Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

why cl wants to debut in the us

Discussion in 'Celebrity Gossip' started by LAYNICORNINFIRES, Dec 7, 2017.

1. LAYNICORNINFIRES

#1 LAYNICORNINFIRES, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  2. Palujal

Palujal Artist

Okay, I'm not against her but dude, who would say straight up I'm seeking for more fame & want to be more known internationally.... This may or not be true but if that was the reason she'd be constantly pushing.

3. Shellfish_Beach

A queen who doesn't deserve all the hate and disrespect she gets

4. TzuyuGirl

TzuyuGirl Artist

no one asked her to speak for all asians , if she have not noticed she is making herself look like joke . . she not the first asian to try to get into american music industry their more before her who tried and some even come close to success and some didn't and they didn't try to claim that they do it for asians in america ,

prianka chopra english song tried singing in english

I don't remeber ever hearing prianka chorpa ever talking about asian women and trying to promote herself by media play , no one care about CL media play , they want to hear good music and if she had that then she wouldn't have to restore to that manipulative shit .

if she wanted to debut she would have done it already .

and boa went before her into american industry , so she not special .

5. Yseki

Yseki Artist

Didn't she sing like My little pony theme songs though? Are people gonna take her seriously.

6. Person24

Person24 Star

Exactly

Palujal and LAYNICORNINFIRES like this.
  7. Palujal

Palujal Artist

Sorry had to ask, are you hating on every idol ? I'm sure she meant asians as in Koreans,Chinese etc rather then Indians people who write articles/idols who speak usually mean this as well.

LAYNICORNINFIRES likes this.
  8. jbeanbean

jbeanbean Artist

i mean, Sia did too & she's doin fine
    it's like justin timberlake & britney spears singing for smurfs, or shakira singing for zootopia

they're still good, fun happy songs when you take them away from the cartoons they came from imo

9. k_PopFan98

k_PopFan98 Artist

How can you pave they way for others if you haven't done it for yourself?

10. truechoi

truechoi Artist

WELL DAMN

11. k_PopFan98

k_PopFan98 Artist

I didn't mean to be shady, i like "Hello b****es" but she is a flop

lanterngirl and LAYNICORNINFIRES like this.
  12. cozychaelin

cozychaelin Artist

What's bad about singing a soundtrack for a children movie?
    Sia, Shakira, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Alessia Cara and hundred more artists did this. I don't know why this should be a reason for not taking her serious?

I'm also kinda tired of defending her ass but c'mon, she did nothing bad. Why do people even bother talking about her or her album, when they pretend not to care? Either you decide to give her time and support the way she's going or just shut up.

This girl seems to be a sweetheart and a very intelligent person. She know what she's doing and she also knows how long her fans are waiting but now she's ready. Breaking into the American market is hard, takes time, and yeah maybe she will fail, but let this girl live and don't slander her for stuff she didn't even release yet...

LAYNICORNINFIRES likes this.
  13. hellomellu

hellomellu Artist

What album? She kinda has failed, don't be acting like she hasn't released songs since she went over there. Why is she doing shows and interviews in Korea(n) again?

I think YG and SB made a lot of mistakes with CL and what we're seeing now is CL literally crying about her stagnation/the way her career has gone since Come Back Home. She changed a lot about how she markets herself(The Bad Unnie/Girl Power to a drunk club chick) to suit the American market, failed to make any impact and lost fans because of it. Lifted was HORRIBLE, Hyuna's taken her potential spot at home and she's no one in the US.

Sure, it takes time, but time has passed and there is no forward mobility. Unless she flukes into a hit that people can't stop listening too, it's not gonna happen and even then it may be a one hit type of deal.

Time will tell, but it's not looking good.

14. tehcoolest

tehcoolest Rookie

What qualities does she have to even make that happen? Why does she think that she should be the one to try to "pave the way" for Asian Americans?

I find it funny how she's trying to do that when there was nothing but black people in the "Lifted" MV. Asian representation, my ass.