Why Does Everyone Hate BTS?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by emanresu, May 22, 2017.

1. Mehrvigne

Mehrvigne Super Rookie

Currency:
    My goodness, a lot of people replied so far. I've gotten through half of them so if I repeat any of them, I'm sorry.

In all honesty, I didn't like BTS at first. I liked one, maybe two songs, but their sound just wasn't... catchy. I was too used to the "standard" Kpop sound and Girl Groups at the time (exceptions are Psy and Big Bang.) They didn't sound "exotic" enough and sounded like they were just copying western sounds. I didn't hate them for it. It just wasn't appealing. Obviously, after delving into their lyrics, writing talent and their personalities they provide us + their variety sense to be good entertainers all around, my opinion was changed.

When a group seems to do well, it makes others seem a bit bitter. I'm not a Once, but I felt really bad for TWICE when people tried to start fan wars all because their video was getting more views.

I like BTS. I love them. They are my favorite group. But if I look at it from an outsider's perspective, I can see why people would not like them. If BTS isn't your favorite group, why would you want so much news about them crammed down your throat? They're everywhere! I like to read about it, but I wonder about those who don't. It must be annoying them so badly. :(

2. iislana

iislana Super Rookie

Currency:
    Because their music is garbage, they have terrible attitudes, and their fans are crazy. That is a coherent and polite as I can put it.

Annggeell, gdhimu and allkpopellie like this.
  3. ryan23

ryan23 Rookie

Currency:
    i personally dont hate BTS, like the intro/beginning of Fire is hype af, but there fans... they are just too much for me lol

4. allkpopellie

allkpopellie Newbie

Currency:
    Girl, like u, people read the comment section of their biased groups and share opinions and have nice discussions until a few armys pop up and write shits on the wonderful kpop groups people are praising or criticizing, of course people are gone be offended, is there no BTS mvs on YT, do the Army fandom crave for attention? Don't worry the people who talk back, or get back to those haters most likely stand their ground in real life and don't take shit from the Army fandom. Instead of criticizing people who complain about those comments, educate your fandom, and there are good and educated armys who jump in, but gosh there are more immature ones lol. Now I feel bad for good Armys and BTS lol.

_Dalnim, Annggeell and gdhimu like this.
  5. Exo_bunnie

Exo_bunnie Super Rookie

Currency:
    I don't hate BTS. I just don't stan them. I like Blood, Sweat and Tears, Spring Day and Not Today. And I can't stand their fandom. So I stay away.

Annggeell and allkpopellie like this.
  6. GloomyEyes

GloomyEyes Newbie

Currency:
    Because we are fucking tired of seeing them EVERYWHERE, like, I even learned their names, and I'm not a fan. But yeah, the problem is the fandom, not them.

7. allkpopellie

allkpopellie Newbie

Currency:
    Nobody is bitter about BTS success, playing victim is annoying as hell, they come from a small company, sniff sniff, because they are successful, everyone hates on them, this is jealousy. Are we supposed to get teary and grab some tissue? Trust me people are trying to enjoy music and kpop, they could care less about those fanwars if they weren't initiated by some lost Armys, that's why there are multi-fandom people. It doesn't annoy me that there are news about them, I can choose to read them or not anyway, not a problem. But I'm not surprised that BTS is getting hate from the Billboard thing, people don't really like the attitude of the fandom, acting like Billboard owns BTS an award, like North America has to recognize BTS because they twitted 1000 times BTS, it's really like dealing with kids who keep asking for the same thing over and over again and you give it to them because you are exhausted and you have come to hate them lol. My words might sound harsh, but I'm really not upset about BTS and the Armys but I can really see where this is coming from. Also, with the billboard thing, racism too, what do you expect from the US? Trump doesn't apologize, so nobody is gone apologized or they are gone fake it and laughed it out. BTS did not achieve anything coming to that Billboard BS, all they got are fake smiles and fake congratulations, that's what America does the best lol. I feel like they were the laughing stock of the show, I'm so sad and upset just thinking about it!

#107 allkpopellie, May 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
    Annggeell likes this.
  8. takit

takit Trendsetter

Currency:
    Researcher
    Well, I kinda liked them. The week I decided to stop listening and watching KPOP is the week they debut back in 2013, little boys with tiny bodies gyrating all over to I think the song was "No more Dreams" they sounded okay, but the same old same old. I lost track but time to time followed up on the forum. I was pleasantly pleased and surprised that they received to Social Media Award from BBMA. Maybe just utter jealousy!

