When you like your CEO so much that...

Discussion in 'Celebrity Gossip' started by JiminieKookie, Jul 11, 2019.

1. JiminieKookie

JiminieKookie Professional ATEEZ and A.C.E stan

Park Junhee-stan| Stan A.C.E stan talent!
    Note: OK I make this only to get your opinions on that song.

For them who don't know: Johnny Kitagawa passed away around 3 days ago at the age of 87 years old. Johny was the founder of a company called "Johnny & Associations" that menaged for example music labels like "Johnny's Entertainment" where famouse Japanese boygroups like KAT-TUN, Hey!Say!JUMP, King&Prince and so on... come from.

After Johnny had passed away and as different people saw reactions of some other people and heard how they feel about his death many are now unsure if they cried on TV cause Johnny died and they liked him or cause they cried cause they knew the guy that abused them has passed away, because around 20 years ago there was a scandal happening over that company wich still leads to the point today that from time to time people rumor about which idol got abused (as a mostly minor aged boy back than) and wich idol under that company was not abused. Altho the artists under Johnny's Entertainment are very sucessfull in Japan, the death of Johnny makes netizen and Jnetz really go on those two seperate ways between "finally the victims of his abuse can freely breath after so many years" and "Its so sad that he passed away, people liked him".

And well than there is former KAT-TUN member Jin Akanishi who wrote a song for Johnny and well the lyrics...

Before we go deeper into the song: Some people under Johnny & Associations really liked him and thought that he was a nice person that knew how to bright their mood and encurage them to be better. Johnny even gave chances to boys who failed their auditions and trained them to become who they are today: Some of Japan's most famouse boygroups. This is a point where people and especially some idols under that company really like Johnny, but acording to netizen some idols who are now in their 30s would be still kind of suffering from what happend to them about 20 years ago in some way and that Johnny was a more unliked person in cases like these.

What are your own opinions about a song for such a person, after we now went trought the facts about Johnny?

And don't worry, you will fully understand what Jin is singing in his song

#1 JiminieKookie, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  2. dancingbella23

dancingbella23 Super Rookie

Pirate King
    People can both be charming and nice, and do terrible things.

I don't know if I'm reading too much into it.... but the lyrics can be spun in a different way...

eigb10 and JiminieKookie like this.
  3. eigb10

eigb10 Public Figure

I agree,the lyrics... I don't know which way to take them:whatr:

JiminieKookie and dancingbella23 like this.
  4. bibi87

bibi87 ⋰ ➴ ☼ Phoenix ☼ ➶ ⋱

I didn't know Johnny passed away. I was a hardcore KAT-TUN fan in 2006-2007.

Really don't know what to think about this song... It's not so Jin-like and somehow I always thought he doesn't care about Johnny.
    I'm confused.
    :sketchyk:

cgull and JiminieKookie like this.
  5. JiminieKookie

JiminieKookie Professional ATEEZ and A.C.E stan

Park Junhee-stan| Stan A.C.E stan talent!
    I scrolled trought the coments now and here is what some of the few English coments between those like 90K Japanese coments say:

@ UWUEDAAA wrote

"I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS AKANISHI"

@ onlyyouyojin wrote

"The lyrics are so touching (crying emoji)"

@ sHOEsakurai wrote

"THE LYRICS (3 skulls as emoji)"

@ aistorm3104 wrote

"dude what. I mean I stan"

@ sigunaruTT wrote

"I'm confused...lyrics kinda..."

@ YowamushiAbby wrote as answer to @ sigunaruTT

"Creepy Af ? xD"

@ chocodisco13 wrote

"I can assure you that Johnny won't be able to rest in peace upon hearing this"

@ eternal_kizuna wrote

"Thank you Jin (3 crying emoji) You surprised everyone..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some Japanese coments translated into English:

@ jinraim33 wrote

"Jin. . . The tears stop.November 8, 1998. The origin of this world of Jin who began from there. Having been led by Johnny, members of the Fate Community, that's why I am a fan. Thank you for the wonderful images and songs. I am proud to be your fan."

@ mikarin0704 wrote

"There was a deep bond that no one knew."

@ piyokuma74 wrote

" A nice and kind song. I'm sure it has arrived to Johnny (laughing emoji with tears in the eyes)"

@ kazu09ck wrote

"You are stupid"

@ chaojinjin wrote

"Mr. Jin, a memorial service full of love. Like you and you're nice"

bibi87, BTS_kpopfangirl and Nogabunga like this.
  6. keyboardwarrior7

Since I don't know Japanese, I really don't know how to take these lyrics. They are weird as hell.

I'm one of those people who was really disturbed when I first heard about the rumors surrounding Johnny. Like, I hated him. I think that's a really big reason I never really got into JPOP BGs (initially).

But at the same time, like, I'm conflicted. Cause, wasn't there only one person who said that Johnny raped them?

And, I just feel like, if this guy was a predator like so many people said, wouldn't there be more rumors?

And the fact that young boys knew the rumors, but continued to go there and audition? And, also the fact that if all the rumors are true, why have so many of the older groups stayed together? Like, you would think they would grow to hate the guy and not want to be anywhere around him or continue to make money for him.

Like, I know grooming is a thing, but even with grooming, I feel like at least some of them would grow to like hate him and leave. But they didn't.

That's what makes me unsure about how to feel or if this is true or not.

7. dancingbella23

dancingbella23 Super Rookie

Pirate King
    oh grooming is definitely a thing. The people groomed often defend their abusers because they don't know any better.

8. bibi87

bibi87 ⋰ ➴ ☼ Phoenix ☼ ➶ ⋱

Well, I have questions, too.

And let's hope there wasn't a deep bond that no one knew between them. :confused: