NEW FORUMS OPEN HERE

Why do you like your faves?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by T_O_M_O_M_I, Nov 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. T_O_M_O_M_I

T_O_M_O_M_I Leader

Currency:
    Taemin's arm tattoo
    It seems like a stupid question, but have you ever tried to ask yourself why you like your faves so much when there are so many idol groups in the Kpop industry? What makes them stands out?

-------------------------------------

My reply

I like SHINee because they are a smaller group where everybody is pretty unique on an artistic level. But when they come togheter, something great happens; their five colors unite togheter perfectly in their music and they become the SHINee that everyone in the industry learned to respect during all these years of activity.

Their stage presence is no joke, their concerts are entertaining, their voices are so diverse but they fit perfectly togheter when they harmonize, their discography is GOD tier and stands the test of time

they are perfect :omgr:

2. Lulu_Key

Lulu_Key Veteran

Currency:
    Astronaut
    no better way to put it
    5 people with really distinct artistic view and perspective but somehow they mange to work it and create even sth new together

3. kyutiemir22

kyutiemir22 WhatchuNeed

Currency:
    Ig cause opposites attract? but like 1 sided
    I'm very tomboyish and rv made their debut with happiness which was epitome cute and fun
    I legit stanned seulgi from the first time I saw her in like a 30 sec long clip of her singing and laughing
    they seemed down to earth and then the music just really sold it for me
    I enjoy a good 95% of their music

allcaps and T_O_M_O_M_I like this.
  4. i9son

i9son Trainee

Currency:
    Seulgi lovely doggy Personality and loves to eat but then on stage she is on Fire with her amazing dance skill a unbelievable voice and when you see her perform you know she was born to be an Idol.

T_O_M_O_M_I likes this.
  5. silver25

silver25 Hongjoong's wife

Currency:
    hongjoong's charisma and his looks and personality, and the fact that i fell in love with him

T_O_M_O_M_I likes this.
  6. kkomo

kkomo Super Rookie

Currency:
    Being Wheenie's fav neko~~
    They are just all rounders and bring their distinct artistic selves into their music and everything they do.

T_O_M_O_M_I likes this.
  7. LovenRose

LovenRose Rose

Currency:
    I.O.I - First kpop group I ever got into and instantly liked Chungha for her talent and charisma. All the members shined in their own right even tho there was eleven of them and they were such a relaxed and fun group. Talented to boost. However, if I'm being a 100% honest the circumstances probably played a big part in them becoming my ult group. There is no group I know better than ioi.

Big Bang - Stage presence, charisma, music, artistry.

iKon - Like a good mix between Big Bang and ioi. I get the stage presence, music involvement and good songs from Big Bang and the more casual vibe and unfiltered intimacy from ioi.

Seventeen - They're just really, really sweet. They comfort me and make me feel happy the same way hot chocolate, a cosy blanket or the first warm summer day does. They're also good looking... and talented.

Twice - Fun and easy to like. Like a more polished ioi but less interesting (sorry...)

T_O_M_O_M_I and AzuraLaz like this.
  8. AzuraLaz

AzuraLaz Say The Name SEVENTEEN

Currency:
    Carat
    It's start when I'm tired of my life and watching their videos just make me happy again. I can't stop crying when I'm start crying, but after stan them I just need to search their videos and watch them and laugh my ass off, they're so dumb and funny af.

My school is 13 KM away from my home, I need to take a bus and it takes 20-30 minutes to get there. So it's almost 1 hour everyday in bus and it's boring so I listen to their musics and just go with the flow. I feel like they're with me everyday and I love it. ❤️

They're the only one who can makes me feel all of that.

And for who is wondering who are my Faves, It's actually easy to know my Faves just look at my title and badges.
    :siptear:

9. JiminieKookie

JiminieKookie Professional ATEEZ and A.C.E stan

Currency:
    Park Junhee-stan| Stan A.C.E stan talent!
    most of the time it begins with the music. If I allready don't like the music I won't get into the group, not even care to listen to them anymore (except if I accidantly click on one of their songs in the future and could change my mind but that barly happens) and I also get easier into groups when even tho I like their music allready the members have something that can catch me, even if it's for dumb reasons like for example DRIPPIN -> I just begun to like them because I saw a video about Alex being German and my German ass was like "Was ein Ehrenmann Brudi!" and almost staned him imediatly :p

For some groups IDK how it even happend that I like them, but really it mostly begins with the music

