Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

What is Bangtan's Biggest Contribution to Kpop?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Storm_Bloom, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Storm_Bloom

Storm_Bloom Artist

I think it's being from underdogs to becoming titans that they are now. Showing that you can be huge and successful although you may have nothing from the start.

What else? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lost_time

Lost_time Artist

Being the closest Kpop group to break into the US market.

3. Leean_Taeyong

Soon to be employed! Anticipate!!!
    Their fandom ruining kpop stans’ reputation ft. Loona stans

4. Outburstz

Outburstz Super Rookie

I mean Big Bang did that first YG was considered a small company before Big Bang hit

dooh, chawan_BLINK, BlissVIP and 4 others like this.
  5. Storm_Bloom

Storm_Bloom Artist

Closest? They already break that record [​IMG]

Kawaii8 likes this.
  6. Storm_Bloom

Storm_Bloom Artist

Idts. YG were already a household name same like SM and JYP. Bighit don't have the
    same privileged and exposure compared to this companies.​

7. Outburstz

Outburstz Super Rookie

Existing doesn't = household name

8. Leean_Taeyong

..... :(

9. Storm_Bloom

Storm_Bloom Artist

k girl, whatever would float your boat I guess [​IMG]

The facT that they manage to break territories coming from a very small and nuggu company
    without any sorts of power in the industry is already a huge statement.

BTS did THAT [​IMG]

chickseli likes this.
  10. steph_ch

steph_ch Artist

I remember someone made a thread like this a couple of months ago and everyone and there mother were busy saying they haven't done anything for kpop. It will be a different song and dance in a few years. Anyway Bts has really started to push kpop and make them more relevant in western market, they have given hope to small company groups again. And they show what hard work, passion, love of music and a dedicated fan base gets you. I wish them well and hope they continue to shine.

11. Infire707

Infire707 Married to: Surprise_bitch

CLC's manager
    Progressing Kpop onto and international level, especially in the west

12. blackbeard

blackbeard Artist

casual cult member
    Creating one of the most involved/influential/loud fandoms ever since The Beatles fandom.

This enabled them to break through pretty much any major market including America and Japan.

13. Storm_Bloom

Storm_Bloom Artist

[​IMG]

14. mirella

mirella Star

rapline enthusiast
    Their music is the biggest thing they ever contributed to the industry, imo.

The lyrics, the messages, the honesty. Their passion and hard work involving lyric-writing and composing.

Western market? Sure, I guess, but spreading their influence wouldn't have as much of an impact if it were generic music that lacked a personal touch. BTS is BTS because of their music, and that is the most important thing that distinguishes them.

A musician can only stand out for their music: not their personality, not their looks, not the number of #1s they hit (always a bonus though).

15. GoldenIdun

GoldenIdun Artist

Mochi Bot
    1. Breaking through in the US and the West in general. Others have tried, but BTS has gotten further than any other act before them. And because of that, kpop companies are creating literal task forces that are meant to analyze their every move, so that they can replicate it and achieve the same international success. Even companies that don't have a designated task force are trying to replicate a 'BTS formula'.
    I'd say that's a huge contribution to the industry, because not only are they paving the way for acts in the West, it also means that BTS is setting multiple trends and basically helping reshape the future industry's focus. Lyrics, message, genuinity, song-writing, production, social media presence, those are all part of the BTS trend that companies are trying to replicate.

2. They've helped shake up the big company monopoly in kpop, that have existed for years. Both from a business perspective and a fan perspective. The old and big companies aren't the only ones in power now, and you can actually see that the bigger companies are starting to struggle maintaining their power position against companies like Bighit, Source and YMC. Many kpop fans have also always given little attention to smaller companies for various reasons, this is especially the case in Korea. I think the success of BTS (and other small company groups like Gfriend) have made people more willing to give groups from smaller companies a chance. People are tired of seeing the same formulaic models of production from the big companies. According to experts, "the market is deviating from the Big 3’s traditional practice of “top-down” fan development, wherein the labels’ prestige guarantees their newly debuted groups’ success. Now, the rise of the grassroots development of fandom over social media -- or at least, fan-empowered voting systems -- are eclipsing the old ways with a “bottom-up” approach". And BTS is at the center of that movement.

#15 GoldenIdun, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  16. Shopjin

Shopjin Entertainer

I sadly have to agree... some ARMYs are just incredibly stupid ("Don't stream BP's D4" like really, stfu), and I've already dealt with annoying Loona stans on the net AND in real life. I was searching around for an Overwatch League stream (watching them contributes to the game's in-game currency) and then I saw this infamous picture. [​IMG]
    I stan the boys because their music touches me, they're exceptional performers, and I can personally relate to each of their personalities. I do not want to associate myself with the idiotic and thirsty BTS Twitter stans who make intentionally sexual fanfiction stories to refer to in irrelevant situations. As for Loona, I lost all of my interest after finding out about the shenanigans that people pull to advertise the undebuted group.

17. Leean_Taeyong

Honesty is the best policy~

18. stylishcrab

stylishcrab Artist

yo sorry I got to correct this lmao. YG wasn't big three before Bigbang, so it was just a normal label, not what it is today. I'm guessing you are a new kpop stan so yup. BTS did it too but Bigbang also did it before them.

kwonjiyong92 likes this.
  19. trashy26

trashy26 Artist

https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/yg-since-debuting-bigbang/

and stop saying bighit was nugu agency as they had 2 AM with JYP

on topic , they won an award in us

dooh likes this.
  20. Storm_Bloom

Storm_Bloom Artist

And they still ended up being on the Big 3, YG was already known for being part of Seo taiji boys.

Bighit was a nugu till BTS [​IMG]

but keep twisting that anyway [​IMG]

Loyalty likes this.