Why Does Everyone Hate BTS?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by emanresu, May 22, 2017.

1. bedshits

bedshits Rookie

Currency:
    I like BTS, i like their music and i stan seokjin and Jhope. The main reason why im not in the fandom is because of the crazy fans. There are so many bad apples in the fandom. Always comparing exo and bts and saying hurtful stuff and fighting. I've seen it go down on twitter hundreds of times, i've seen it on instagram too and it even happens here a lot of times.
    Whenever a hoe try to come for me its almost always someone from the bts fandom and a couple times from yg fans.
    I believe a lot of people feel the same way where they enjoy bts but cant stand the fandom.

VIPFFORLIFe101 likes this.
  2. gdhimu

gdhimu Public Figure

Currency:
    to those who quoted it's 3am for me. I am gonna state my reasons tomorrow. bye. good night
    sleepy now

yerewenseuljoy likes this.
  3. emanresu

emanresu Icon

Currency:
    Bedshits.

You have a very memorable name. It always sticks out when I see it.

Hey it's that bedshits person! Hey I've seen her screen name before lol!

Anyway, thought you should know your name sticks out.

:)

bedshits likes this.
  4. mam25

mam25 Trainee

Currency:
    The bigger the fandom the more immature assholes there are. I myself am guilty of judging and getting annoyed at ARMYs all the time. I used to refuse to be an ARMY even though I loved BTS. But I've become more open minded. Tbh, there's just quite a few ARMYs who are really disrespectful and ruin BTS for people.

5. MDP

MDP Newbie

Currency:
    Making Music
    I think it's some of the young immature ones who give the rest a bad rep

6. Flyingpetals

Flyingpetals Leader

Currency:
    Apple
    I can guess all the replies to that question:

"People dont hate the group per se, they hate the fans"
    "They are overrated when there are better groups IMH"
    "Their fanbase is annoying and rude and all other terrible words I can think of"
    "Their music is trash when I havent even heard most of their songs"

I was right wasn't I?
    [​IMG]

@emanresu10
    stick to threads about Kpop babes
    I noticed you havent made them in a while
    or perhaps I wasnt paying attention Lol

Driverscissors and Cindyjewel like this.
  7. rglover641

rglover641 Public Figure

Currency:
    I am really sorry you had to experience that. I know I'm only one person and I can't speak for everyone, but please somehow believe we are all not like that. ARMY I have met in person, some don't even post stuff online, or people I even talk to on forums stan other groups too. Please don't let those fakes ruin it for you. I despise them also because they create a bad name for the fandom. BTS has tons of fans, those people probably don't even measure to less than a quarter of the fandom. I know I can't change your mind, but we are not all like that.

Also one thing I would say about all the incidents that have happened on twitter and instagram. Please don't take this as me justifying immature ARMY. I am not. They are certainly better ways to go about things. I just have noticed things get complicated because it's always fandom vs fandom and I feel the problem stems from EVERYONE wants to defend their favs. So in turn, people who didn't even start the initial conflict, are just trying to defend their favs. And the result becomes no one is trying to find out who started the initial conflict in the first place and get on them. There are people who literally make fake accounts and say they are part of the fandom to stir up trouble. What do you do about that? How can you tell who is a true member of the fandom or just a troll?

Cause I will say the truth, I don't attack other groups because I love all different types of music. But there are times people of other fandoms have just attacked BTS. So in turn, people defend BTS and get hated on for defending them. And it's just a big mess...For example saying giving away freebie Daesangs....trying to vote for Justin Bieber just cause BTS was in the Top Social Artist category...still calling BTS a nugu group......Billboard is irrelevant......I mostly try to ignore it but it is also annoying to us and it hurts. So then there are ARMY who defend in the proper way and immature ones who attack other groups. And then immature people of those fandom attack back.....it's like when does it all just stop....It's just a vicious cycle....

#67 rglover641, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
    StrongPower_BTS and bedshits like this.
  8. cassexotic

cassexotic Rookie

Currency:
    Even if the fans did behave, I still think people would find some reason or other to hate on the group. I don't want to classify it as saltiness but rather, I feel like some of them see BTS as a threat to their groups. Till date, powerhouse groups like DBSK, Big Bang, Super Junior, SNSD, Wonder Girls, SHINee, and EXO have dominated the music scene. They come from the biggest companies and they are kind of like a manufactured formula for success (maybe not TVXQ or Big Bang since they were the reason for the success of the other groups).

But here we have a group from a small company nonetheless, and they have been going at it for awhile now competing with these names, head-on. They may not be so popular domestically, but internationally, they are growing in numbers everyday. Success in this industry doesn't last long, tho. So whenever BTS makes another achievement, they are compared to these groups and belittled. Its unfortunate, but there's always people who are ready to pick on their fans, their appearance, their vocal range, their music.. instead of looking at their effort. How many kpop groups produce their own music? Very few.

