Why do people judge an artist's talents by their company

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Infire707, May 25, 2018.

1. somisoms

somisoms Newbie

Uhm I wouldnt say most but some yes. Ofcourse why wouldnt they when Big3 produces idols they are fond of. Most people choose big3 simply because its a safety net. It is not completely dependent on them to succeed since the company has money. It still doesnt make them better. like I said, they have been around much longer. Its like comparing a rookie group thats been out for a month to one thats been out for 5 years. Its not quite fair is it? You have to give smaller companies a chance to rise like bighit and Source did. My point was that just because you are in the Big3 doesnt mean you necessarily have more talent than someone who isnt and it doesnt mean that No big3=no talent like some knetz say.

2. somisoms

somisoms Newbie

That analogy doesnt really work you see as theres a such thing as "college diversity". Colleges want to keep their campus diverse so someone with the same extraciriculars and same Gpa could go up against eachother and the race that is not in abundance at the college will get acceptance. If you want to sure that analogy could work but the other way around meaning that you could very well be just as talented but the agency maybe looking for someone with a certain look, maybe who fits well in the group. Nice try though.

3. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Idol

There are good vocalists in other companies, I just don't think their songs have been of consistent quality so lots of people don't know them or don't care because their music doesn't showcase their ability properly or the group simply isn't promoted very well/doesn't have the most marketable concept.
    Since the big three are, well, the biggest three, they have the most artists so you could argue they have the most talent purely on a numbers basis. They definitely have more artists for us to judge them on.

The thing that the big three are usually very good at is knowing how to promote their members and make the most out of what they have to offer. They also have some good producers and writers working for their artists and lots of money to blow on music videos and outfits. Having those resources make a big difference.

But I don't automatically assume that artists signed to the big 3 are more skilled, I think that's stupid.
    I mean, Hyolyn can out sing everyone at JYP and yet she didn't make it in.

4. Infire707

Infire707 Married to: Surprise_bitch

CLC and WayV promoter
    damn this still alive