Which 3rd Gen Idols will go Solo?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by xoxoseok, Jan 5, 2020.

1. xoxoseok

xoxoseok Trainee

Currency:
    chungha and taemin style, you know what i mean? who do you think will have successful careers or overall would thrive solo?
    jimin (bts): he gives me big BIG taemin vibes, i feel like he'd do well with a concept like taemin's but with his own little spin.
    jihyo (twice)/seulgi (red velvet): they're both so well rounded, 4th gen would be a waste without them.
    hwasa (mamamoo): it's just bound to happen. twit did really well also.

2. wumbology

wumbology Newbie

Currency:
  3. kimhamin

kimhamin Super Rookie

Currency:
    ARMY EXOL NEVERLAND ONCE MOA
    Hwasa has a very big potential to go solo

4. adidasnike

adidasnike Newbie

Currency:
    Almost the entirety of the "Padding Friends" (Jimin, Kai, Ha Sungwoon, Ravi, etc.). Taemin's a part, too, but he's obviously already successful. Ravi's done well, too, but he's not there yet.

Edit: I should say they all have the potential, even if it's more unlikely for some.

xoxoseok likes this.
  5. Suvi1

Suvi1 Rookie

Currency:
    Wendy and Seulgi definitely. Especially Seulgi has a chance of hitting it big.

6. teehee2020

teehee2020 Newbie

Currency:
    1. All of BTS boys if they catch the momentum now. But I think Jimin and Jungkook will be the most successful (for obvs reasons). Suga will probably be the most interesting - I like his solo stuff the most and think he'll make the most interesting artist out of them all individually, but I don't think his popularity compares to maknae-line. So maybe we'll have another Chen of EXO situation - hella strong compared to other artists in the industry but on the weaker side among his groupmates when it comes to physicals but outperforms them in digitals, if his music bates GP enough, they seem to like hip-hop artists with an underground vibe.

1.5. Blackpink's girls are pretty much the same. Especially, considering the draught - Blinks will eat everything up and make it massively popular. But Jennie and Lisa will all in all be more successful than Rose and Jisoo, unless these two manage to catch GP interest.

2. All of Mamamoo's girls have shown they have potential. Hwasa will probably be the only superstar both in Korea and internationally, but Wheein's solo recently performed quite solidly, both physically and digitally and it wasn't even promoted that much. So with proper promotions (and not just as a fun side-project) all four of them could gain momentum since Korea seems to love them and internationally they're on the rise. Again, depends on the time frame - if they intend to do that, they should strike the iron now, while it's hot. Like Hwasa did.

3. Despite Twice being the nation's girl group, the only one I see actually having the chops to pull off a solid solo career is definitely Jihyo. I'm a dedicated Momo fan, but unfortunately, I don't see her (or any other twice girl) being a prominent soloist :( though if she were to drop a solo, I'd definitely be there :D

4. Both Seulgi and Wendy from Red Velvet have chops to do it. Though their success would definitely depend on GP liking their music since dedicated RV fanbase is comparatively small to that of Twice and Blackpink, and GP's interest in them seems to be lower than in Mamamoo. So, they're at an interesting intersection: they should drop something that GP will like, but will also grab the fans. I think Seulgi would do good with something Chungha-style (mature pop and dance sound), while Wendy would THRIVE with ballads and R'n'B.

Irene will probably be in Yoona's situation - she could strike it moderate-to-big if she puts out music (Yoona sold 50+k albums, and it wasn't even a official debut album) because Koreans love her, but she'll choose to concentrate on acting career and being a CF queen.

5. (G)-Idle's Soyeon is a foregone conclusion at this point. I think if she officially debuts solo, she'll DEFINITELY have at least moderate success and if she drops something GP likes (she has the chops, they liked Lion), she can raise to be somewhere on Heize's level. Again, Korea seems to be enjoying the underground hip-hop artists' vibe and she does have that.

