Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Who could possibly have the greatest chance at breaking Twice's Wall or leave a dent on on it. (GGs)

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by VenerableBede, Dec 7, 2017.

?

Which Girl Group can break the Twice wall?

1. Red Velvet

2. GFriend

3. Blackpink

4. Apink

5. WJSN

6. LOVELYZ

7. PRISTIN

8. MAMAMOO

9. DIA

10. WEKI MEKI

11. T-ARA

12. AOA

13. LABOUM

14. AN SNSD COMEBACK

15. NO ONE

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. VenerableBede

VenerableBede Artist

As you all know Twice is a freaking wall when it comes to album sales and these two stats prove that.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    But I would like to ask a completely honest question. Who do you think, among Kpop girl groups, can have the chance of breaking that wall or just might leave a dent on it, in terms of album sales?
    and by leaving a dent I mean who could possibly compete with them close enough to topple them.

I would just like to know your different opinions. Rational and logical statements are very much appreciated.

I don't war to start a fanwar or anything but I would just like to hear what you all think on who could compete with them well enough in album sales. I, for one, like Twice music and with a girl group whose title tracks stick to a more cutesy concept, they really are the best with it. I'm not intentionally saying the wall needs to break but I think it would be interesting to hear your thoughts about it.

I would really like to see how BP can project when they'll release a full album and have multiple comebacks in each year. To be fair, they still have 5 songs not even enough to cover Twice's whole discography. It's gonna be interesting to see if the international fanbase is capable of carrying them in terms of album sales but damn this wall is fucking humongous to beat. Respect to Twice and all Onces though.

#1 VenerableBede, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  2. KawaiiSamii

KawaiiSamii Artist

No one really. With Twice getting into the Japan market their sales will keep growing.
    Even if IOI was still together Twice will still have a large lead due to the KOR + JPN market.
    You'd have to out do Twice in both the Korean and Japan market. Which no current GG's have potential to do right now.

Looking at growth rates Twice might end up selling 2M albums per year on average at the least.

Now if you just mean Korean sales only then that means a girl group would have to sell 500K albums per year. Red Velvet would need five comebacks to get what took Twice 3. So they have the best chance.

3. deanrose

deanrose Artist

Red Velvet, Blackpink, Gfriend and Pristin
    we never know things happen when we expect the least.

4. Lubby00

Lubby00 Star

No one from the listed, Twice doesn’t have a rival yet as Twice are still a huge wall and are in their own league. Maybe Produce 48 could be good potential rivals when they debut though.

#4 Lubby00, Dec 7, 2017
    gracextae, RVoppas, ezenk and 5 others like this.
  5. KpopCaptain

KpopCaptain Super Rookie

If Blackpink coulda put an album out they are the only ones with a shot - as it stands no one, someone new has to come on the scene

6. sirsans

sirsans Artist

No one. They will break their own wall and give their spot to another group.

7. Abeamus

Abeamus Star

If there is a group that will rival Twice it doesn't exist yet.

8. KpopFanIGuess

KpopFanIGuess Artist

Blackpink already rivals Twice popularity wise. Actually Blackpink is more known internationally but than Twice.
    So far I think only Blackpink could, however, I’ve got my eyes on Red Velvet, their sales by keep on increasing with each comeback and their digitals keep on increasing.
    So the answer to you’re question is Blackpink and possibly Red Velvet

9. ohohcollinBB

ohohcollinBB Rookie

No existing group at least. Something like the female BTS could be pulled though. I dont mean a female version of BTS, I just mean a new group that comes totally unexpected and snatches a lot of attention. The underdogs that raise, kind of thing. Just when we thought EXO would dominate the whole 3rd gen era, BTS pulled up. I would laugh like crazy if something like this would happen lmao. Maybe such a group will be formed. Let's see what will happen, sometimes Kpop can be surprising.

rjkoya3579, RVoppas, deza7744 and 3 others like this.
  10. jacksonized

jacksonized Super Rookie

no one i think lol they're a wall

11. Lubby00

Lubby00 Star

12. nicolas23

nicolas23 Super Rookie

If blackpink had 4 comeback a year like twice maybe they could

13. Juanlag

Juanlag Artist

No one of the list. They'll have competence with SM's next group and Produce 48 group if they manage to do good, but the groups that have already debut don't have any chance against them.

VenerableBede likes this.
  14. Sehuns_lines

Sehuns_lines Artist

i think it will be sm's new GG. SNSD broke Wg's wall.........they can do it again

15. VenerableBede

VenerableBede Artist

damn. o_O

Lubby00 likes this.
  16. peony21

peony21 Trainee

None right now.
    After seeing the results idk do ppl really think bp could sell albums like twice their japanese album didn't even sell half of twice's sales and yes including the billboard sales where international fans sales contributed they need to be promoted first to even have a chance.
    And regarding rv they're improving every cb but idk twice already sells 300k against rv only selling the 100k now but who knows

#16 peony21, Dec 7, 2017
  17. Alina1441

Alina1441 Artist

No one. Blackpink may release an album, but they're mostly known overseas and their fandom in korea isn't as solid as ONCE. Even Red Velvet, who are doing REALLY well can't compete with Twice.
    Unless Twice creates a "hole" like WG did and disappear for 3 years - then I can see a new girl group rising (like SNSD).
    But now... Nope. Twice are a brick-cement-steel wall.

18. forever9_sone

forever9_sone Artist

twice has really an impressive numbers knowing that they are just 2 years old.. im looking forward for their achievements in the following years..

nosananolyf, ezenk, TPay15 and 2 others like this.
  19. Growling_Wolf

Growling_Wolf Entertainer

Sm new girl group might, a lot of people are waiting for them to debut or maybe Somi's group. Or loona, nah I'm just kidding but look forward to loona's debut!

20. nayeongirlgroup

It's more like JYP broke WG's wall ~US~

VenerableBede likes this.