Why Does Everyone Hate BTS?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by emanresu, May 22, 2017.

1. Komori

Komori Newbie

Currency:
    This thread is so amusing.

It's cool that no one really hates bts but kinda sad that the fandom keeps other people from enjoying the group.

It kinda comes down to numbers, a lot of army are saying that other fandoms have the same behaviour as them, but since their fandom is so big then is the most noticeable, and when you se this actions repeated everywhere it can get really annoying.
    personally I find the fandom off-putting and that killed whatever curiosity I could have in the group before I had any.

That "if i dont find it problematic then neither should you" mentallity tho, niiiice.

yooonoon likes this.
  2. chenyue10

chenyue10 Trainee

Currency:
    Maybe those nice majority armys should be more vocal against those apples. Because if they aren't going to be vocal, you can not blame people for focusing on those vocal ones. The bad fans really turns people off to the point fans of other groups doesn't even want to look at anything of BTS. If they avoid anything of BTS how are they going to know if majority of armys are nice. Their lasting impression are always going to those bad fans. I don't hate BTS, I was actually trying to get into them back in the I need you and Run era but then everytime I come to the forums, there is always armys saying how BTS will replace EXO and Bigbang. As a fan of EXO already, that really turns me off from BTS and makes me feel uncomfortable to watch them.

It was same as Twice. I was going to give them a chance back when they are going debut since I really liked Miss A. But Onces keep saying that they are going to replace SNSD. As a major sone, its really uncomfortable to me when they say so and so are going to replace SNSD. I still don't watch twice because their fans are still speaking about replacing SNSD. It makes me feel like I am betraying SNSD if I do watch them.

I don't really hate BTS and Twice as a group but watching them just makes me feel uncomfortable. I don't understand why one group have to replace another. Why can't a group make their own title and just be themselves. Why can't EXO and BTS have the same spot in kpop? Why Twice can't make their own title instead taking SNSD's?

3. byun_je_ri

byun_je_ri Super Rookie

Currency:
    Full time Avenger and #girlgroupprotection squad
    meh. They're music isn't my thing. But no hate lol.

allkpopellie and gdhimu like this.
  4. LYGB

LYGB Trainee

Currency:
    TBH there are a lot of ARMY that speak out against the bad ones but sometimes people like to focus on the negative instead of the positive.
    :whatr:

5. Miawruu

Miawruu Super Rookie

Currency:
    Ur reason "just try the majority to stop the bad one who just minority". Have u saw any fandoms can make the immature one to shut up?? If they can, since long time ago kpop fandom didnt have any fanwar. No fandom can controlling their bad apples. Even they will end up battle between them but in the results the bad one will keep vocal everywhere even the others already try to stop them.

This not apply to fandom. But also in society even in family. As we can see in reality when some family have one or two their bad apples on their family, but most of family failed to stop their bad apples even they fought each others. If just in little family we can found that problems, what do u expect to controls a hundreds of them in cyber world?? Just like in bigger society who have more good people n have minority bad apples, but th emajority failed to stop n control their bad apples to do something bad.

It same thing when some of minority american or korean or any countries have racist people, but can the majority stop the minority to not do racist n hate comments n make them to shut up even they warn n try to stop the racist one?? Nope... The bad one will do whatever they wanna gonna do. The only one who can stop them only their ownself or law.

And each countries sure do have those bad apples n good apples n the good apples is majority but they cannot control or make shut up their bad minority. So that's we have in every fandoms. Fandoms is a mirror for a mini society. So hope this can make u understand n not blame the majority why they cannot control their minority. Just like a majority society also cannot control n make the bad people in their society to stop do something bad. Even in small family cannot stop n control all of their family members especially the bad one to not do something bad even their majority members of family already try to stop the bad member n make them behave.

#85 Miawruu, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
    BiancaMcGraw and Driverscissors like this.
  6. DuckieDear

DuckieDear Newbie

Currency:
    People don't really hate BTS. They have almost undeniably good stages, from an artistic perspective. (Of course it's still subjective) They dont get proportionally more hate than most other groups; they're just bigger, so you see it more. (And their fandom gets a lot of hate, since theres a disproportional amount of crazies. Hopefully still the loud minority though.) But if the fandom exaggerates the amount of hate they get, it makes them feel more important. They want to feel like they're fighting some big evil, and like it's them vs. the world.

7. Selbri

Selbri Rookie

Currency:
    crying over comebacks
    ARMY here, I do agree with the other's opinions of the vocal part of the fandom. Yes, there are immature ARMYs and just like with every fandom, you are going to have the annoying and childish fans. Do I think it's a valid reason to dislike BTS? No. However, if ARMY is truly annoying you (e.g. spamming, insulting others), I think that you should dislike the ARMY responsible, and not BTS.

What is also somewhat hilarious is the fact that childish fans of other fandoms are stooping down to the bad ARMYs' level by insulting BTS/ARMY. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean that it will make you look any better than them when you start badmouthing them.

