Why do people hate BTS?

Discussion in 'Star Photos' started by Flyingpetals, Jan 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. thefabcat92

thefabcat92 Public Figure

Currency:
    are you sure it's BTS they are hating on? not their success?

2. Gigi

Gigi Icon

Currency:
    both

3. thefabcat92

thefabcat92 Public Figure

Currency:
    well, haters will always hate. they are on hormone rampage these days. everyone who caught their eyes will suffer

Gigi likes this.
  4. dollyuna

dollyuna Newbie

Currency:
    I don't like BTS, but i don't hate they or send hate. I think the ~swag~ style isn't too good, but BTS has talent and great dance skills. I think the biggest problem is some armies are very childish (not all), like, an army in my country made a fake Korean account and pretended to suicide.

But, taking the fact that some armys are like that, there is no reason to give hate in the BTS. Really, there is no reason.

5. Belgian_ELF

Belgian_ELF Elite

Currency:
    professional Taeyong worshipper
    In my case, I din't hate army's, but was scared of them because I thought that they don't like other fandoms. But thx to this forum I know they don't do that. I like BTS's music

Person24, Cinnyxx, Gigi and 1 other person like this.
  6. _Jarhon

_Jarhon Rookie

Currency:
    1) Retarded fans
    2).....

JunsuK and Whoooo like this.
  7. Flyingpetals

Flyingpetals Leader

Currency:
    Apple
    UHMMM what fandom DOES NOT make their bias group out to be a focal point of Kpop?
    You strongly believe that "Army's" are the only ones that act this way.
    The majority said "They hate them for their fans"
    With that mentality, "all groups should be hated for their fans"
    The moment a group gets an upper hand in something their fans sing them praises calling them "new legends"
    That's just what FANS do. They promote, they hype up their group, shove them in the face of others so that they can discover their bias group.
    All this "army this" "army that" bullsh*t is hypocritical
    Of course BTS has done for kpop
    Each and every popular kpop group spreads their influence resulting in kpop being more widely known
    I mean that's why they're called "trending groups"
    Furthermore,
    BTS has earned their hype
    And these other groups you speak of that are surely just as talented and unique and funny will earn theirs also
    Honestly these other talented groups are probably slept on and in order to get people to listen to them their fans must promote, hype up and shove them in the face of others as a fan
    Not criticize other fandoms for being "annoying" and "everywhere"

#67 Flyingpetals, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  8. KyuHyung19

KyuHyung19 Rookie

Currency:
    I'm BTS fans since they debuted and that time they have less fans. And suddenly I don't know how on earth they got so popular like this. tbh recently I'm not into BTS because they're so many rookies that is actually pretty good or probably I'm old already (sigh). I enjoy listening to their songs.

9. 2fat

2fat Trainee

Currency:
    It's their fans. They're everywhere on youtube especially. Their like kudzu.

Lindy003, JunsuK and Lost_in_Paradise like this.
  10. soshilovelife

Currency:
    I don't hate them, their music is good but it doesn't make me want to listen on replay or anything, to each their own...

Lost_in_Paradise likes this.
  11. Lost_in_Paradise

Lost_in_Paradise Super Rookie

Currency:
    In regards to your points which you have set out in what I would call, a strange way, to me they seem a result of some kind of temper you're having against me. I have made these assumptions based on the lack of real reference to my comment, of which it seems you haven't read at all. Firstly, I don't believe Armys are the only one who act that way, as I mentioned in the very first sentence, of which I will quote now. "People, especially Armys, make them out to be..." The use of the word especially is key, but you managed to overlook it for some reason unknown. Also there is no need to put Armys in quotations, your overuse of quotations is slightly worrying.
    Your second point which has been divided into two lines makes no sense. The mentality of people isn't solely dependent on their hate for certain fans. If we were to put forward your theory and disprove it, a perfect example would be someone saying "I don't like Armys because they are everywhere," and the same person saying "I like the surprise event that Buddys arranged for Gfriend, the majority of the fandom seems quiet and respectable."
    Once again, a statement not necessarily true. That's your definition of a fan, which can be different for each person. Some fans dislike the idea of, and I quote "shoving them in the face of others" because it can come across as arrogant. Promoting and hyping groups can be done under certain circumstances seemingly unbeknownst to Armys. Some fans will merely buy their favourite group's album and perhaps listen to their songs all day, of course, just because they don't promote them and hype them up, does not disclaim them as a fan.
    It is in fact, not hypocritical, because people have called Armys out specifically, on several occasions on being the fandom that stands out in terms of their excessive comments. There has been no other occasion in which a fandom stood out so strongly for being annoying, with the exception of ExoL's, and even now, in my point of view, they are not seen as annoying as they might have in the past because the majority of KPOP fans of every fandom are primarily focusing on Armys now due to their influx and consistent annoying fans.
    You took something I said out of context, that comment was made in regards to the fact Armys solely focused on what BTS has done for KPOP, my point there was that there were other groups that could be commended as well, and BTS pales in comparison.
    And I would not deny that, but you seemed to have enjoyed taking a lot out of my original comment, so I will emphasise on it,
    "They dance well, just like any group before them, they sing well, just like any group before them, they perform well, just like any group before them, they make/compose their own music, just like any group before them. I'm sorry if it might be hard to understand but some people don't find them all that special. Some people may not like their music style and some people can't find anything that stands out in particular."
    I don't care if they've earned it or not, that statement is also subject to one's opinion. I was saying that I don't get why.
    Oh some of us do enjoy spreading awareness about our groups but it's a tad difficult when all you see are Armys in the comments promoting an already famous group, and then the handful of fans who tried promoting are shoved down into the abyss of being unnoticed yet another time.
    I'll go ahead and quote myself once more, since the majority of what I have aforementioned seems to have been neglected.
    "People do have their own preferences which is why it's okay to hate BTS. Just like it's okay to hate mornings or hate snow or your least favourite teacher."
    "I gave you a reason why people might hate BTS and these are all the answers and backlash I expected, which is why I almost didn't bother answering at all. It's pathetic, take it with a pinch of salt and move on, don't try and spread awareness of your holy fandom whilst calling everyone else immature for making generalisations. It's the same thing every goddamn time, I'm sick and tired of hearing armys saying the same thing over and over again about how "We're not immature" or "We're subject to generalisations" as much as I'm sick and tired of seeing them in every youtube comment ever. The common behaviour of armys and same comments by armys were put in place by no one but armys themselves, hence the reason of generalisations, because they're so commonly seen. So, really, that's the fault of the fandom. I dislike the fandom and I don't find the group that unique or special. Personal preference. End of. The question was asked and I gave a valid answer."
    Read what I say next time and we wouldn't have this big of a problem.

