Why do people judge an artist's talents by their company

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Infire707, May 25, 2018.

1. Juliabuhuhu

Juliabuhuhu Married to @Minyoongimin

Currency:
    All my respect to btob but exo's vocal line is amazing. And even if you don't like exo's from sm it's still kry...sooo.

sonemariam likes this.
  2. somisoms

somisoms Newbie

Currency:
    Idk if you live in the US or not but an American audience usually goes for talent over "extraness" if you know what I mean. Idk what you mean by that because YG was trying to promote CL in America.I actually really like CL so her even having an American label and not doing anything with it yet worries me. The thing with collabs is, American artists actually have to know about the groups and wanna collab with them. Nicki/Justin/Ariana and CL are friendly with eachother but why havent they had a collab? All over twitter BTS is getting collab offers from American artists but I have yet to see one for YG. I honestly think if they keep producing the music they are producing (the cringey "finna" stuff) like people are gonna see it as cultural appropriation (though im not sure using slang would even be but you know the social justice warriors). But your right that YG doesn't promote their artists well.

Zehila likes this.
  3. somisoms

somisoms Newbie

Currency:
    I thought I was the only one who found it cringey. All I could think about was "everyday bro" by jake paul lmao

Zehila likes this.
  4. Zehila

Zehila Leader

Currency:
    Too cringey to be true, especially that « pizza,pasta.soso » i was like really Winner ?

somisoms likes this.
  5. somisoms

somisoms Newbie

Currency:
    I was rlly disappointed because Island and most of their other songs arent that cringey. Heres a link to your living hell lmao

6. Fantastic7

Fantastic7 Rookie

Currency:
    good question I never understood this either, I just thought int.kpop fans were fans of them because they were known for generating better mv's with more budget when I got into it
    but lol I never thought because youre big3 theyre superior in rap sm/jyp don't have strong rappers (sep maybe yg has some but like mmm...not everyone is)

somisoms and Infire707 like this.
  7. ZYC

ZYC Super Rookie

Currency:
    Student

I think there is smth wrong with CL label or smth bts we don't know bcuz her songs released always got delayed...maybe they receive the collab but YG artist don't want it...actually CL songs like lifted, I expert it to not be that good song to be blowing up

8. somisoms

somisoms Newbie

Currency:
    I'm sorry but I highly highly doubt shed deny a collab. A collab would get her started definitely and CL has said on interviews how shes very adamant on breaking into the US and plus shes collabed with Skrillex and Diplo (Very popular american artists who have collabed with Hayley williams, Justin beiber etc) but shes still not recognized in the US. This isnt me dragging CL because trust me I loved 2NE1 and CL solo too its just the truth. YG artists are very into American artists so they wouldnt deny a collab (even BP have named American artists they wanna collab with) and plus American artists usually publicly tweet who they wanna collab with like they are doing with BTS. Never saw one tweet mentioning a YG artist collab except with Skrillex or DIplo. Lifted never blew up in the US unfortunately though I wish it did. if you asked a passerby theyd know Nicki but they wouldnt know CL.... Lifted is definitely a bop though and I think people should give her a chance.

#88 somisoms, May 26, 2018
    Last edited: May 27, 2018
  9. somisoms

somisoms Newbie

Currency:
    Her American label def sucks but you need to remember its not like in Korea. American artists usually have to find their own manager and are more involved in the process so its more work on their part. There is no big company with all the assets you need to succeed. Its usually the artist that makes the company not the other way around in America. I dont know why they keep delaying the song though its pissing me off cause she did release a snippet of it on insta.

10. xiamarananjyp

xiamarananjyp Rookie

Currency:
    It is like attending university, when you get into Harvard, Oxford, Stanford, etc... that means your smart and more chances of getting employed right away.

That also goes for the BIG 3.

I hope my analogy helps.

sonemariam likes this.
  11. xiamarananjyp

xiamarananjyp Rookie

Currency:
    BIG 3 IS BIG 3 BECAUSE THEY SOLIDIFIED THE KPOP SCENE... Locally. They have produced lots of artists, not just one celebrity/group. They made H.O.T, S.E.S, g.o.d, BIGBANG, Rain and the rest are history.

EVEN, WORLDWIDE. Yes, before BTS... WG first attempted it, SNSD as well. PSY made it, same goes with BTS.

