Why do people hate BTS?

Discussion in 'Star Photos' started by Flyingpetals, Jan 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. aclane

aclane Newbie

Currency:

My goodness. I'd just like to say that while you may like to move on from this conversation, I would like to point out that a primary reason why BTS is loved so much despite their "mediocrity"
    "They dance well, just like any group before them, they sing well, just like any group before them, they perform well, just like any group before them, they make/compose their own music, just like any group before them. I'm sorry if it might be hard to understand but some people don't find them all that special. Some people may not like their music style and some people can't find anything that stands out in particular."
    Is that they are able to produce music that is relatable, have truly unique personalities, and are smart enough to market their talent in a more effective way. Other groups may have "equal talent" but BTS has exceptional lyrical content (most of the time), amazing fanservice, and strategy in promoting themselves, which is an admirable quality. In addition, no other group has made a cover of an American pop song accompanied by a black screen that has garnered more than three million views. Furthermore, I would like you to consider that there are an infinite number of factors that go into a group's success and pure talent isn't enough.

inverity and Alastrina like this.
  2. LegendaryTsunade

Currency:
    Stanning the same group forever
    6 pages though..............

3. Lost_in_Paradise

Lost_in_Paradise Super Rookie

Currency:
    Are you taking the piss or what? I wrote this like a few months ago. G.O.D had produced music that is or could be relatable, 'unique personalities' is subject to a person's belief to unique therefore this point in invalid. I don't even know why I'm still here.

My point was that some people don't find them special, like me, and that's it. Is it so hard to try and understand that? Nothing you will say will make me jump out of my bed on a bloody sunny morning and cry to the world that I've decided my favourite thing is BTS. So what exactly are you trying to do here? Just read the comments below and see if you have anything relevant to say.
    'I'm sorry if it might be hard to understand but some people don't find them all that special. Some people may not like their music style and some people can't find anything that stands out in particular.'
    Which means they couldn't give two shits about the American pop song cover or they don't find the lyrics outstanding or they don't bloody like their promotion methods.
    'I dislike the fandom and I don't find the group that unique or special. Personal preference. End of. The question was asked and I gave a valid answer.'

JunsuK likes this.
  4. cozychaelin

cozychaelin Public Figure

Currency:
    The answer is simple.
    A big part of the fandom is a cringy mess and many act like the whole world revolves around BTS.
    They make YouTube comment sections to cancer and bring them up everytime they just hear the word "K-Pop" while not even knowing 3 other groups...

Like I said, it's just a part of the fandom and this is also accurate to the most one-group-stans (not only Armys) but this is the main reason for many people.

I used to like them and for me "Save Me" is still one of the best boy group songs ever but I just don't like their newer stuff. I don't really care for the fandom but I also think they can be pretty annoying. Anyways I don't hate them, I just don't like them.

5. siriusp

siriusp Newbie

Currency:
    That's not true. I liked them because they actually looked like handsome men instead of pretty girls. When I first started paying attention to K pop I would just look at the videos and laugh because the males wore strange outfits, too much makeup, were stick thin, and wore Dorothy Hamill haircuts...(look her up). BTS and Big Bang were the first K pop groups I took seriously because they didn't look like a bunch of girly boys dancing around on stage and their music was more "western".

6. siriusp

siriusp Newbie

Currency:
    Wow! I didn't even see your post before mine and this is pretty much my reason for disliking a lot of k pop bands.

7. Amojin

Amojin Newbie

Currency:
    When I first got into BTS, I thought they are not a visual group but I watched their bangtan bombs, performances and other vids, they grew on me and everyone become so attractive.
    Bias = BTS
    Bias wrecker = BTS

8. Suga_Kookie_53

Currency:
    i was watching a BIG BANG MV in 2013 and then in recommend there were BTS videos so i clicked on it and then fell in love with the music.
    It has been 4 years and i have gotten to know them a bit better. I love how much effort they put into their work and how much they love each other, their families, & ARMYs.

9. hellotheremyu

hellotheremyu Newbie

Currency:
    Envy, annoying army, well, i think thats all..

I love bts, i captivated by their performance even before i can differentiate their face. I need a few days to tell who is who, but i already fall in love with their song ... I admit that their visual is pretty basic ,but who cares about it when they have a lot better other things they can offer.

10. KingKangDaniel

KingKangDaniel Trainee

Currency:
    I can only speak for myself but I dislike Bangtan because...

Reason #1: I don't like their music. I think their music is unimaginative. I'm not saying it doesn't sound good, sometimes it does, but that's not what matters. What matters is that their music is too derivative and too repetitive. They bite off of and regurgitate sounds from just about everywhere and rely heavily on cheap sonic tricks to Frankenstein themselves up some kind of tune. Now, yet again let me say I'm not saying that's wrong, or that such a songwriting method is not valid. I'm just saying I personally don't respect it. It also cheats them creatively because it means they don't really have an identity as a group.

