Why do people always throw shade to twice?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Kpopaesthetic1, Mar 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Kpopaesthetic1

Currency:
    Kpop enthusiast♡´・ᴗ・`♡
    Seriously I don’t know what makes people hate twice so much. Twice never did anything. Did they do anything to you? What makes you hate twice so much for you to throw shade? Why are people always hating on twice? Why are people always making thread just to hate on twice?

2. jasmine_s

jasmine_s Public Figure

Currency:
    Lets be real. Every group got some shades.

3. SpicyRoll

SpicyRoll Leader

Currency:
    Every popular groups gets shade and hate. Twice are popular so they also have a lot of antis.

4. Kpopaesthetic1

Currency:
    Kpop enthusiast♡´・ᴗ・`♡
    Yeah I know but we are talking about twice here.

Whore_yeon, EazyC and jasque like this.
  5. Kpopaesthetic1

Currency:
    Kpop enthusiast♡´・ᴗ・`♡
    I’m talking about twice here. I know all groups or popular groups get hate but I’m talking about twice.

6. Yunnieex

Yunnieex Rookie

Currency:
    because some people have nothing better to do than shit on succesful people. Like you said, there's no reason to hate on them.

7. jasmine_s

jasmine_s Public Figure

Currency:
    It already explains why Twice gets shade. Like you can change it to any groups, I’d still say the same. Because problem is not on the group, its on the antis. Antis have the same type of pattern. They hate without much logical reason.

So under the problem of “why this and that group gets shade”, its fortunate that Twice is not a special case. Special cases is like what happened to T-Ara, 2ne1 etc. now on those groups you can ask why people hate them because circumstances made them to be hated. Twice as you said did nothing to the antis so well, f the antis, its their problem.

EazyC likes this.
  8. music838

music838 Rookie

Currency:
    I definitely think Twice gets a lot more hate, even comparatively to other equally popular groups. It is lesser now but during their peak it was ridiculous.

The reasons (from my observations) are:
    1 They are a girl group, so they must be less talented and more useless than boy groups. Haters pick on any and every flaw that they can find and relate it to them not working hard enough or call it “bitchy” behaviour (depending on what the flaw is).

2 Haters especially hate girl groups that accentuates girly-ness i.e. cute concepts because it doesn't need much “skill” to pull off. Just needs excessive aegyo and being feminine.

3 Haters think Twice has no talent and are only popular for their visuals. And that their success is because they are from JYP.

9. Kpopaesthetic1

Currency:
    Kpop enthusiast♡´・ᴗ・`♡
    I agree with you now.

EazyC and music838 like this.
  10. Man_Dao

Man_Dao Super Rookie

Currency:
    3D Artist
    Because most of ifans see cute concept as the easiest concept out there, with minimal talent, minimal skill , etc etc

and the fact that Twice hit big and do really well as the easiest concept girl group make it even unbearable for them to contain the hate to them self anymore

11. transparent

transparent Super Rookie

Currency:
    Its pretty peaceful compared to 2016-17 :)

12. YohY

YohY Rookie

Currency:
    mmmm
    It is sad, but that just how kpop world work. Shading, creating fanwar, etc will never stop from happening

SternRitter, EazyC and jasque like this.
  13. Zenning

Zenning Trendsetter

Currency:
    ? They do the same with BP, Red Velvet and some other groups?

The only difference is that at times BP'll get more shade and get bashed more, at other times TWICE, again other times RV, and so on.

Maybe it only looks like TWICE get more shade to Onces/JYP stans, because it always hurts more when your bias gets shaded, and that some stans will only recognize, acknowledge and remember it when their bias gets shaded, and not or less so when it happens to other groups.

Just look at the last few days here: both TWICE and BP got shaded a lot in the fanwarring between Onces/JYP stans and Blinks, yet hardly anyone wanted to acknowledge the shade the other group received and how they themselves or their fellow stans shaded the other group and trollbaited the other group's stans, and only wanted to acknowledge the 'offense' and 'indignity' that happened to their bias, being the poor, only group being shaded the past few days.

That already says enough.

JenJennie7, shunye and 555_others like this.
  14. Hallybell

Hallybell Married to @misoni

Currency:
    They are seen as talentless and in spite of that they are still at the top so haters are triggered.

JenJennie7 likes this.
  15. zoha123

zoha123 Super Rookie

Currency:
    Bcz Nayeon gets the most screen timing and I hate that.:annoyedk:

16. rebelheart

rebelheart Super Rookie

Currency:
    They don't deserve hate obviously but they kind of deserve some shade and skepticism for their success being immensely disproportionate to their talent. Compare TWICE's talent to SNSD during their same year, a group that has continuously been dragged by the general public for their lack of talent even after they broke out. If you compare TWICE to SNSD in the same timeline, TWICE is still extremely lacking when it comes to good music, or anything meaningful really. And it doesn't help that Onces make TWICE seem like the best thing that ever came to kpop. They might be the biggest, but best? Nah I could live without them.

shunye and SooYoung like this.
  17. transparent

transparent Super Rookie

Currency:
    Oh I remeber now, the twice hate went down around the same time sones got less active, makes perfect sense

18. Justrealonce

Justrealonce Super Rookie

Currency:
    Full time fanboy
    It's mostly due to petty jealousy.... Twice is till today the only kpop group I've seen people gone out of their way to organize dislike projects for their MV. I'm glad the hate has lessened down compared to their earlier years, it was like a witch hunt back then.

But how such humble unproblematic queens still get this much hate is beyond me.

fullsxn likes this.
  19. SusanWill

SusanWill Rookie

Currency:
    You are so obsessed with Twice, its hilarious.:angryr:
    Do you see Snsd in the title or the mention of any other groups ? No, Cause this thread is about Twice and only Twice. The OP wanted a answer and people have answered it. There is no need for you to compare them with a group that has no correlation with them whatsoever.

20. rebelheart

rebelheart Super Rookie

Currency:
    Where does it say I'm not allowed to bring up another group to answer the OP's question? If you read my response, I didn't bring up SNSD for no reason (promotion, spam, etc), I used them as a reference point for TWICE to be compared to because they have the same status as nation's/Asia's girl group. I can see why you're defensive but your argument against me using another group in my response doesn't make sense.

LovelySerenity likes this.