8. chenyue10

chenyue10 Trainee

Currency:
    Not saying trying to stop the bad apples but more like be as vocal as them and show people that army are a nice fandom. Trying to change people's opinion on army not by telling them that majority of army aren't that bad but by showing people. If good armys can out vocal the bad ones, people's can actually change their opinions of the fandoms.

yooonoon and allkpopellie like this.
  9. katahtattat

Currency:
    on this forum i don't see bts getting much hate

VIPFFORLIFe101, Haeryn and gdhimu like this.
  10. Miawruu

Miawruu Super Rookie

Currency:
    We already do that dear,, for simple example u can see in allkpop article comments when some immature army or trolls who talk bad other artist, Army downvote them n tell them to shut up (but as usual, those immature n trolls still keep do that). And we make a global campaign "Army is face of bangtan" that why we scold up n warn the immature n trolls who cosplay as army who keep trashy. Even the mature army always get fought when they try to stop the immature one. And the mature one try to make good connection with other fandom with support their idols just like other mature fandom do to BTS (like "Army here to support (insert the name group" and the other mature fandom also do the same thing in BTS video "(insert fandom name) here to support BTS"). But their goodwill to try make good connection with this methods, sometimes get good response from other fandom with said thanks to their supports but sometimes get backlash n said their support is annoying because they said Army on their idol mv even it for a good support (they said Army name at there, to make that fandoms knows that Army also support their idol with hope they can have good relationship between the fandoms). But some people more like to see that goodwill as negativity n blame them.

There is more the good Army trying to make good culture n we are vocals about thàt. But people intend to igñores the good deeds. But when one or two bad Army do something bad, people make that as main topic n do witch hunt "looks this bad Army.. As expected from Army" bla bla bla... Even when some antis make false àccused to Army n BTS, people will make that become bigger issues n take that as 100% truth even without a proofs at all or trying or waiting the confirmation. Even there is already confirmation about the truth, people tend to ignores it n keep with their bad thoughts.

this is like recent case for hanyeung resign from her groups since March because of her health issues, but people accused Army who make that girl get kicked out because she badmouth about V in May. Army even not make that controversy become bigger n not attacked her with make a trend hastag to make her get kicked out or something (just like other fandom do if they had a problem with some idols they will make a trend hastag to blow up the controversy) but people who didnt know the truth, judge army immediately that Army who responsible that girl get kicked. And for other case like some rumour said Army sent death threat to kid group in china who copied NCT (even ARMY didnt have any problem with them), people bandwagon to cursed us without trying to get know what is truth (and there is no proofs about the death treat at all).

Everytime something bad happened that doing by some army or even it's just a false accused, people make it bigger as if there is million army who do that. Even for something that immature other fandom also do the same things, but Army who get hard backlash as if is only Army who doing it n other fandom didnt do the same things. And then labeled, "as expected from Army who have majority of bad apples". They are the one who close their eyes when mature Army do a good things n trying to make a good relationship with other, but more focused n blown up the bad ones as if they are the majority among millions Army.

#90 Miawruu, May 22, 2017
  11. emanresu

emanresu Icon

Currency:
    Why? It's a legitimate question.

12. emanresu

emanresu Icon

Currency:
    Thanks!

13. chenyue10

chenyue10 Trainee

Currency:
    I have seen some good armys on this forum but not much as the bad ones. I don't see that many on Youtube anyways. Opinions doesn't change that easily with just one campaign and some comments unless a more annoy fandom comes along. EXO fans used to be hated until armys come around. The thing is to keep trying, trolls will eventually find new target.

I never really like those comments of "(insert fandom name) here to support (insert the name group)." Its annoy no matter which fandom do it. I have never done it myself.

14. estheram

estheram Public Figure

Currency:
    1. Their fandom makes me want to stay away from them
    2. V

gdhimu and allkpopellie like this.
  15. allkpopellie

allkpopellie Newbie

Currency:
    Their fandom is annoying as hell, it's like dealing with kids who keep telling u to like BTS, and when u say u don't like BTS, they keep telling you you have to like BTS lol, and they bash on other groups, and they make it sound like BTS are the trend so u have to like them, they are the self-proclaimed biggest fandom lol, and the self-proclaimed most talented group, that's why they get that hate and they gonna keep getting that hate if they don't change their attitude, sad. I don't hate BTS, but I'm so annoyed by their fandom who trashes all the comment sections, that I stay away from them and I honestly don't like their music style. I have never seen such a trashy fandom (I know it's not all the fandom), and the good armys need to work on that. The best fandoms are the VIPS and SNSD's ones imo, very sweet and willing to teach u about kpop in general, and very open to critique :).

#95 allkpopellie, May 22, 2017
  16. allkpopellie

allkpopellie Newbie

Currency:
    But EXO-L were never as hated as Armys though, even a VIP told me, it went digusting when the Armys fandom happened, many other fandoms highly dislike Armys and for good reasons, not because bTS is so amazingly talented that people are jealous ;)

#96 allkpopellie, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
    gdhimu likes this.
  17. chenyue10

chenyue10 Trainee

Currency:
    I don't know much what happened either...

allkpopellie likes this.
  18. saltywitch

saltywitch Trainee

Currency:
    THIS.

19. BigBlueagain

BigBlueagain Super Rookie

Currency:
    I don't hate BTS.
    I just can't stand HARMY

allkpopellie likes this.
  20. yoonbread

yoonbread Public Figure

Currency:
    Their fans...

lol

I personally enjoy most BTS songs and occasionally watch their dance practices because they are great dancers.

VIPFFORLIFe101 likes this.