What was the game that turned you into a gamer?

Discussion in 'Video Games & Tech' started by imthatxx, Jul 30, 2016.

1. forcecrush

forcecrush Super Rookie

Currency:
    and Darth Lachris is my girl crush lol (her voice is just.... umm)

ChangF00d likes this.
  2. ChangF00d

ChangF00d Super Rookie

Currency:
    lol I played the Jedi Consular route but I didn't really remember her until i googled her lol She does have a sexy voice lol I miss playing SWTOR but omg once I started playing it you couldn't get me off the damn thing.

Gotta say I had crushes on all sorts of characters: Vector Hyllus, Jonas Balkar, Tai Cordan omg its so embarrassing
    But it pains me to admit it, the Empire romances are just so much better.
    Girl crushes for me probably Vette and Elara Dorne

forcecrush likes this.
  3. forcecrush

forcecrush Super Rookie

Currency:
    JC is the last character that I started a while back, but Act I was so boring that I kinda stopped doing it (and Balmorra wouldn't end well for me lol), but the imp mirror Sith Inq is aaaaweeesooomeee

me too xD tho I'm an imperial at heart whether it be sith empire or galactic empire, I was even thinking about tattooing the imperial symbol on my ankle, I'm a huge imp fan since I was 12 years old (Palpatine is total husband material lol)
    the rep side disappointed me in the romance department (I kinda fell for Darmas Pollaran in the smuggler story, and.... well, look at how it ended xD) I also prefer imperial voice acting over the rep, the jedi characters sound boring, tho trooper and smuggler nice. The only imp voice I didn't like is the fem mercenary (I never play male characters), but I didn't like this voice actress in KotOR2 either, sooo
    and yeeees, Vette and Elara, I love them too! my other girl crushes are Darth Zhorrid and Darth Zash, I love the voice acting lol

(I just talked a lot of nonsense, sorry, but once I get started on star wars, it's hard to stop...)

ChangF00d likes this.
  4. ChangF00d

ChangF00d Super Rookie

Currency:
    Yeah it was pretty boring at the start, but I actually quite enjoyed it further into the story. You probably already know that Consulars are more diplomats than anything so it probably was a little lack luster in comparison to other classes. I'm surprised that the Barsen'thor even survived given their position. Well they put so much emphasis that they were going to die if they kept healing people with their life force lol
    Plus I made my JC a Chiss. You could imagine how awkward it was on Hoth when Pub generals were shading how creepy Chiss are.

I haven't fully played an Imperial class line because for some reason it bugs out on me. I was so close to completing the SW storyline (and marrying Malavai) before it stopped on me so you could imagine my frustration omfg Well on the bright side, I never had to see him turn on me LOL
    I really wanted to finish the IA storyline but it Bugged out after the Darth Zhorrid arrives quest haha
    So what are your favourite Imp storylines? I don't have one because I never was able to fully play one :( But I have played out The JK and JC storylines and i think I actually preferred the JC But I admit it was fun to romance Doc. Besides Theron Shan and Jonas Balkar, I don't think there are any interesting male Pub characters you can romance. I didn't finish the smuggler story yet but hopefully I will sometime in the future. What I have played was pretty good!

I'm not a paying player so I never played KOTOR :( I really want to though. I have seen playthroughs on YouTube (Hence my fangirling over Theron)
    lol Darth Zhorrid is batshit crazy

5. forcecrush

forcecrush Super Rookie

Currency:
    jedi characters in general don't really fit me, I wasn't a fan of JK either (tho the story was okay), so maybe I went onto the story a little pessimistic, plus I kept reading that most people think JC is the most boring story, so my expectations were already low... maybe I'll pick it up again, and see how it goes :D
    ooh, I love the chiss, they're one of my fave races (I'm a Thrawn fangirl :D) even the imps say chiss are creepy, can't blame them tho lol
    that's weird, it never happened to me, the only issue I had is that when I completed the JK story, I didn't get the act 3 completion achievement, so I have to play it again, but I don't really feel like it (like, it's not bad or anything, but jedi voice acting, so.. yeah)
    I actually like every imp story, except for the bounty hunter. personal glory hunting isn't really my thing, so it was a little boring for me, but damn, I love how the powertech plays, I like burning shit to crisps xDD my overall fav has to be the sith inquisitor, the story was a little weird, but still very good, but the female voice acting is just amazing, she sounds like she's bored to death, and she's so arrogant, I love it!
    Doc from JK story actually irritated me at first, but really grew on me in the end, he was a lot more interesting than I initially thought, and Scourge is a pretty cool companion too, especially after reading the book (I think it was Revan). Smuggler story was nice, I loved it :) it's kinda weird that I like the smuggler, but not the BH, because both are more independent and self-serving, but the smuggler story and companions are better imho (guss tuno or whatever his name is, is so damn hilarious)
    I'm not a sub either :( but I think you mixed up KOTFE with KOTOR :) KOTOR takes place 300 years before SWTOR, and KOTFE is an expansion of SWTOR, but I haven't played it either, I just saw a few things on youtube as well... I think you can play the first chapter now for free, but I haven't tried it yet, I really want to sub, but I have more important things to spend my money on for now :(
    yeah, Zhorrid belongs to a mental institute :D I felt so sorry for her, but yeah, she has more then a few screws loose :D gotta love her tho
    and Zash is like a really bad mom, I love her too :D
    it's sad that these stories are bugged for you, because they're pretty cool :( but I'm a biased Imp ho, so... :)

6. park_sujong

park_sujong Newbie

Currency:
    Torchlight.