T_O_M_O_M_I and shookytiny like this.
  10. shookytiny

shookytiny Newbie

Currency:
    Potato
    Personally, I like Ateez because, of course first their music attracted me since they have the type of music that I like (there is literally one for every mood lol) and their performance had me mesmorised. But right behind that would be because of their overall energy and personality as a group. There has never been a boring moment with Ateez and they have never failed to make me laugh. They are also very very close to the fandom. Of course, there are many other groups that are the same but it's mostly got to do with timing and sequence of events ig :3

T_O_M_O_M_I likes this.
  11. jinaland

jinaland Super Rookie

Currency:
    I stan Big Bang, BTS, ATEEZ and SKZ.
    So my common preference for boygroups:
    1. Strong rapline, also the rappers have to have different rapping styles
    2. More masculine and manly image than "flower boy" image
    3. Members having distinct vocal tones
    4. Having great western influence in their music, but not influenced by generic western pop songs
    5. Great stage presence
    6. Produces their own music
    7. Having so much passion in what they are doing.
    8. Having around 5 - 9 members is ideal for me.
    9. All the members have different vibes.
    10. All the members have different and unique visuals. The members of the groups I stan have easily distinguishable faces.
    11. Having all rounder members.
    12. Of course if I like most of their music.

cle19 likes this.
  12. thinkact

thinkact Trainee

Currency:
    I’ve said this many times before but I really like how NCT gives me the perks of smaller groups (sub-groups have about 5-9 members) dynamics where I can really get to know each member and it’s kinda cosier, performances are tighter and members get to shine more easily in both performances and other content.

But also the perks of bigger group dynamics where things can get hilariously chaotic fast. Plus, because many of them practically grew up together because they’ve been trainees since young, they’re comfortable enough to really let their crazy out.

Music-wise, because I’m a person who gets easily bored and thus have never seriously stanned a group for more than a few months before, their variety of music also keeps me entertained and interested. WayV, Dream and 127 have such different sounds. And it’s fun when they get mixed and matched into the various U concepts.

And in a very un-smlike way, maybe because they’re so experimental and fluid, sm seems to give them a bit more freedom to create content unlike their previous groups. So I enjoy their more “raw” performances when they sometimes drop videos of their own dj mixes, raps and songs and freestyle dances according to where their talents and interests lie. Oh, and of course, there’s the usual stellar combo of visuals and vocals.

#12 thinkact, Nov 18, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    T_O_M_O_M_I and AnyoneGotGum like this.
  13. chat-2

chat-2 Super Rookie

Currency:
    IU is the only kpop artist who has a song with the sound of the opening can :D

Isn't it enough to stan her :mad:?

Well, there are some other reasons:

- I like powerful women

- Her music is a pure gold, especially her b-sides

- She is really funny with her sarcastic and self-ironic humor

- I like the meaningful messages she provides through her songs

- She is an excellent actress

- She is beautiful

- She is an donation angel (she donated almost 2M$ for various causes)

- She is very loyal and close to her family-like team

14. moodygirl

moodygirl Trainee

Currency:
    To me, Joy encompasses everything I expect out of an idol.
    She is kindhearted, genuine, works insanely hard even though she's so good at what she does it appears effortless.

Not to mention she is beautiful, but that's not the most important when it comes to choosing a bias.
    Even the tone of her voice (speaking & singing) seems so ethereal and sweet. I just love her personality ♡

15. tomiee

tomiee brass shaker

Currency:
    drowning in the sewer
    theyr'e fun
    + their concept is really cool

16. nityasingh

nityasingh Super Rookie

Currency:
    Student
    crackheads culture is something I look for and good vocals. thats it.

AnyoneGotGum likes this.
  17. cle19

cle19 Super Rookie

Currency:
    that annoying stay :)
    I love their songs, they're extremely talented, unique, and have nice and likeable personalities.

18. soshilovelife

Currency:
    They changed the way I enjoyed music and made me dig deeper in a new form of entertainment by showing me it could be full of talent and good things.

T_O_M_O_M_I likes this.
  19. Hallybell

Hallybell Married to @misoni

Currency:
    For BTS it’s because of theirs amazing performances, the group chemistry and their discography. Mainly theirs songs. I consider their discography as my favorite among Kpop artists but not only, in general.

Red Velvet quirkiness made me stan them and theirs wonderful voices.

Apink unique flavour with their nostalgic and pure concept made me love them before anything else. It’s also the girls themselves.

20. Flowercrew

Flowercrew Trendsetter

Currency:
    BTS nanny
    I like their music