#6 teehee2020, Jan 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  7. sweettaylor

sweettaylor Public Figure

Currency:
    Hwasa, wheein, solar
    Wendy
    Rose

bamboozled_61 likes this.
  8. HyungHunter

HyungHunter Super Rookie

Currency:
    Hwasa
    Rose
    Nayeon
    All of bts

9. IU_UI

IU_UI Public Figure

Currency:
    Jungkook
    Jimin
    Seulgi
    Nayeon
    Jennie
    Rose

kang_adam likes this.
  10. Blink4Blackpink

Blink4Blackpink Super Rookie

Currency:
    blink
    All of Mamamoo

all of BlackPink-Jen Lisa will hit big , Rose and Jisoo can sing and they're fairly popular

Wendy , Seulgi , maybe Joy with some sexy concept to suit her unique vocals

bamboozled_61 and crystal105 like this.
  11. purpleyellow

purpleyellow Super Rookie

Currency:
    I ain't following nobody I don't like, Yall weird
    Lisa - She is already popular without solo song she will hit big when she release her solo, she has the quality to be massive popular than she already is everyone wait for her solo song.
    Jennie - Her solo is very successful, her next solo gonna be the same.
    Jungkook V Jimin - They already released solo song, and it becomes a hit already. But with their big fanbase they will be even more successful if they release their actual solo.

12. Drawer

Drawer Rookie

Currency:
    Taeyong, Mark Lee, Ten, doyoung, Seulgi, Hwasa and all of MAMAMOO, Wendy, BP Jennie and Rosé (from the groups I’m familiar with)

bamboozled_61 likes this.
  13. Chaittra

Chaittra Elite

Currency:
    All of BTS and BP

14. gus17

gus17 Newbie

Currency:
    On the female side Hwasa and Nayeon will be the only successful ones, the rest will be screwed by circumstances including the two I see the most potential on (Jennie and Seulgi). Wendy could be big or Luna 2.0 but with her uncertain future I won't say much

On males it'll be Jimin and friends for digitals though jk will probably sell more albums. Maybe Chen.

15. begginforthread

begginforthread stand inside your love

Currency:
    Hwasa, Soyeon, Rose, Wendy

Lisa will definitely branch out and do something as a soloist.. I dunno (although she totally has the talent to do so)

16. oceaneyes

oceaneyes Rookie

Currency:
    Jungkook
    Seulgi
    Rose
    Jihyo

17. giantload

giantload Rookie

Currency:
    nayeon and seulgi

18. bananamilk

bananamilk Celebrity

Currency:
  19. OHNOMoMo

OHNOMoMo Super Rookie

Currency:
    I totally understand jyp decision to promote twice as a group and not to highlight certain members but I also think it really hinders the members’ potential for a future career after twice and it makes me sad

20. rifah-elahi

rifah-elahi Trainee

Currency:
    1. BTS all 7 members. All 7 of them has reached the level where they have enough charisma to be by themselves on stage, all of them can produce (the vocal line at least have enough skills to produce for themselves), and all of them have a good number of fans.
    2. Most Exo members can also do well when Solo. Some may even be soloists+actors (Kyungsoo)
    3. Wendy, seulgi, and Yeri
    4. Rose, and Jennie. I feel like they are the only ones who have enough charisma to perform alone, can sing/rap decently, and are passionate enough to make music. Lisa could be there too but I haven't seen much of her singing, and she's more into dancing.
    5. Tbh, I don't see anyone in Twice going solo, but Jihyo maybe. I'm not a once, so there might be members who are also super talented and do quite well by themselves.
    6. For (g)i-dle, Soyeon definitely. First of all, her production captures the gp's attention quite well, and she's very popular and respected in Korea. 2nd, She can do it all: rapping, dancing, singing and has immense stage presence. Her perforamnces during unpretty rapstar was always so amazing, and she could clearly be on stage alone. Minnie has amazing vocals, but she's underrated to the gp. But they're a fairly new group so things may change in the future. But I really like the vibes of her songs, so if she's able to produce a song that catches the gp's attention, she might do well. She might not be the best dancer, but she has a lot of stage presence, and she kind of reminds of Taeyeon. Also, I think Yuqi will do quite well but she needs a producer like Soyeon who understands what best works with her voice and her strengths and weaknesses. I know Yuqi is taking MDI lessons so maybe she could do that herself. Also, Cube producers know its artists quite well so they can also help Yuqi. But her vocals her amazing, she's the lead dancer, and she's decent at rapping (She hasn't done it much, so I'm still not sure). Plus the general public loves her.
    7. I can also see Chan and Han from Skz as solo artists.
    8. Maybe Hongjoong from Ateez? But I don't know enough about him to say this.
    Btw I'm talking about the far future, so I don't think anyone from this list (especially, Ateez, I-dle and Stray Kids) is going solo anytime soon.

teehee2020 likes this.