Which 3rd gen idols won't resign their contracts?

Discussion in 'Celebrity Zone' started by hanna3011, Apr 7, 2020.

1. hanna3011

hanna3011 Trainee

Currency:
    Which 3rd gen idols do you think won't resign their contracts after it expires?
    Here's what I think:

Blackpink's Lisa and Rosé (Not so sure about Jisoo and Jennie)
    Twice's Chaeyoung (maybe also Jeongyeon)
    Almost all CLC members

2. ana-belle

ana-belle Newbie

Currency:
    All members of got7, jb and jinyoung, I think we can start to doubt that Jackson will surely leave the band after 7 years, I have this impression for 1 years of it

3. guccilia

guccilia Celebrity

Currency:
    Gfriend one of them idk I just feel it

4. otterjae

otterjae Ars longa, vita brevis

Currency:
    GOT7 but they will start their own probably. They say all the time its 7 or none.

5. its_zo

its_zo Rookie

Currency:
    Sittin' on the internet
    All of the Black Pink members should move companies once their 7 year contract is up, unless they want to kill their careers.

lost-translation likes this.
  6. lost-translation

Currency:
    I agree with all of them except Lisa. YG is already trying to trademark her name so I don't think he will make it easy for her to leave. Lisa and Jennie are his new cash cows.

Yeah Chaeyoung seems like she wants more creative freedom which she won't get at JYP.

I'd say most of GOT7

As for CLC, as much as Cube are useless, I feel that none of them are popular enough to make it as solos quite yet so signing with a smaller company won't really be in their favour. I do think they will see members leave though.

Day6- JYP doesn't not know how to promote them and their talents are being wasted.

Alot of the time foreign idols, especially Chinese members, tend to start promoting in their home country more.

Some exo members like Chanyeol who I can see going independent I feel SM is restricting his creative style. Possibly Suho, Baekyhun and Chen. Idk about Kai, he's also signed to Super M so that probably adds to his contract.
    Lay is a funny one, he's successful in China and hasn't been in any official comeback for years so I feel like he's waiting out the contract before leaving so people don't accuse him of abandoning exo.

The only RV member I can see leaving is Joy to join an acting agency.

7. CherrySoda

CherrySoda Super Rookie

Currency:
    Rosé is the most obvious. 5 year contracts are standard at YG so this time next year they'll be gearing up to start negotiating. YG has one year to make Rosé happy. If he doesn't even try, then he can't want to keep her or the group because they don't exist without her.

Got7 have seemed dissatisfied for a while, particularly JB and Jackson. What they release is not their vision for the group, they've literally said so. If JYP doesn't agree to give them 100% artistic control I think they'll leave.

8. BlinkNation

BlinkNation Super Rookie

Currency:
    I don’t think Jisoo will resign either. I’m not sure about Jennie. Personally I hope none of them do, I don’t want them to get trapped at YG. But then again, he will probably make it hard for them to leave. I get the feeling Rosé is probably the most keen to leave but I could be wrong.

miamihurricanes likes this.
  9. miamihurricanes

miamihurricanes Super Rookie

Currency:
    Rumor account told me YG is a master manipulator which shouldnt come as a surprise. He allegedly guilt tripped BB into re-signing and i have no doubt he will try to do the same to Lisa and Jennie (he supposedly hates Jisoo and Rose so i doubt he would care too much about them).

If Twice gets more creative freedom and are allowed to rest when they need to, i could see Twice resigning. Chaeyoung, Jeongyeon, and Mina are the biggest threats to leave.

10. sassily

sassily Rookie

Currency:
    I think YG probably has tons of dirt on Bigbang, considering only the few things we know he helped or tried to cover up, so it'd be easy for him to essentially blackmail BB into resigning.

I doubt that's the case for Blackpink, those girls seem unlikely to get mixed up with that stuff. So the only thing he has over them is the trademarked names and brand.