why GOT7 doesn't have good digitals?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by huRRicane8, Apr 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. huRRicane8

huRRicane8 Rookie

Currency:
    Got7 was my fav boy group when they debuted, I was very excited to see them, but their latest songs are not my favorites to be honest. and they've been around since 2014, I was checking out their sales today and their digitals are so poor, while for ex. Winner who debuted same year has so high digital sales and are known more I guess (?)... but they sell albums pretty well, I don't know why K-public doesn't like their songs or they are not appealing to them?? what's the reason how do you think? cause looking at their album sales they must have pretty big fandom
    JYP should give them songs like if you do, I think it is their best song

2. vBTSv

vBTSv Super Rookie

Currency:
    who cares everyone knows most money come from concert tour and they make a lot off that so its ok just enjoy the music

3. Cielistium

Cielistium Super Rookie

Currency:
    Idk truly? I am not ahgase, but I know them since like 3-4 years ago and the boys are genuinenly good people and improve a lot, also their mindset is so so different. Their songs are BOPS in general ( haven't kept up with them) and GOT7 are known in Korea and all over Asia, but their tours are more successful than thier digital sales - always.
    [​IMG]

But they do pretty good in general album sales!

thebcarat, ninesoshi and Gyeomie_Bear like this.
  4. jasmine_s

jasmine_s Public Figure

Currency:
    A lot of songs I like also have bad digitals. Doesnt mean its not a good song.

5. annoyed

annoyed Idol

Currency:
    They really don't have many good singles and Jackson and Mark feels out of place whenever they rap in their songs. Idk what JYP is hearing in their music compared to what he hears in his ggs' music bc his ggs always has hits while his 3rd gen bgs always have underperforming songs

Banana_Nana likes this.
  6. minwoobubs

minwoobubs Super Rookie

Currency:
    not many boy groups are doing good in digital there’s only a few that always do well like bts exo w1 btob highlight bigbang. and then theres groups like seventeen and nuest that always top the charts at the beginning thanks to their fandom but fall of pretty quickly after a month or two.

since it’s hard for boy groups to gain general public attention they need to have big korean fandom to help them top the charts which unfortunately a lose cause for groups that have big international fandom like got7, monsta x and nct. i think you need to have kr fandom atleast the same size like svt’s or nuest’s to help you in digital.

Korainism, Gyeomie_Bear and MBBM like this.
  7. SooYoung

SooYoung GG Trash

Currency:
    ☼ Be a slave for Sooyoung, Kun and Hayoung ☼
    ☼ In the dungeon throwing a party with SMNGG ☼
    Because got7 is not enough popular

8. MBBM

MBBM Rookie

Currency:
    They don’t have a big Korean fandom, so it’s true. A large proportion of physical sales originate from China and Thailand, they lack the power neither in Korea nor in Japan, and this worries me because in the long run this is bad.

Haolat likes this.
  9. NorthernAurora

NorthernAurora Public Figure

Currency:
    They're bigger among international fans

10. Icaro_Ribeiro

Currency:
    Web Developer
    I really dont understand either

Even if they have bad title tracks, they still having good ones

Their fandom is enough to push them to top 20, so it's not like them were a complete unknown nugu, their songs have like 300-400k ULs kn Genie, which is good looks like people are checking out their releases

Korea just see Got7 and ignore them, no matter what kind of song they release. Really weird

#10 Icaro_Ribeiro, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    Gyeomie_Bear likes this.
  11. deza7744

deza7744 Rookie

Currency:
    They don't have as big of a korean fandom so less streaming. Seems like Korea ignores them, watched a couple of random play dances and when GOT7 comes on, there's just less people in general.

Dianafee likes this.
  12. zero_red

zero_red Trainee

Currency:
    A lot of their title tracks are songs that the Korean public dont like, it's too loud and bass heavy

13. MC_Kpop

MC_Kpop Rookie

Currency:
    Most boy groups don't do well in digital though............SK gp see kpop a teens thing.
    And if you think in this way, most male gp won't preferred to listen to a bg songs. (beside couple gp friendly groups) Not like female don't mind to listen to gg's song.
    So the gp population almost cut into half for bg, it harder for them to do well in digital compare to gg.
    But Got7 is doing pretty decent in physical sales and touring.

Queeeenie likes this.
  14. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Leader

Currency:
    YG artists always have good digitals. Outside of that company most boy groups don't do that well digitally.

Banana_Nana likes this.
  15. 4Mahala

4Mahala Trainee

Currency:
    Being a potato
    I think it’s partially their songs, they aren’t really catchy or attention-grabbing. I think Hard Carry did somewhat decently in terms of people knowing the songs. every time they go on a show that song is always used as BGM.

Their songs definitely aren’t that bad, but they aren’t attention-grabbing enough for the GP to take interest. Most of Got7’s recognition among non-fans is for their personalities not their music.

Their title tracks are very standard boy-group-esque, aimed towards a specific demographic and a bit simple. In the ocean of boy-groups they kind of fade away.

But either way, the only boy-groups with consistently good digital are BTS, EXO and YG boy groups. I don’t think the particular issue is with GOT7 themselves, but rather the fact that there is a general lack of interest in the majority of boy groups outside of their fandoms.

(I’m not trying to shade Got7 this is just my observation.)

Korainism and Gyeomie_Bear like this.
  16. jasmine_s

jasmine_s Public Figure

Currency:
    To add. JYP’s goals are never digitals anyway (his words). They actually go for tours and physicals. Stray Kidz is climbing slowly but they are generating more fans. Got7 too is also climbing up and doesnt drop. 2pm wasnt active until their 6nights concert which was filled with their loyal fans, all 6 nights. This is to say JYP’s bg has loyal fans to always keep them going. They are building up loyalty, not just general music listeners. And they are also doing it for Twice and after this Itzy.

Gyeomie_Bear and jimeous like this.
  17. Znewie71

Znewie71 Idol

Currency:
    I dont know why, but overall they be pulling in that money either way.

Gyeomie_Bear likes this.
  18. blackbeard

blackbeard Public Figure

Currency:
    casual cult member
    They dont have a member that draws in casual music listening people. Also, probably dont have that kind of music as well...

Physical sales reflect fandoms in a way. Digital sales reflect the more casual listeners I think. Thats why IU and Bol4 have crazy digitals.

Gyeomie_Bear likes this.