why cant I feel connected with someone?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by igoi, Mar 31, 2016.

1. igoi

igoi Newbie

Currency:
    I can't be connected with someone in terms of relationships/ friendships.
    When I start to talk to someone, I feel like I can't be connected with this person. So I lose interest.
    It's always like that. Always have been. That's why I don't have a single friend in my life. And also not boyfriends.
    Actually, I don't think I need love to survive.

2. alexelia

alexelia Rookie

Currency:
    Do you give the friendship/relationship time to sink in? I've done that before too, but then I try again and I make an effort and eventually these people stay in my life
    No boyfriends for me either but that's because I'm unappealing to guys but I've decided I'm forever alone :/ as long as I have friends I think I'll be okay.

3. stabbed

stabbed Newbie

Currency:
    I feel like that as well. I hear people stating that humans are herd animals, then why do I feel the happiest when I'm all alone and doesn't talk to anyone for days, weeks or even months? I don't have any friends because I don't see why I would need them.

4. squishyfish

squishyfish Trainee

Currency:
    If it happens it happens

I dont feel connected to many people

Im fairly shy and boring to some people but like there are a few people i click well with

5. Lotus_Girl

Lotus_Girl Rookie

Currency:
    Looking for job
    I feel the same all the time geer :( but anyway I feel connected to my bias *-* so yup :D

Seriously I don't know, I tried to understand it but after a while I given up, just let it as it is, I believe one day I'll find someone who'll I feel connected too

6. findtheakarun

findtheakarun Super Rookie

Currency:
    Professional Sassybish
    Yeah, I'm like that too. Some people just don't really *do* human connection.
    The best thing to do is to find other people who don't connect and befriend them. I have one friend who basically has no soul, and it's great. We insult each other and it doesn't mean anything, I never have to buy her birthday presents, and we never have to worry about going too long without talking to eachother. No mess, no feelings, no nothing. Just weird shit.
    This probably sounds horrible to most of y'all my god. Wouldn't have it any other way tho.

7. kodoku

kodoku Star

Currency:
    As you can see, you're not alone. I've always been a loner (heck even my username means solitude in Japanese and it's my fav word because it describes me well lol) and there's nothing wrong with that, we're all different and you don't have to prove anything to anyone. There's nothing wrong with you, don't beat yourself up over it (if you are). Just be you, don't force yourself, you can't force closeness or love anyway, trust me. I tried and all I did was hurt myself even more. I've had a pretty crappy life so far and I'm currently trying to change things so I guess I'm a little bit more open at the moment, but honestly you wouldn't find a bigger loner than me. Take it easy, focus on yourself and what's good for you and maybe somewhere down the road, you'll meet someone right for you and experience it. I can see by these threads that you're struggling a bit and I just wanna say I care and my offer about talking still stands. Hang in there! ^^

Emileh likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted