Why are they always left out when talking about "3rd gen girl groups" ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Doyoung, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Doyoung

Doyoung Super Rookie

Currency:
    Lovelyz, Oh My Girl, Sonamoo, April, Gugudan, WJSN, Pristin...

Whenever I see a thread about the 3rd generation girl groups, I always look out for these groups but they weren't included? Is it because they flopped? They're small? Or they are not relevant?

I'm not saying you guys are biased but aren't they considered 3rd gen too? Or maybe not, some of the groups mentioned above debuted later.

I just wanna know what makes some of you not include them :oops: but I'm happy CLC is always on the list.

2. lexuswoo

lexuswoo Married to @ghostlight

Currency:
    Seunghoon's wife
    They aren't as popular so they aren't going to be talked about as much.

3. _CLeO

_CLeO
    . Awards Team

Currency:
    I'm guessing CLC is mentioned more when talking about 3rd gen girl groups because of forum popularity with the "Stan CLC" tagline

4. Abeamus

Abeamus Married to @Couponski

Currency:
    CLC are more popular internationally than all of those groups pretty much which is why you see them more.

apart from April and Sonamoo though the rest are mid tier with April and Sonamoo being more on the low tier side.

5. CrunchyLegend

CrunchyLegend Trendsetter

Currency:
    Because the majority of 3rd gen GG threads end up dominated by the top three, and many fans of the groups you mentioned are also fans of at least one of the top three groups, so they end up talking about them instead of these other groups. They definitely have their fans but not enough potential for drama or fanwars. I posted a poll thread a while ago to rank the non-top 5 GGs and there was almost zero discussion, people just quietly posted who they voted for and moved on. Also, Sonamoo has done literally nothing for just about one year now. You can't be nugu and in the basement and expect any talk really.

Draft saved Draft deleted