I think that's why I love Diablo so much, it went from
    Torchlight > Diablo > WoW > HotS > Heartstone
    I'm Blizz trash lmao

7. LadyS

LadyS Leader

Currency:
    Crash bandicoot >.< :cryingk: It was my very first videogame on PS1 :cryingk:

imthatxx likes this.
  8. nami_chan

nami_chan Trainee

Currency:
    I think it was "chrono trigger" , it's a classic RPG I started playing it because some friends had it and when I knew that akira toriyama (mangaka of dragon ball z) did the characters, I couldn't avoid falling for it, since then my favorite games are RPG xD
    [​IMG]

imthatxx likes this.
  9. JustOhSehun

JustOhSehun Newbie

Currency:
    CALL OF DUTY ! Esp Call Of Duty : Ghost :D

10. aurivaille

aurivaille Newbie

Currency:
    professional procrasinator
    Power Rangers SPD for the GBA and Cars on the PS2 were probably my favorite games when I was younger, what really introduced me to video games; both around ten years ago, I grew up with an uncle that loved video games so I've basically been with them my entire life.

However, the Sonic series is the series that really introduced me to other video games and it got me into video games in general.

#30 aurivaille, Sep 25, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  11. dprcream

dprcream Married to @yoichiidesu

Currency:
    pup dealer
    My older brother was playing so many games around me that I can't even remember which one exactly made me a gamer. There's: mortal kombat, pokémon (emerald my favorite), super smash bros... My first online video game was maple story. I stopped playing a bit then re started with Skyrim and League of Legends.
    I need to mention Tekken and Naruto (online and on playstation) and Final Fantasy on psp, I LOVED THESE GAMES! My favorite will remain Skyrim, or pokémon (I didn't like pokémon go, not sorry)
    I still say FINISH HIM! Whenever I'm playing video games with my brother and there's a boss that's dying

12. Arachi

Arachi Rookie

Currency:
    Tomb Raider - Lara was such a girl crush one of the very few female heroines at the time, I loved playing as her character =)))

ONi - Same scenario, Konoko a strong character with a strong will who didn't need others help and sympathy got rid of the stereotypical weak and useless female character that was a thing and I really appreciated her for that.

Street Fighter - Sakura made me love the game for the same reason Konoko did

13. USSR

USSR Rookie

Currency:
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
    Conkers Bad Fur Day
    Battlefield 1942
    Battlefield 2
    Counter Strike 1.6

14. Cinnyxx

Cinnyxx Newbie

Currency:
    Runescape, Super Smash Bros, and Dragon ball z budokai tenkaichi

15. TyroneJamal

TyroneJamal Newbie

Currency:
    I've quit gaming...

16. Luna_Regina

Luna_Regina Trainee

Currency:
    The first ever game I played that made me realize I loved gaming was MarioKart 64. The game that got me hooked on gaming for good was Paper Mario for Nintendo 64 and Final Fantasy 8 and 9 and Legend of Dragoon for the Playstation One. I've loved RPGs ever since.

Ijustwantmore likes this.
  17. ImDaOne

ImDaOne Married to: @Elizabeth_Xin

Currency:
    no damn idea because i've been gaming pretty much since i was born
    but the one that set the standards in gaming for me was probably the Metal Gear series
    (say what you wanna say about TPP, it had lots of potential and it wasn't finished, only the gameplay was, but not the rest of the things, you can even say at what point Kojima left)

18. KyuHyung19

KyuHyung19 Rookie

Currency:
    The sims 3. even though it is not a real game but it really turn me into a gamer. 1st time I played it at 10pm and keep continuing play the game until I don't realize that it's already 6am next day.

19. ThatGirlElena

ThatGirlElena Newbie

Currency:
    Gamer, daydreamer
    I have no idea, actually. I started playing games since I was 3, so playing games feels so natural to me that I never thought about it.. I'll always remember the first time I played, it was on Tekken 3 and it felt so good, I didn't know what to do, so I pressed all the buttons and a week later or so, the controller was broken haha. Well, let's say that's Tekken 3 that turned me into a gamer, then !

20. nctu_127

nctu_127 Newbie

Currency:
    College Student
    Ahh, DOOM had started me off from there i had progressed to More Pc games.