There are many groups who write songs from the heart and they are timeless and touching. Like Winner for example. The songs they write matter. Go Up is a song that matters. There's something in it - something that is real, and raw and terribly important. The first time I heard Go up I cried. I felt like it hit me dead in my chest. Dope is not a song that matters. It didn't matter when they released it and it won't matter in the future. The same can be said for all their songs, even the ones ARMY's claim are so deep and affecting ring hollow for me. BTS haven't reached a level of creativity where they can touch anyone very deeply or write songs with a meaningful broad appeal. They can only say the same things to the same people in the same ways. I guess what I'm saying is they're juvenile as songwriters and creatively. Age is no excuse for that. People their same age write deep music every day, so why can't they?

Reason #2: I can't relate. This is probably an offshoot of Reason #1 but it's not about the depth of their music it's about their subject matter choice. Even when they try and manage to succeed to conjure up some type of lukewarm tepid feeling, it's not one I actually want to have. Their music doesn't give me the experiences I want, and it's never about anything I can deeply relate to. I don't have a mental illness. I don't feel sad. I'm not missing anyone. I don't feel like a disadvantaged underdog. All their topics are over my head. I was able to relate to Dope and Blood Sweat and Tears but only because neither had deep messages, which also means they contained nothing that would make me want to follow BTS. They were just something nice to listen to.

Reason #3: I don't like the members. They're not my type. I don't find them funny. I don't find them good looking. Not a single one of them. They don't have the facial features I like and they don't have the personality types that I like. They're goofy, they're awkward, they're shy, they're derpy, they're weird. They're all the things I don't like in a guy. I like men who are elegant-looking like Kai or really really pretty like Taeyong. Or like Kang Daniel has that sweet but slightly naughty thing going. His smile makes me die inside, it's so boyishly handsome and cute. Or someone princely like Minhyun. I like men who are confident and charming. But when I look at BTS.....*sigh* I don't find anything to admire. If we all attended the same college and I saw them every day I wouldn't feel any urge to befriend them. They would just be some boys that attend my university.

Reason #4: Overexposed. Overhyped. Overworshipped. Over defended. Over shoved down my throat. Overly brought into topics that don't relate to them. It has inspired hatred. Now they make me feel weary. When I see them I just feel weary. I honestly wish they'd never appear before me again. I once said I don't deserve to live on a planet with someone as great as Exo Kai, but what I also don't deserve is to have to suffer Bangtan Sonyeondan every day. Somehow I make it, with the help of other groups like Exo and NCT, but I really feel so afflicted most days. My suffering is acute at times because of ARMY's who can't just enjoy their stuff by themselves and allow me to just opt out of it. They shove themselves and their group and it's member on everyone 24/7 and then ask "Why do people hate us? Why do people hate BTS?" Well it's their own fault. It never had to be like this but now it is.

#110 KingKangDaniel, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    Lost_in_Paradise, JunsuK and Sylvfia like this.
  11. last2bfree

last2bfree Rookie

Currency:
    I suppose the more popular you get the more hate you receive?. In this case bts has an immense following and along those followers are haters. If i do recall one direction as their fame rose the people outside of their fandom decided not to take their music seriously and viewed directioners as childish, win some loose some i suppose.

09084633046 and loveis4evergone like this.
  12. loveis4evergone

loveis4evergone Super Rookie

Currency:
    Advocating For RM
    I suppose it depends on peoples perspectives, not everyone's is going to say the same thing or really the true anwser as to why. Just know with fame comes more fans and with more fans (unwanted ones as well) comes more drama and drama comes more distaste that hits back on the group despite the certain group being a good one.

13. last2bfree

last2bfree Rookie

Currency:
    same ^^^

clarissadx likes this.
  14. peach_tae

peach_tae Super Rookie

Currency:
    Because they are popular. End of story.

15. xokpoplovexo

xokpoplovexo Newbie

Currency:
    BTS is alright but their fandom is toxic and annoying.

JunsuK likes this.
  16. Jack_Pink

Jack_Pink Super Rookie

Currency:
    because of armys

but everyone already knew this

JunsuK likes this.
  17. NYHTJ3trash

NYHTJ3trash Super Rookie

Currency:
    Bed Bug
    Welcome to K-POP or welcome to showbiz.
    Is it only BTS? Nope.
    Celebrity life folks.
    Even the unknown gets hate, what more when the spotlight's on you?

HarryBJ likes this.
  18. crackquake

crackquake Public Figure

Currency:
    They're not my taste.

19. Ellian

Ellian Newbie

Currency:
  20. arafahaha

arafahaha Newbie

Currency:
    Never hate them or like them so i don't really update but sure they're hot esp jimin LMAOO
    It's just the fans annoy me the most.