What skincare products do you use and why?

Discussion in 'Fashion & Beauty' started by Candy416, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Candy416

Candy416 Newbie

Currency:
    What skincare products do you use and why? Any Recommendations...

okingvn, random-one and bibi87 like this.
  2. Yabie

Yabie Star

Currency:
    i have rly sensitive skin so i use either Avene or Eucerin cremes/serums/make up removal.
    daily?
    just cremes lol

3. bibi87

bibi87 ⋰ ➴ ☼ Phoenix ☼ ➶ ⋱

Currency:
    I only use Korean skincare products and I love them.
    Dr Jart, Missha, Isntree, Klairs, A'Pieu, Etude House are some of my fav brands.

4. joombo

joombo Newbie

Currency:
    #4 joombo, Nov 6, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  5. ChoIzanami

ChoIzanami Trainee

Currency:
    Student
    I have a really strange skin, so skincare has always been difficult for me.
    My skin is dry (I have a weak neurodermatitis) and sensitive with still quite an oily nose. So I never knew what kind of products I should use xD And Also I'm broke af, so I really have to shop on a budget.
    But I have a routine down noe that does its job ok.
    I use Micell Water to remove Make-Up. My cheap one by Balea is actually almost empty, so maybe I'll try the Garnier one next.
    I also use a cleansing foam. I actually have a korean one right now by Ottie. I tried cleansing oil before, but my skin just freaked out. And just soap dries it out too much. I also use it for daily washing in the evening.
    After I wash up, I use a toner, in the morning as well as in the evening. Another K-Beauty product here by Secret Key. It contains Witch Hazel and it was a game changer. After years of struggeling with frequent break outs and dry skin, this thing worked like magic. Using a toner eases the tention in my skin and it feels way more moistiurized. I love it. And I actually re-ordered three more bottles xD
    In the mornings, I follow this up with a special lotion by Bioderma, to fight breakouts and acne.
    In the evenings, I just finish with a face creme for Sensitive skin. Mine is by Bebe, it worked best for me by now.
    I also use face masks, but not too frequent. My favorite right now is a purple one that I get from Saphora.
    And sometimes, if my skin really needs it, I'll use a sheet mask. I have a ton of different ones, but I really like the Garnier ones. I re-use them ^^'

6. bibi87

bibi87 ⋰ ➴ ☼ Phoenix ☼ ➶ ⋱

Currency:
    Like I said, these are my fav brands, but it doesn't mean I only use them and never try new stuff... I don't get the point of your msg, sorry.

7. Marthalee

Marthalee Newbie

Currency:
    Just some balms and essential oils.

8. oceaneyes

oceaneyes Super Rookie

Currency:
    Thats a combination skin type.

ChoIzanami likes this.
  9. Aweressa

Aweressa Newbie

Currency:
    As for me, i think that we are what we eat. And the best skincare products are good and healthy food, supplements and exercise. I recommend that you check out the Canadian Pharmacy here for some good and working supplements. I am sure that you will find something good and helpful to you there, good luck!

#9 Aweressa, Dec 16, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  10. shy_shy_shy

shy_shy_shy ✲(◍•ᴗ•◍)✲

Currency:
    being annoying
    I use Hada labo whitening one.
    Since I started my holiday in Korea, I am obsessed with trying the different whitening products lol
    I bought about 5 tubs of uyu cream already :oops:

11. shybn

shybn Married to @your-dad

Currency:
    Wonho’s hoe
    Some beauty products might work for me but not to others. I used CB :)

12. ajimenez

ajimenez Trainee

Currency:
    I use Shiseido products for anti-aging and reducing my fine lines on my forehead. Eudermine essence, Ultimune serum, and Benefiance eye and face creams. They are super expensive. I suggest buying the gifts sets if you want to try out Shiseido products. You can also ask for samples at your nearest beauty/fashion department store.

I used to buy Belif skincare products in my 20s. Loved their Hungarian water essence and witch hazel toner.

13. love-gun

love-gun Trainee

Currency:
    i just use a mild soap and exfoliant cuz i dont wanna irritate my skin too much

14. its_zo

its_zo Rookie

Currency:
    Sittin' on the internet
    I recommend the Avène Extremely Gentle Cleansing Lotion to start off with because it doesn't actually need to be washed off: you begin to rub it into your face, and then you can either wipe off the excess or pat the excess into your skin to make it sink in (ideal for lazy/extremely busy people like myself or those who are brand new to skincare). It's relatively moisturising and its active ingredients are anti-septic, so it does help to clear acne. It's drying alcohol-free and doesn't have added fragrance.

