Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Who is the next..

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by southclubstan, Jul 17, 2017.

1. southclubstan

Who is the next CL ?
    1st Gen - Lee Hyori
    2nd Gen - CL
    3rd Gen - ?

Idk why but I feel like Seulgi has potential since she has amazing stage presence
    I am gonna make a poll soon

bakko23 likes this.
  2. halcyondigest

halcyondigest Super Rookie

What's the metric exactly? Girl group members who went on to have successful solo careers? If that's the case I would argue Taeyeon fits the mold much more than CL. In terms of the future I could see Sejeong becoming a pretty big staple.

Jesusagrees likes this.
  3. emanresu10

emanresu10 Star

Next what?

Gotta know what we're talking about before I can agree/disagree.

:)

Jesusagrees likes this.
  4. KirbyX

KirbyX Artist

the next CL ? good in a group then flops going solo, well there will be tons of them.

5. b9ee7

b9ee7 Artist

the fact that people even want to become the next CL is really beyond me

soshilovelife and Jesusagrees like this.
  6. BaiPinTing

BaiPinTing Star

I think Taeyeon is more deserving than CL since she is undoubtedly the most successful female solo artist from the second generation. As for the third, I feel like there are a lot of potentials. If someone from Twice is given a solo, they could do well. Same with BlackPink.

Jesusagrees likes this.
  7. babysakura

babysakura Artist

I love CL, but maybe 2nd gen is IU?

Jesusagrees likes this.
  8. L_catzzz

L_catzzz Entertainer

There's no need for the next CL when we have Yezi>>>>Waaaay better than CL. CL be shook.

LongAssRider and Jesusagrees like this.
  9. babysakura

babysakura Artist

I think Taeyeon is the most successful female solo artist from a group, but the most successful (at least in Korea) has to be IU

chekas1292 and BaiPinTing like this.
  10. BaiPinTing

BaiPinTing Star

I agree but I was under the impression we are talking about solo acts from idol groups, hence Taeyeon. Lee Hyori was also in FinK.L. before she went solo.

babysakura likes this.
  11. ikindalovekpop

Kim Chung-ha?

southclubstan likes this.
  12. babysakura

babysakura Artist

Oh! Then that would definitely be Taeyeon :lover1:

BaiPinTing likes this.
  13. ryan23

ryan23 Entertainer

i dont think being the next "girl" in this sense is meant to be the most popular...
    like its more along the lines of like the next "it bad girl" kinda thing i assume?

honestly i thought it lowkey couldve been Lee Hi if she was promoed that way cause her image has been changing, with Fxxk wit us, and that collab on X n stuff.
    otherwise idk maybe Seulgi or Jennie? i dont really see many other choices rn tbh

southclubstan and bakko23 like this.
  14. ex0ticprid3

ex0ticprid3 Artist

Who wants to be a tryhard that flops?

15. bakko23

bakko23 Rookie

OP is not asking for the best 2nd gen solo artist (even if its CL for me hahah) he is asking who is the next CL ! So if you dont like CL get the f off. We dont need any of that "uh i dont even know why someone would want to be the next CL" fml Lee Hyori and Yoon Mirae both said that CL is the next big thing and their "successor" in both respective ways which are bad ass female girlcrush soloist -> NOT TAEYEON (and i like her dont worry but shes not a bad ass female girlcrush and the second one which is best and most respected female rapper in Korea .. heck CL and Tasha even got mentioned in one sentence in Unpretty Rapstar: "i'm no CL or Yoon Mi Rae..."
    And Hyori .. one of the most respected singers ever chose CL for this performance.. she didnt chose anyone else,, makes you think huh ? CL might be disrespected by you guys but shes a big sunbae in the industry with a big aura already -.- and i'm sure that even Taeyeon herself thinks of her as an equal

okey sorry .. so much for that XD

and for the real question now:

I really dont know from 3rd gen because no one really suits the scheme .. and Blackpink is too new so i guess Jennie or Lisa would be the 4th gen

3rd gen might be Hyorin if she starts having some REAL solo hits .. i know Sistar is pretty much 2nd gen as well but she is just starting .. but then again CL should only be just starting as well (still salty bout the wasted potential.. if she'd only had some proper korean solo comebacks v.v)
    and like someone said Lee Hi is also a top pick for this position.. did you guys see her UMF 2017 performance ? she can definetely be the next baddest girl crush

and just to add this.. i really hope that Choa will have a successful solo career! her lower register is bomb and i want some rocky ballads xD

#15 bakko23, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  16. southclubstan

Thank you for explaining to everyone

bakko23 likes this.
  17. veatchoi

veatchoi Star

CL is the next CL

18. freysan

freysan Artist

lol, I thought this is an open discussion that anybody can join in.. well, OP should have clarified that this discussion is only open for CL-fans in the title.. also again, the original post lacks criteria on what exactly the OP is talking about so I guess I have to thank you for explaining it better even though I'm still confused.. :oops:

but if you guys really mean girl crushes, then yeah, my bet goes to Chungha as well.. or maybe Hwasa if she finally decides to go solo.. I'm pretty sure she'll go into that sexy bad girl concept.. Seulgi is a girl crush but I doubt SM will give her the chance to show it in solo or go all out with it.. :D

19. L_catzzz

L_catzzz Entertainer

Yezi still won tho. Lol. If CL really went to Unpretty Rapstar she will totally be roasted by the first round already. Her lyrics, puns and etc. are so amateurish (except for her stage presence & charisma ofc).