturally

PopPunkIsNotDead likes this.
  8. PopPunkIsNotDead

Currency:
    As a fan of both KPop and JPop, I'm with all of you. Although I've picked better dancing examples for both of them (those are... OK?).
    Taemin would be my first choice for KPop.

(I still think that "Sayonara Hitori" is one of the best performances/stages/dances I've seen)
    EXILE (any of the groups from the family) is the top of JPop dance without doubt (although your options were pretty awesome too, kudos to them).

(Not the best example, but I couldn't find decent recordings on YouTube)
    Anyway, as much as dancing requires a certain skill from base (I can't dance at all, for example, and I've been going to different dance classes for years), being an entertainer requires it too, but it can be developed. Even though it doesn't look like it from the outside (the main target of JPop is, well, obviously Japan, and not the rest of the world like KPop), JPop stars are really engaged with their fans (ex. pretty much every Johnny's talent has/participates/appears on TV programs, and may of them are only for the group).

So, I'd say that KPop had a similar way to "produce" idols before (like, when SS501 or OT5 DBSK were still on top), but nowadays is not (more on the "let's have as many international fans as we can).
    They are different, yes, and they are great in their own way.

9. mkusa

mkusa Public Figure

Currency:
    Jpop artists respond to me directly on twitter often, sometimes with a comment, sometimes with a like.
    Kpop artist do not.
    Nuff said about reaching out to fans.

10. tomo_xxii

tomo_xxii Newbie

Currency:

11. CNCOwner

CNCOwner Newbie

Currency:
    I agree.
    Though, in general the Japanese music industry is more vast, innovative and different.

There's so much genres within the Japanese music scene. In the Korean music scene it's pretty much the same as America just with more groups. That's what many K-pop fans DON'T seem to understand. K-pop music is just music from the West and Japan sung in Korean (although I do like SOME K-pop myself).

In the Japanese music scene you can listen to some experimental Vocaloid music, a mixed gender metal band and then some jazz music.

In the Korean music scene you'd basically listen to a pop girl group, then a pop boy group, then a pop solo artist.

Just my opinion with some facts, before anyone gets butt hurt. :)

tomo_xxii likes this.