If you're a makeup wearer, unfortunately it's no good for getting makeup off as I tend to find you need much more concentrated/powerful formulas (plus harder rubbing/scrubbing) to get that off, but I use it after my makeup removal products anyway because of the benefits above.

My skin's normal-dryish with very dry textured patches on my T-zone, and also very acne-prone. None of this is helped by the fact that I'm a skin picker. My skin has been the clearest and calmest it's been in almost a decade because of the Avène Cleanser, and because it's so clear (and new acne disappears faster), it's encouraged me to pick far, far less than I used to so that's leading to a further knock-on improvement in my skin. It hasn't completely got rid of my dry textured patches (it's not quite *that* moisturising) but it is in the "That was a good attempt" sort of ballpark.

If you can work out what your own skin type is, that'll help you to eliminate the skincare products that would be unsuitable for treating your particular skin concerns (as well as making it easier for other people to target their recommendations to you), and therefore makes it easier for you to decide what to try.

My general recommendation to everyone is to NOT BUY PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN DRYING ALCOHOLS IN THE INGREDIENTS LIST. Ethanol (usually just written as "Alcohol" on product ingredients lists), Alcohol Denat. and Isopropyl Alcohol are the ones I see the most. These ingredients are usually put in because they help the product to sink into your skin faster (as well as speed up natural evaporation of excess product off of your skin) but the way these alcohols do this is by breaking down your skin barrier, so when used over the long-term, they make you more susceptible to reactions and irritation from things like fragrances.

15. Rishabh_Bansal

Currency:
    Hii everyone. One should use Skincare products according to the skin type they have. Also, the products range changes according to the seasons.

In Winters, the skin becomes very dry, so the products has to be switched. Nivea Cold Cream is my favorite that helps me to deal with dry skin.

The skin needs extra care in Winters so the products has to be decided wisely. If you don't know what products should you use, first go for a skin test.

Check out the list of Best Winter Skincare Products that will keep your skin smooth and glowing in winters.

Take Good Care of your skin. Also, eat plenty of fruits - veggies and drink plenty of water which will help you to keep your skin healthy naturally.

16. gezichtsmasker

Currency:
    Personally I love to use Pyunkang Yul essence toner.it feels so refreshing!

#16 gezichtsmasker, Jan 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  17. seoulunnie

seoulunnie Newbie

Currency:
    I have Sensitive combination skin so getting the right skin care is always a hassle.

i do how ever use cosx face wash because it’s gentle on my skin but gets the job done.
    I use rose water toner or Klairs hydrating toner especially in winter.
    I use a vitamin C serum that’s from Finland
    Then I use A.H.C eye cream
    And beliefs hydrabom cream

the face masks I use
    Sheet mask : I like innisfree especially for daily applications and then I just get target ones when I’m having some issues

I use the dr. Jart sleep mask at night

and a mud mask (glow) and green tea mask (the body shop) when I’m breaking out

18. ninjagreen94

ninjagreen94 Newbie

Currency:
    I use Ensutouch Skincare which contains Bromex Bioactive It is an excellent antioxidant and anti-ageing. Next time I will try skincare from Korean anyway. ;)

[​IMG]

19. lirila

lirila Trainee

Currency:
    SARANGHAJA
    oil to remove makeup, special prone acne greasy skin soap to wash my face, aloa cream for moisturizing and some special cream for when i have some acne to burn those grains.

20. vish-costa

vish-costa Newbie

Currency:
    Hello there! Personally I am a huge fan of skincare and my routine consists of Ceylonese skincare products from the Spa Ceylon brand.

For cleansing I use the virgin coconut - gentle cleansing milk.

For toning the white jasmine facial skin tonic. The jasmine scent is refreshing after a long hours of day. I am usually at the gym after work, therefore, cleansing my face at the end of the day is important and the toner ensures my skin ph is brought back to a good balance after I have used the cleanser.

For hydration, I use a generous amount of the virgin coconut - comforting Hydrating Face Cream.

I keep my skincare to a minimum of three steps and these products have helped me a lot in maintaining my skin's natural glow throughout the years especially in a tropical country like Sri Lanka.

Make sure to check out other Ceylonese skincare here: Spa Ceylon - Luxury Ayurveda Spa - Sri Lanka