BTS is admirable because of the lengths they go to for their fans. Even when they're dead tired, they try and communicate with their fans. They don't promote their albums for very long so that they can hold fanmeets and go on tour. Even when they're on tour, they focus on their music. Its honestly so rare to find groups that actually have musical aspirations. There are groups whose members don't really have a definite career in the music industry, so they jump ship and become actors, instead.

Honestly, BTS are a multi-talented group of hardworking boys and I know people can see that, but it's just that it gets difficult to support a group thats competing with your bias group.

Cutie888, sequana, inverity and 4 others like this.
  9. emanresu

emanresu Icon

Currency:
    You don't want me in your area???

:(

You realize my post was basically pro-BTS right??? (You like BTS right?)

But yea I haven't made any "kpop babe" threads in awhile. I was waiting for school to finish for most. I want that traffic.

I'll be back with more soon!

Flyingpetals likes this.
  10. Miawruu

Miawruu Super Rookie

Currency:
    I just dont get it with people generalized with said majority Army is immature, annoying bla bla bla... When the facts the one who vocal to caused the bandwagon some scenes only a hundreds meanwhile Army is over than millions (just take a look when BTS do V Live everytime they comeback, there is more than 3 millions Army watched them live at the same time) so how come a hundreds become A MAJORITY than 3 millions. even a hundreds become more bigger than 3 millions??

Have u saw some hate/problematic tweet or comments get retweet or reply or get like over than 1 million?? If u ever see a problematic/hate tweets or comments get replied or likes over than 1 million, then u can say the majority Army is bad apple. But as u can see, the other big fandoms also make a hundreds retweets, comments or likes when they make bad/hate/problematic comments about other idols n other fandoms. So there is no different bad apple from other big fandom with bad apple from army, but people always over reacted with Army as if the hundred apples is A MAJORITY n ignored the millions Army who didnt make any troubles.

I can say, people who said "majority Army is bad apples" to hundreds immature army n ignored the millions mature army, or "i hate BTS because of army etc", is not different with the immature Army that also hate other idols because of their immature n annoying fandom n make generalizing for all fandom have majority bad apples. It's same just like they do. Or u also a bad apples from ur own fandom but u only can judge other fandom n forgot u also reacted just the same way like the immature Army.

11. Flyingpetals

Flyingpetals Leader

Currency:
    Apple
    I only want blackpink in my area :teeheek:
    huhuuhuhu

Nah I know you meant well

this thread topic just triggers me
    and not because it has been done so many times before
    but because the replies are always the same

I'll be awaiting your return then:loverr3:

emanresu likes this.
  12. sehunorchard

sehunorchard Newbie

Currency:
    I guess with fame comes dislike. Some people are either jealous that their own group doesn't get the same amount of attention or it is a hatred against one of the members.

Cindyjewel likes this.
  13. sehunorchard

sehunorchard Newbie

Currency:
    I kind of agree with this as they are changing themselves. Even with the quality of their debut, I prefer that over now.

14. bedshits

bedshits Rookie

Currency:
    Thank you, I appreciate your words you're a very reasonable person :)

rglover641 likes this.
  15. soshilovelife

Currency:
    As a group I like some of BTS songs but I don't see the need to passionately stan them. What I don't like issome of their fans. Some are pretty chill. Just like in any other fandom. But I'm out of the battles so I don't have all the details. BTS as a group is not the main reason why they are hated as everybody has stated here.

16. bedshits

bedshits Rookie

Currency:
    Oh lawd i hate my username, its the result of an immature joke LOL
    Nice to know it stands out though hahah! I appreciate that thanks :D

rglover641 likes this.
  17. rglover641

rglover641 Public Figure

Currency:
    <3 I just want to have peace between all the fandoms. It probably is an impossible goal but hey, I'll try and promote the good ARMY that are silent and out there. <3 Much love to you!!

IgotExosBangtan likes this.
  18. smhitzvictoria

smhitzvictoria Super Rookie

Currency:
    The title of this article disturbs me

19. IgotExosBangtan

Currency:
    Actually, when I got into kpop, I saw a video of BTS singing Big Bang songs. I wanted to get into them, but everyone kept saying they were untalented and their fans were annoying and immature. So i stayed away. somehow I watched dope and was hooked immediately. Form then on i started reading the comment section and the comments army's made were hilarious! Plus the usernames were priceless. I really didn't see where the annoyingness came from because all i saw were fans with a good sense of humo and energy like the boys they stanned. XD your post reminded me of that.

20. PopCandy

PopCandy Celebrity

Currency:
    this thread actually has some good answers on BTS hate that go beyond "ARMYs are annoying"​

Driverscissors and emanresu like this.