Which generation will give rise to the next supergroup? 3rd gen or 4th gen?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by jiminybear, May 4, 2019.

1. jiminybear

jiminybear Trainee

Currency:
    Which generation will give rise to the next supergroup? 3rd gen or 4th gen? Personally, I think BTS will be the last 3rd gen group to truly blow up. Whenever fans begin speculating on who's going to be the "next BTS/Exo/Bigbang" it's always another 3rd gen group (Got7, Monsta X, NCT). But fans tend to forget that those same groups will probably begin slowing down around the same time BTS starts slowing down (military enlistment). So my bet is on a 4th gen group.

What's your guess? 3rd gen or 4th gen?

Burrito likes this.
  2. ArcanaXV

ArcanaXV Rookie

Currency:
    A.R.M.Y
    5th generation............... BTS maknaes are prob gonna promote alongside most of the 4th gen and by the time they have to enlist the rapline will be back so yeah I think that they are actually gonna dominate two generations of Kpop because we have almost no solo music from BTS members so their future albums are very much anticipated

3. prince0f8

prince0f8 Trainee

Currency:
    I think the answer is none. It's going to end with BTS. What I mean is the next big group won't be a supergroup that extends to the west and world wide. At most, it could possibly reach BigBang level where it mostly stays in the east.

BTS is unique in that it transcended kpop as a whole and took the torch from One Direction as the biggest boy band period, not just kpop boy group.. So it is more likely that the next BTS will actually be a boy band from the west.

When you say "truely blow up," NCT, GOT7, and Monsta X is where it is at....with the upper limits being at EXO level. It's not fair to expect anyone to pull a BTS and take over the world unless we are talking about an American manufactured boy band with all the marketing power in the world.

4. SoyeonsTrash

SoyeonsTrash Super Rookie

Currency:
    Being an antagonist.