9. Miawruu

Miawruu Super Rookie

Currency:
    See.. When i try to explain the majority army have do their best to make a good things, but u also looks down our efforts "opinion doesnt change easily with oñe campaign". I just take one example to make it short, that why i said "for a simple examples". Of course we do this not just one campaign. There is more. But i just states some examples that i think can be a simple n short examples. Even this is a simpe examples but can u at least respect our effort instead looks down n still blaming??

That why I said, some people tend to see from bad light than positive light. That make them easily triggered for simple things. It supposed not be a big problems but make it as if an important problems. And the good people from the fandoms didnt see this as a problematic things, even they welcomed n said thanks for the support from the other fandoms. But the salty one who sees everything in bad light even for something trivial or good will make this as if as a problems n annoyed.

If I asked u, i am sure a good people from ur fandom also do the same things to promote their fandom's name to support other idols. Since for u this is an annoying things, will u stop them to do that 'annoying support'. If u tell them to stop, did it guarantee they will stop it n not do the same things again since they feel they doing a good things, and not to bashing or said something bad, but why you upset n annoyed with that??

Even I also never do that things (Army here to support this n that) since i also dont like to do it, but i didnt have any problems with Other fandom to do that since they came to support. Not talking bad or other problematic things, why i must feel upset n annoyed with people who came with goodwill??

Sometimes, is not the immature n bad one who cause the drama. But also people who easily annoyed for something trivial even something good, but because the cannot looks it in positive lights instead something negative, annoying, etc that can caused unnecessary drama. Just stop being over sensitive n try to see a good things from positive light n respect someone goodwill n efforts. So u cannot easily feels annoyed for trivial things n see it as a problems.

Khushi99 and Driverscissors like this.
  10. kai_is_love

kai_is_love Newbie

Currency:
    People hate on Armys because we consider BTS as kings and we really think highly of them and we are not afraid to express it. We normally trigger older fandoms cause they think we are cocky. The thing is, if other fandom thinks that their idols are kings I will never hold it against them because that is their opinion. Armys love to spam as well. This is really bad and I think this is something that we need to work on. The reason behind this though is because Armys are really passionate about promoting BTS ever since debut because of the "underdog" label that is attached to them. People even jokingly say that Armys are better promoters than Bighit.

11. Yabie

Yabie Star

Currency:
    educate a fandom? haha . you think its easy to educate 4million people?
    seriously do you live in a bubble?

12. suju_infires

suju_infires Newbie

Currency:
    i don't know about army.. all i know is that bts is a bunch of hardworking-talented kids..and they does not deserve that much hate.

13. veilless

veilless Trainee

Currency:
    College Student
    dude, this thread was so ridiculously shallow, it's like people had never encountered big fandoms before in their entire lives i swear. "they are everywhere/so many articles about them" or "they have crazy fans" and such... man, that's what happens when you gather a big/passionate following, you'll always have immature ones in the millions, but i love how it's like a fandom trend now to only notice that when it comes to armys only. like other fandoms don't have immature or downright nasty people in their picture perfect hives. you don't have to step far to know i'm not wrong, go to any bts article comment section here, or just look at recent events, they were telling enough of how nice and not crazy a few others can be.

it's so in now to talk shit of this one particular fandom, but no one's talking about the disgusting behaviour some parts of other fandoms have showed and keep showing still just in this month only, seriously, you could go backwards in time and look for more examples but why would you when true colours shone through wonderfully during the bbmas period? it was a true receipt of just how hateful and bandwagoning some people could be when it comes to bts, when ever since the nomination armys had to face shit like:

• people discrediting the bbmas' staff members, insinuating that they were incompetent just because they nominated bts
    • essentially discrediting all of bts' achievements on the billboards200 and social50 charts
    • saying they'd have no chance against JB so why bother, basically trying to shot down armys happiness and hype from the get go
    • then when the voting started off well for them people started to say that they'd be taken over soon enough, again, trying to put them down
    • then when nothing budged for days people started to openly pledge their alliances to beliebers, not even masking that it's only because they just don't want bts to be the winner
    • then when bts got invited thanks to their fandom's hard work they started to ridicule them and saying how they'd be just humilated and why fly all the way just for that
    • then when it was pretty legit that the award could actually be theirs people started to attack the award and the award show itself saying stupid shit like "it's just a top social award" and downplaying it like it was just a poll on some nugu event, even going as far as saying that the billboards wasn't even something that mattered and was irrelevant.
      the billboards. for kpop. irrelevant.
    bts won a big global award surrounded by their fandom's unyielding support and love, broke walls for the very genre everyone here swears to stan and love, and yet even after that people tried to bend their backs to reach for everything that could downplay it. i tried to congratulate my fandom under related articles and i had to deal with others trying to tell me why it was irrelevant in at least 5 different desparate ways. and this was just one very recent event, wasn't even the first. i'm curious how other fans would react if it were their favs and them who'd have had to stomach uncalled for negativity so often. and bts has been constantly shot down since they really started to hit their success. this is not an isolated case.

