Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

What's your fandom stereotype? Do you agree with it?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Onion_Rings, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Onion_Rings

Onion_Rings Artist

(If you have 1 brain cell working, then you know this is generalization; that's the meaning of stereotype. Don't witch hunt me or anyone in this thread)

I'm a Once. Once are seen as arrogant and childish. My thoughts? Just look at most forums, YouTube and Twitter. It's 95% of the time really accurate.

I'm also a Blink. Blinks are often seen as nice. They were, but most of the nice Blinks are unfortunately gone.

2. Yabs_Trash

Yabs_Trash Artist

Idk I think BANAs, BABYz and Melodies don't have any stereotype :whatr:

btw if someone knows some stereotype about my fandoms please tell me lol

3. KidLeader99

KidLeader99 Artist

I'm a uaena I don't exist
    I'm a sone I hate Twice

Onion_Rings likes this.
  4. ihavemyownkey

ihavemyownkey Artist

'Angel' SHAWol...

No. I don't agree with that.
    We're far from angelic, especially when someone comes for one of the boys.
    We're not out here acting a fool like some people, but I wouldn't call us all angelic.

ARMY- Immature, brash, loud, arrogant.
    Some are like that, but then... Some.. Like most of the ones I know; are very sweet and just want to support BTS. Some are very proud of the boys' achievements and want everyone to know about them. All I know is this; I wouldn't want to be a hater here on AKP. They'll come for your ass and leave bones...

5. MazoMazo

MazoMazo Artist

I'm a fan of JYJ.
    So I'm considered a fan of a problematic group and an oppa-apologist.

#5 MazoMazo, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    chocolateshinee and Onion_Rings like this.
  6. Abeamus

Abeamus Star

I don't think Leggos has a stereotype

Riaxe and Onion_Rings like this.
  7. yemm

yemm Star

Shawols - nice and calm
    Meu - complains a lot. "Who cares, where's f(x)?"
    Reveluv - I don't really know tbh?

8. kpopenthusiast12

• Blinks - People say that blinks look down at other girl groups for being cute and it is true if you look at the YouTube sections. I find those comments annoying.
    • Reveluvs - I don't think there are any stereotypes about them.
    • Sones - I do think that some of the fans are whiny as hell and try to use SNSD to put down other girl groups.

Onion_Rings likes this.
  9. Xadne

Xadne Artist

I don't think the fandoms I'm in have any stereotype...
    no one knows us :waterr:

qu33n and Onion_Rings like this.
  10. KidLeader99

KidLeader99 Artist

I heard somewhere before that btob stans put down other boygroup's singing skills or something

Yabs_Trash likes this.
  11. gelaaa

gelaaa Artist

Cassiopeia- semi crazy + superiority complex. a lot of cassies are like this tbh. but there are some nice ones. a lot of ig and twitter cassies think they're the best bc they stan old groups tho:rolleyes:

bana- chill and nice. tru, most i've found are nice.

armys- immature and the fanbase is built on 12 y.os. Eh, I've found more college and 20+ year old armys on twt. but immature, kinda, i mean, all popular fandoms are.

12. Yabs_Trash

Yabs_Trash Artist

Probably some of them do it I wouldn't be surprised (I even do it with some groups that I'm not going to mention lmao) but almost all Melodies I know are really kind

13. Yabs_Trash

Yabs_Trash Artist

Except me lol I think I'm the most problematic BANA on here tbh :nervousk::teeheek:

14. ReadMyFanfic2

Cassiopeia's used to sometimes be seen as crazy...some crazy shit was rumored to have happened..
    but cassiopeis having the guiness record for largest fanclub, have also been able to come together and do amazing things for TVXQ
    so yeah......
    our fandom:
    crazy, large, but very supportive

chocolateshinee and Onion_Rings like this.
  15. Chingtsu

Chingtsu Artist

Wannables - Like to brag about the achievements they have achieved in this short time & does not understand the safety or privacy of the idols we look up to ( cough when Wanna One arrived in Thailand... just like a remake of Train of Busan ).

Starlights - Quite chill people I think? They were never seen as problematic or did I miss something. They work hard to let VIXX win those awards they deserve ( for example The Show ) and appreciate every work that VIXX has done. They care more about the music than the views they are getting for the music or the numbers of awards. I still remember vaguely that N once was done with an interview or showcase or anything and that it was his birthday that day. Fans waited outside for him in an appropiate manner and distance and sang birthday songs for him. They were not hysteric at seeing N but were calm and nice. They formed a circle around him with enough distance and they sat for awhile together while celebrating his birthday. Milky Way is also an example where you can see how nice Starlights are, they filmed that mv with no barriers or bodyguards and there was no problem at all.

NCTzen - Really don't know.

Onion_Rings likes this.
  16. boruto

boruto Star

angel shawols (to a certain point, i've never seen shawols get personal or insulting when defending them from uncalled hate and i rarely see them bash other groups) / elitist shawols (kinda true)

Onion_Rings likes this.
  17. BPBPBPBPBPBPB

BPBPBPBPBPBPB Trainee

BLINKS: At one point of time supported empowering and badass concept and we're pretty humble and friendly with the other fandoms(especially, Armies,Sones and Reveluvs) but gone are those days! Now we have menninist BG stans joining the fandom who do not buy albums nor do they vote! So now we're known as

- Female counterpart of Army fandom
    - Menninist
    - Arrogant
    - Immature

mam25 and Onion_Rings like this.
  18. wowza

wowza Super Rookie

ARMY - loud, obnoxious

:( well that sucks cuz a ton of armys are chill, nice people

ReadMyFanfic2 and Onion_Rings like this.
  19. lighterxx

lighterxx Star

Calm af Carats. Bitch about colors. Likes cute concept. Thirsty. Hates Wannables. Only the ones who joined to kpop newly stan them.

Onion_Rings likes this.
  20. qu33n

qu33n Star

For all the exo-l stereotypes i'm kind of upset that we haven't been stereotyped to sass the crap outta people.
    Especially, nowadays we sass more than we get on the defense. Ex: Exo-ls first win.

But yeah I agree with a lot of exo-l stereotypes and I think there is still too many exo-ls that fit them but people have mellowed out mostly now (I didn't call myself an exo-l for a long time because I didn't like they fandom. I feel like way back in the past I've said it on old threads too). I believe it's stupid to turn a blind eye to problematic members of your fandom and not acknowledge them when they are clearly there but you are too caught up in you own world to see it. So I think the stereotypes are fair sometimes when the fandom has moved past that or only a small amount are still like that but the fandom doesn't want to recognize them and the past.

Onion_Rings likes this.