Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

What Tier do you think PRISTIN will be interms of popularity for Girl Groups?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by 13KpopLover14, Dec 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. 13KpopLover14

13KpopLover14 Entertainer

With the over saturated market of female groups with Twice, Red Velvet, Blackpink, Gfriend and Mamamoo currently leading the new generation, is there still any place for Pristin to hit big? They already won 2 Rookie of The Year Awards and will probably snatch the SMA and GDA too. Well I don't expect them to hit big like the other 5 groups I mentioned, but I think they might achieve an Apink tier or even an AOA tier of popularity and that for me is already enough. Their debut and 1st comeback received so many divided opinions but I think overall they did well. I think they have a huge chance to hit next year.

Before their debut they had a PD101 in their backs for them to be talked about and atleast make the people interested in them with 7 of the members being PD101 contestants and 2 members being in the final group. Also their pre-debut promotion is very good to with all the weekly concert, dance covers, showing their individual talents which gave them a huge following at the start if we look at the scale for newly debut girl groups. But when they debut, I think a lot of people were disappointed because they didn't show their true potential and instead followed a trend which obviously didn't work for them.

But now with the '2017 Rookie of The Year' behind their backs I think they might gain some interest again and probably the most talked member in the group that generate a debate (Kyla) going back after her long hiatus might also gain interest especially on Ifans. The only thing they need is THAT song and that's what I'm worried about.

So what tier do you think they'll be?

anyways here's Pristin dancing to the Girl Group Anthem of the Year. This is honestly the Pristin I wanted to see. T_T

jimeous likes this.
  2. Abeamus

Abeamus Legend

Buddy Gang
    I can't see Pristin ever being top tier or at least staying there, i'd say they would be mid/high tier depending on what songs they release.

3. truechoi

truechoi Star

Onew's illegal wife
    Mid-lower? Something like that. They're kind of in the middle between unknown and known is the best way I can put it for you.

arinsen likes this.
  4. dharmalicious

dharmalicious Artist

At least mid-tier, but if their songs don't get better, than they won't have a chance at top-tier

jimeous likes this.
  5. KpopFanIGuess

KpopFanIGuess Artist

Stripper (jk)
    Mid tier.

jimeous likes this.
  6. perpetualpotato

Good thing is, they are already a known group. Now they just need a really good song. I'm gonna keep believing:D

7. reveluvs

reveluvs Artist

there is nothing special abt pristin besides Kyla....theyre going nowhere no offense...

8. lulinolcy24

lulinolcy24 Artist

If they keep releasing stuff like their last title tracks not higher than mid-tier for sure (pls Pledis let someone write their stuff, not that it is that bad but you know...)