look, i'm not saying armys are angels and it's always them who are the victims of others, because that's not true, not plausible, never will be plausible onto any fandom, least of all that gets big, but nothing is as one-sided as recent fandom mentality seems to think. every big fandom has the trolls, the braggers, the 'KINGS OF KPOP' commenters, even the nasty ones who need their mommy's education before they should be allowed to speak on the web. but don't generalize like that!

i hope anyone who reads this notices that i deliberately put "a few people/parts of" other fandoms, because that's how it should be, you
    shouldn't generalize a whole fandom on some uncontrolled individuals that pop up here and there, and while i keep being super disappointed in those people who keep souring my fun places (trust me, i'm the first one who gets disappointed in those who act like shit in my own fandom too), but i still don't box in their whole fandom for that. i still have tons of other fans as my friends from those fandoms, i still listen to those groups and act like a decent human being under their contents. this bandwagon hate mentality against whole fandoms is so fucking toxic and i hope it stops with those people who support it by growing tf up.

#113 veilless, May 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
  14. allkpopellie

allkpopellie Newbie

Currency:
    Sweatheart, I don't live in a bubble, instead of blaming others for hating and for being offended by the actions of your fellow armys, make a difference by educating your peers, if you can't, don't laugh at others for doing so since you didn't even bother or didn't want to be part of the Armys who want to make a change in the fandom. No everyone has the guts, and you might be part of the people who believe they can't make a change, it's ok, not a big deal, leave it to people who have the positiveness and the grit.

One person can make a difference, and everyone should try.”

chenyue10 and Annggeell like this.
  15. Annggeell

Annggeell Newbie

Currency:
    That thread is a mess, not worth reading.

16. michikochan

michikochan Trainee

Currency:
    your local bum
    Ive never really noticed any hate towards bts until the bbmas tbh..maybe its because i have been under a rock the whole time or something. I know some of the major armys are kinda crazy but i dont see how that could be a reason to hate bts tbh

17. navi_x_loki

navi_x_loki Newbie

Currency:
    Because army are fucking bullies

18. Yabie

Yabie Star

Currency:
    kpop community in general is quite annoying. it has shittons of trolls and drama seekers lol
    yeah if it would only worked that way. its basically impossible to organize events during the voting shows, yet alone educate 4million people approx.
    i can screenshot and post it to you all the posts about army fanbases that encourage nice behaviour,non spamming and other stuff if you really want to. i dont think its fair to accuse someone without knowing the whole story
    you really think that people listen?
    nope they dont lol

but go ahead. go make great things. you will see how people will shit in your face.
    i admire your attitude and i like the way you think, but the world and people has proven me differently.

#118 Yabie, May 23, 2017
  19. allkpopellie

allkpopellie Newbie

Currency:
    lol, did I tell u to educate 4 millions of people? Did I say I never got shit from people? You made it sound so dramatic, and when did I call ur fandom shit? I said some Armys write shits, get out of pity land. Your attitude is the reason why people dislike BTS and their Army fandom, exactly, why is it so hard to have a discussion with u without you being offending and acting like a victim or a loser or a drama queen? or wanting to prove me something? What's wrong with you? Read it again there are Armys who are trying, I don't need screenshots to show me that, this is quite dumb lol ... you don't have to prove me that Armys are trying, I know it. Don't work too hard, you are not paid enough for it. I'm done with this thread and with you, I'm going to better comment sections with VIPs, SONE, EXO-L, BUDDY, those are fandoms who taught me a lot about kpop and always respected my thoughts and kindly redirected me when I was ignorant and am ignorant. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few trolls there. I don't stan SNSD but I'm a fan of their fandom. I'm gone stay away from BTS and Armys, I'm learning nothing. No thank u.

#119 allkpopellie, May 23, 2017
  20. Cindyjewel

Cindyjewel Rookie

Currency:
    sorry, which group do you Stan?