What's wrong with new gen fans, all they see is the present.
    You guys should look back and watch how KPOP started, so at least know why you are listening to the song you are stanning now... BIG3 paved way for that!

sonemariam likes this.
  12. sonemariam

sonemariam Star

Currency:
    Idol
    I agree.

13. elfinkyy

elfinkyy Rookie

Currency:
    Because some people can't seem to get it into their heads that an idol/idol group is a separate entity to a company - that being said groups do in a way represent the company (their values, standards etc) so I can understand why people would think that if you're from the Big 3 companies you're a good singer/dancer/rapper

14. WhiteWadeWilson

Currency:
    Hardworking Noodle
  15. Want_Some_Milk

Want_Some_Milk Super Rookie

Currency:
    It's the Brand value my noona.:dancer:

16. WhiteWadeWilson

Currency:
    Hardworking Noodle
    Here you go:
    1. myself included, who are not really into KPOP (casuals?) used to only know 3 companies: SM (Suju/SNSD/EXO), YG (2NE1/BIGBANG/BLACKPINK), JYP (2PM/TWICE), see even the big3 we don't really know other artists inside those big3, so how can we know other companies let alone the artists (of course, now there is BTS - BIGHIT)
    2. well once the fans take a like to KPOP, now they are going to be exposed by other groups like G-IDLE, CLC, BTOB (CUBE), etc etc, I follow KPOP before for about 3 years and just when G-IDLE debuted I know what's CUBE has to offer haha

17. POLO_COOL

POLO_COOL Super Rookie

Currency:
    How amateur can judge company, even in company must have many pro

18. pearltjoby

pearltjoby Newbie

Currency:
    there are exceptions for everything

19. pearltjoby

pearltjoby Newbie

Currency:
    everyone makes mistakes.most famous idols were in the big three at some point.like gdragon and jin.its just that they left.

20. aima_L

aima_L Public Figure

Currency:
    起承轉結
    Okay, then, apparantly Seventeen 'Ideal Cut' didn't sell out all three days completely and they didn't add a fourth date?
    BTS didn't top Billboard 200?
    Sunmi isn't a role model of TWICE?
    IU isn't like, the most famous soloist ever?
    (G)I-DLE isn't the second fastest group to win an award? 20 days after (yes ik CUBE is like, #4 or some shit but still) debut?
    MAMAMOO must be really underrated oof
    Oh, and, GFRIEND doesn't even exist ig lol
    Or PRISTIN (espcially nayoung)
    And should I mention that *starship* has some (and probably even beats out SM) of the best vocals in kpop history ever?

BTW JYPE only has rappers and dancers LOL
    No offense to other fellow ONCES, but Sana's, Tzuyu's, Nayeon's, and kinda Jeongyeon's vocals suck ass
    Sana mostly just lip-syncs because she sucks at lives (gj though for recently stopping lip-sync and actually trying to improve :))
    Tzuyu... there's a reason she's sub-vocals lol
    Nayeon may be main vocal and her voice is good, but it's too bleh for me and kinda grossly nasally and a bit too high-pitched
    Jeongyeon is an okay vocal. Could be better.
    MoMo also is a good vocal, only when JYP isn't make her sing too high for her vocal chords (hey JYP, she's an ALTO, making her sing soprano fucking will damage her vocal chords then she can't sing and y'all wonder how twice gets sick easily) LOA and Cheer Up were her best eras, when JYP wasn't fucking around with her voice
    Jihyo and Mina's vocals are on the level of goddesses, Jihyo is main vocal for a reason and Mina is sub-vocals for a dumb reason? Just cause she's jpn line doesn't mean she doesn't deserve to be main vocal god damn. Her voice is a blessing to my ears.
    I mean, MoMo's recent bad vocals are turned over by her amazing dance skills
    Nayeon and Sana and Tzuyu get redeemed by being good-looking ig

BUT Y'ALL HAVE TO ADMIT HYOLYN, SUNMI, IU, SEVENTEEN, ETC HAVE THE BEST VOCALS EVER

YOU SHOULD WATCH THE VIDEO ON MY SIGNATURE

AND LISTEN TO HABIT AND PINWHEEL BY SVT VOCAL TEAM
    LISTEN TO SOME SUNMI(SHE'S A GODDESS SHE CAN EVEN PUT EMOTION INTO HER SINGING WHICH IS HARD TO DO)
    IU
    ETC