#71 Lost_in_Paradise, Jan 19, 2017
    JunsuK likes this.
  12. Gigi

Gigi Icon

Currency:
    bruh.....

Selbri likes this.
  13. Multifandom_hoe

Currency:
    Army cult leader
    [​IMG]

14. kpopaye

kpopaye Worldwide Star

Currency:
    Girl Group Trash
  15. Gigi

Gigi Icon

Currency:
    lmao see what I mean?

kpopaye likes this.
  16. seungriseyo

Currency:
    because of armys

17. Flyingpetals

Flyingpetals Leader

Currency:
    Apple
    You write something this long and still expect me to read it
    That's also slightly worrying.
    Firstly, I am not a part of any fandom
    Secondly, my comment was directed at those who claim that armys are the only ones who act this way
    "The majority said 'They hate them for their fans'" - evidence of that. The word 'majority' is key here as im referring to those people who gave such responses to my question
    You were quoted because you seemed to have a similar view. This is based solely off of "people, especially Armys, make them out to be a focal point of K-pop, when in reality they're not that big of a deal."
    Not because I wanted to attack you personally but because it baffles me how fans determine everything in kpop. Their influence extends to whether or not their idols get to be in a relationship. That's insane. Fans also determine whether or not you like a group
    "The mentality of people isn't solely dependent on their hate for certain fans." - and though you see this differently, it does occur.

When it comes to what's really important, the music...
    I agree with the fact that personal preference is a major determinant of whether you follow a group or not. You dont find anything special about them, that's your opinion. But my question was "why do people hate bts" and the first thing you brought up was their fandom.

Edited to add: perhaps my skewed definition of a fan is because of the entire concept of a fandom in kpop.

#77 Flyingpetals, Jan 19, 2017
  18. Lost_in_Paradise

Lost_in_Paradise Super Rookie

Currency:
    Well yes, I expect you to read it because that's how conversations fucking work, feeling intimidated by the length is petty. The long reply was an outcome of the absence of understanding on your behalf.
    I don't care if you're part of a fandom or not. Your english grammar is appalling, I won't reply accordingly if you don't make any sense, and find your own phrases, copying mine seem pathetic.
    Yet I never insisted armys were the "only ones who act this way", and this is demonstrated on several occasions with the reply you didn't bother reading, containing the use of words like especially, a word in which I have now mentioned at least three times. It in fact, features in the quotation you picked out.
    Forgive me, but you seem to be contradicting yourself, so clarify your point in a comprehensible sentence structure.
    It cannot occur, the decision of hating a group can perhaps be solely dependent on their hate for the fans, however, in the case of mentality it is an entirely different subject.
    I provided several reasons as to why I dislike BTS, the only thing of which you seem to have taken out of it is the fandom part, which was my foremost argument, yet not my leading one. The first argument needn't be the focus of the entirety of the comment. Stop trying to find ways to undermine my argument, when it's clearly proving unsuccessful, as I have backed up my argument multiple times.

I never claimed your definition of a fan to be skewed, but merely subject to one's personal partake on the definition of the word.

JunsuK likes this.
  19. Flyingpetals

Flyingpetals Leader

Currency:
    Apple
    What got stuck up your ass and died? :eek:
    I expected you to be a bit more concise with your responses. Rather than intimidated I was too lazy to read it all and perhaps you're unaware but let me just say, criticizing my grammar is also very petty.
    Initially what I wrote was that people can hate a group solely because of their fans. I changed it to highlight your response and added "it does occur". T'was a thoughtless action of mine, I admit.

Anyway...
    Lets just end this
    I'd rather choose to spend my time doing something a lot more productive...

Edited to add:...as this conversation of ours is not going anywhere

20. ExoticQueen

ExoticQueen Leader

Currency:
    '94 Liner Sugar 노나
    Because envy?