Why Does Everyone Hate BTS?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by emanresu, May 22, 2017.

1. emanresu

emanresu Icon

Currency:
    So awhile back I came out from under my rock and was bombarded with this new thing called BTS. Whatever could it be?

As some of you may know I don't really follow boy groups. At all. That male gendered side of kpop is an utter mystery to me. I don't know they aren't.... pretty enough for my tastes lol. Too male. Too deep of voices.

Anyhow, I decided to ask my dear forum members who the hell this new fangled BTS thing was that was lighting up the forum topics with such vigor.

Thus I had this thread Who/What Is BTS?

The kind people at AllKpop came and informed me that BTS was some kind of make-believe boy group or something of such nature. Perhaps a boy group that got attention for having feminine legs??? I don't know. The responses were many but I don't know that I got any real sense of what the hell BTS really was?

So now I hear this BTS thing won some Social Media award at the BBMAs. Such an event warrants me finding more about them. So here we are at this thread.

So then... my question.

Why do people hate BTS with such ferocity?

I'm legitimately curious. Have they committed some sort of sin? Killed kittens? Masturbated in public? Or some other such depravity? What is it that makes them hated with such intensity.

Because from my outsider's perspective, having really no immediate knowledge of the group, its members, or even its songs, it comes across to this outsider as a curious case of sour grapes.

Much like the case against TWICE, it seems it angers people that these boys are doing so damn well.

Granted as I have said, I have no real knowledge of them as a group, so perhaps there are legitimate reasons to despise them so. But again, it comes across as a bit of sour grapes.

So then kind forum members! Enlighten me! Why do you all hate BTS with such extreme feeling???

Tell me! I'm damn curious!

In any case. I wish the group the best of luck! Seems they've continued despite the backlash against them. They've persevered! Good for them!

NOTE: DON'T BASH. THIS ISN'T A HATE THREAD. GIVE ME COHERENT POLITE RESPONSES!

(MODS: I know there are other threads on BTS, but this one is unique! It's a legitimate outsider asking curious questions. Such isn't a bash session so DON'T MERGE/DELETE!

#1 emanresu, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
  2. EvilAppa

EvilAppa Rookie

Currency:
  3. Oh_Kill_Em

Oh_Kill_Em Icon

Currency:
    Basset hound cult leader
    It's mostly because of the fandom, we're not well liked. The behavior of the specific out of control ARMies is frustrating and for many Kpop fans their feeling towards a group can turn negative because of the fandom's image...even though it's not the entire fandom

There are other factors that play in it as well ofc.

#3 Oh_Kill_Em, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
  4. Lovely_Cornchips

Currency:
    Being really far up Chanyeol's Ass
    [​IMG]

5. arinsen

arinsen Super Rookie

Currency:
    I don't hate them at all-I am not an Army but I love some of their songs and I'm very happy that they won the Billboard award.
    I know that some people dislike their fandom but imo that's not a reason to hate the boys.
    The most popular groups are ALWAYS followed by the hate bandwagon and it is trendy to hop in. This should stop.

6. Abeamus

Abeamus Married to @Couponski

Currency:
    The fandom has a lot of immature kids in it.

7. EvilAppa

EvilAppa Rookie

Currency:
    you know you giggled... a little?... cmon, it was funny!

8. Cutie888

Cutie888 Married to :@ilovetzuyoda

Currency:
  9. G_Kkaebsong

G_Kkaebsong Super Rookie

Currency:
    Same as Twice cause they are popular as hell and because of the fandom I think, some Armys are legit crazy.

10. Myrhia

Myrhia Idol

Currency:
    Necromancing
    90% of this comment section will be like "It's bcoz of armys"
    But the truth is this comment section hasn't met 90% of the armys so....they just form their opinions based on the hype and vocal ones while there are many all over in the dungeons who are actually quiet but they are so quiet you never notice them ^-^ Only the immature vocal ones get attention and therefore this hate

Kqueen2015, teleri, JMSniper and 61 others like this.
  11. shubhajan

shubhajan Super Rookie

Currency:
    its the fandom, same with Twice

12. Revika

Revika Newbie

Currency:
    무당 (Korean shaman-priest)
    I don't really get it. I don't know if I'd consider myself Army, though I really enjoy their songs. And they're hilarious. And they just seem like good people all around. What's not to like?

teleri, taemilk, Zeroda and 18 others like this.
  13. Lovely_Cornchips

Currency:
    Being really far up Chanyeol's Ass
    No, I am disgusted.

14. freakyfantasy

freakyfantasy Celebrity

Currency:
    there's absolutely no legitimate reason why they should hate on BTS, thus the only viable answer remains: saltiness.

15. EvilAppa

EvilAppa Rookie

Currency:
    :eek::eek::eek::oops::oops::oops:

Golden_Wishes, Milk, Darkyoda and 2 others like this.
  16. Abeamus

Abeamus Married to @Couponski

Currency:
    I get where you are coming from and I would never shun away someone who is an Army or any other fandom that gets in this situation because that's silly but Strawberry Milk Crayon Pops sub unit, BTS liked the song so naturally Armys came and checked it out and literally the entire comment section of their song Ok was Armys and when people spoke about it they were generally rude and said that they were nobodies and we should thank them for giving them relevance. Another example would be in a kpop stream where it's a set playlist so you can't request army's are just spamming for BTS and when BTS come on and finish some even spam for more BTS, it's annoying and rude.

17. kashchanocchi

kashchanocchi Married to @jesusagrees

Currency:
    it's the loud, obnoxious, and messy stans that ruin their image
    not BTS themselves

obviously, the people in question aren't representative of the whole fandom BUT we have to admit that the amount of attention and mess they cause is quite problematic

18. Spinereader

Spinereader Leader

Currency:
    A little hate follows every group, and lots of hate follows every large group. And in this case it's completely unwarranted because they're very nice, talented, humble guys. Now the hate for the fandom IS warranted sometimes. They can be crazy, which is mostly because there are so many fans.

19. Haeryn

Haeryn Idol

Currency:
    I can't even tell if the post is serious or not considering the references and the fact that the post linked was hijacked by ARMY and turned into an inside joke of its own. :D But if you're serious about the question, there actually isn't that much negativity around the group itself in the forum at least. Most people I've seen dislike or are turned off by the fandom but not the group. Group =/= fandom. And I wouldn't compare the hate Twice is getting to the hate BTS receives honestly (not speaking about hate against fandoms obviously). But anyways, everything that is popular is also hated, that isn't new and it probably won't change especially seeing how competitive kpop is made as a system.

20. Oh_Kill_Em

Oh_Kill_Em Icon

Currency:
    Basset hound cult leader
    :rolleyes: