What i thought of Idol Producer

Discussion in 'C-POP' started by RainbowMonster, Jul 27, 2018.

1. RainbowMonster

RainbowMonster Married to : @Kaikat

Currency:
    Professional MonBABY
    A friend of mine ( @Ling ) made a post about Nine Percent so i ended up watching Idol Producer cause of it and it was awesome, it really really was, there is stuff that annoyed me tho which i will talk about but keep in mind i love how the final group ended up being and i enjoyed the whole show thoroughly.

LESSS GOOOOOOOO!

The first thing i have to say is that the guys i was rooting for the most were
    BU FAN
    [​IMG]
    I already knew Xiao Gui would be in 9% but i still rooted for him
    [​IMG]
    Also HUBAAAA
    [​IMG]
    aaaand my babez that i also knew would be in 9%
    [​IMG]
    Besides them i also liked
    Zhou Yanchen (litlle boi who looks like V)
    aaaandd
    Blank-ffrey!!!

Now onto the actual show

The Judges

So I'll go by how they were seated

MC Jin

This dude, i love this dude, he is literally me most of the time, constantly smiling constantly hyped up about everything and can't not be a total badass while also having such positive energy (jk i'm not the last thing)
    As a judge specifically he was probably the least harsh and he mostly let Jackson do the hard talk stuff and enjoyed the rap music, since he said at the end "rap isn't about your technique or how good you sing it's about you having fun on the stage and showing everyone a good time"
    Totally agree with this statement, he was an awesome Mentor i think

Jackson

Jackson is my got7 bias even tho i don't like got7 that much and as a variety character he is awesome. Now i have to say i didn't have high expectations of him being a great judge since my friend told me he wasn't that good in Idol Producer, but unlike what she said i quite liked the method he used to show them the way.
    upload_2018-7-27_13-7-20.png
    (pls dont kill me for this dead meme)

When he needed to he actually said some pretty good advice, even tho sometimes he would say something that was blatantly obvious, for the most part he did good.
    I was sad that they didn't have a collaboration with him and that he wasn't there for the last episode but i got over it.

Li Ronghao
    I only now found out about this guy and man is he a meme of a person, he's even more blank than blank-ffrey. As a sing tho and a teacher he was probably the best when it came to teaching the something that was worth while. I think he helped every single one of them with what he knew about styles of singing and such information that he had gotten trough the years.
    He was also very caring and man was his collab stage good, i love that song so much now.

Yixing Zhang

Zhang PD himself i only need one word
    [​IMG]
    Man did he annoy me at the very start with the balance, he was great after that tho, i really think he helped them a lot and showed them how humble they should be and thankfull. A better role model then a teacher since he wasn't a mentor anyway. He is now my EXO bias if he every goes back to EXO. His collab stage and all his song, especially sheep were exceptional.

Cheng Xiao and Zhou Jieqiong

(SHEEEEEE IS SO CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)
    It was really hard for me to take both of the dance instructors seriously since they were barely older then most of the trainees, they weren't older then some. And even tho they debut i didn't think they could have so much information for them. They proved me wrong so i was stupid.
    They were both very serious and showed that they knew what they were talking about and were great dancers in the collabs. The fact that they could be so "strict" and weren't all nice towards them showed me how good they were as teachers i'm sure they made them work much harder by being as they were, really awesome and strong women.
    (Kyulkyung was my IOI bias sooo i can't not lover her)

Next up are my comments on everything else

Something that definitely made my experience less memorable was the fact that i knew 4 that would debut since episode 2. I found it kind of unfair cause it ended up being just 5 free spots since these 4 were so easy to see.
    Cai Xukun the guy that already had a milion fans before the show
    The two guys who were already on PD101
    And the guy that everyone liked the moment he entered the room
    (Chen Linong)

The only real surprised that i had for who debut was Lin Yanjun,I really liked him but his rankings didn't tell me he was going to be number 5.

Number 9 was somewhat surprising, i kinda knew Bu Fan wouldn't debut... to many rappers and they needed a lead vocal also it would have been to much for Yuehue to have 4/9 members (for some reasons 3 of the 4 survival programs i know had the main vocal last)

If we were to really look at who worked the hardest out of all of them 2 of them definitely deserved to be in the top 9 those are Ling Chaoze and Ding Zeren. These two were really reliable and hard workers, both were also choreographers for a lot of what they danced, they were extremely good dancers and showed they deserved it. The fact was that they weren't very memorable in the sense of variety or personality. Everyone in the top 9 really was. So if the thing they showed down our throats was right "the harder you work the luckier you are" they should have debut. I didn't even root for them but they really deserved it i think.

#1 RainbowMonster, Jul 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    ZYC, KidLeader112 and Vikki like this.
  2. KidLeader112

KidLeader112 GukLORYous ♡

Currency:
    Taeganger, Army ♡
    Glad you liked it :p

RainbowMonster likes this.
  3. Ling

Ling The other 91%

Currency:
    @RainbowMonster
    First of all I love you.
    2nd Yanchen doesnt look like V:rolleyes:.
    And third SEEE IDOL PRODUCER IS AWESOME.
    You should watch all their behind stuff, they released soooo much I swear.
    But the thing I loved most about Idol Producer wasnt the performances, how the show was or their development but the members. The show was good but the trainees were even better. They didnt edit that much, I cant remember an evil edit, and they were all genuine it seems. They didnt have any restrictions and just played, argued and teased each other like best friends do. They werent afraid to let the public see how they were and they just felt real and not a pretend to be. Thats why I love all of them, they were all unique in their own way. And I honestly didnt have high hopes for the mentors, but man they did great. They were both harsh but kind at the same time and I just loved how they really helped them improve in their own way. (Li Ronghao was soo cute).
    But tbh, Ruibin deserved soo much more. He didnt have that much screentime but boy always slayed. His parents was against him being an idol and didnt support him, hell even his friends didnt support his dream saying that he doesnt make a chance while applying to an arts school. He worked so hard and got #1 at the entrance test despite everyone's believings. He got A at Idol Producer test and he was just amazingly hard working, he always trained when he could and didnt shy away to ask help if needed. He deserved so much but the screentime prevented him for getting a real character it seems.
    Yanchen also deserved so much more. What people mostly dont know is that Yanchen helped choreograph whenever he can, he actually choreographed most of Nunchucks. I didnt know he could do ballet and ballroom dancing (have you seen his split???) but his specialty seems to be popping and that kind. He didnt show much of his dancing and always stayed behind helping others, working on choreos and training by himself. He pushed himself to the very limit and I could argue that he was the one who trained the very most, when other got 4 hours sleep he only got 1. He always and always trained, thats why he fainted what broke my heart:(:(. He deserved so much and I was sad to see him eliminated. He is such a kind guy and his laugh was real sunshine.

34d1fb00-2c5c-4395-9c22-f7f6311e26c7.png bdda71a2-9579-4774-905c-af0464c0ac67.png cd4b180f-f0e8-41d4-abca-6b2c83d52331.png

Yanchen and his manager. The manager was so touched that he uploaded this

ZYC and RainbowMonster like this.
  4. RainbowMonster

Currency:
    Professional MonBABY
    Yanchen baby omfg i was so sad when he wasn't in the 20 god damit. And he didn't look like V during the whole show, but when he wears glasses and smiles he really does.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Besides that, those 2 really worked so hard even with the screen time, it's obvious who is suppose to win when they give 0 screen time to some of them... I'm a 24K stan and even tho he left i was rooting for Liang Hui and well he had literally barely any screen time i was watching out in every episode if i could find him... he did leave in the end after being 60... so stupid... probably his fault tho i think it was that he put a picture on instagram.
    (As i am writing this i'm just gonna say what's going on in my youtube tab (WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO (SKRR SKRR))
    (when i saw the mv i instantly knew where i saw them gif's from the video ahahhahahha)
    I would watch the behind stuff but i only downloaded the episodes and i don't have much internet now, when i return home probably.
    Yanchen is such a good boy, so reserved and thankful you can see it from his face. That is probably why i compare him to V since they both have that diligent boy vibe and are so very humble.

5. Ruqi_Deen

Ruqi_Deen Super Rookie

Currency:
    I genuinely think that zeren, Yanchen, Huba, bu fan and chaoze deserved more. That being said, I think that the harder you work theory was just crap as i thought the twins and Yanchen and Maotong were so hardworking yet did not gain attention

RainbowMonster and ZYC like this.
  6. RainbowMonster

Currency:
    Professional MonBABY
    Yea... hard work pays off, sometimes... is literally how the saying should go

7. Ruqi_Deen

Ruqi_Deen Super Rookie

Currency:
    True- but then again, I think that kinda worked with Lin Yanjun

8. Ruqi_Deen

Ruqi_Deen Super Rookie

Currency:
    And this is random but I liked how You zhangjing shared these random facts about Lin Yanjun bcos I forgot that Yanjun was in charge of song making

9. Asianfan678

Asianfan678 Rookie

Currency:
    I am looking forward to Oner's debut August 30th. Bu Fan, Ling Chao, Yue Yue and Mu Ziyang are going to kill me. I already died because of Awaken-F, Nex7 and Mr-X. Now I have Oner, Tangram (Banana culture entertaiment trainee 18 boys) and Nine Percent (if the rumor about them releasing the album in September is true) to look forward to.

10. RainbowMonster

Currency:
    Professional MonBABY
    I listened to the songs i saw they were awesome. Really glad i could see Bu Fan debut. Also did you say. 18 BOYS???

11. Asianfan678

Asianfan678 Rookie

Currency:
    Not as in literally 18 that is the nickname of the trainees (including their female trainees) Trainee18 from Banana Culture.

12. Asianfan678

Asianfan678 Rookie

Currency:
    Here is the MV they did all together

13. Minyoongimin

Minyoongimin Super Rookie

Currency:
    Shinee's Manager
    I haven't seen it yet but I'll probably will this weekend

14. Minyoongimin

Minyoongimin Super Rookie

Currency:
    Shinee's Manager
    I haven't seen it yet but I'll probably will this weekend

15. RainbowMonster

Currency:
    Professional MonBABY
    Oh that makes sense ahhahaha, cool i'll check it out now.

Asianfan678 likes this.
  16. RainbowMonster

Currency:
    Professional MonBABY
    Lmao your using the same sig i had when i joined ahahhaha. Having my bias as your sig means you have taste. Also enjoy Idol Producer it was really fun.