What has TXT done to you?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by MassiveKpopFan, Oct 12, 2019 at 8:25 PM.

1. MassiveKpopFan

MassiveKpopFan Trendsetter

Student
    I need to say something. If my post bothers you, that is on you, not me. This post also is not directed at TXT fans or those who like them but don't stan.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TXT apparently had the misfortune of debuting under Bighit now that BTS is the top group right now, because i have never, in my 2.5 years of being a k-pop fan, seen this much unwarranted and unjustified criticism of looks, talents, privilege, performance ability, personalities, and success as TXT got BEFORE they even debuted. And it got worse after they debuted.

People will find every reason to discredit TXT's accomplishments just because they can't stand to see a "nugu" boy group being successful. Where was all this energy when IZ*ONE, X1, ITZY, etc. debuted but TXT got that and so much more?

The only reason I can think of for TXT's criticism bandwagon is because they debuted after BTS. TXT gets so much love in Korea, but international fans just seem to be either indifferent or dislike them, especially Twitter ones. (enough said :confused:) It has been said a multitude of times that TXT doesn't deserve what they've accomplished. To wish this upon these boys leaves me shocked

Let me make this clear. ALL of TXT can sing (and sing well! They can even harmonize with each other and sing a capella.). ALL of TXT can dance (in almost total sync). Rapping is not a necessity to have in a group, but Yeonjun can certainly pull his own weight. HueningKai and Beomgyu both play instruments and want to write songs. They are professional on stage. They have amazing stage presence. They are all visuals (people who say Kai looks weird and alien-like because he's part Caucasian don't say this about Somi o_O). They are not problematic. They're sweet, funny, and genuine teenage boys who want to show the world their skills.

What I hate seeing more than unjustified hate in k-pop is that against young people. The oldest member is 20. The youngest is 17. TXT is still very much in development in all areas, same as ALL rookie groups. People who bashed Jimin, Umji, Yeonjung, Taemin, Yeri, etc. carried the same energy and it's disgusting.

Please stop this. The 5 of them deserve none of y'all say about them.

#1 MassiveKpopFan, Oct 12, 2019 at 8:25 PM
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019 at 8:35 PM
  2. jeonginsnose

jeonginsnose Trainee

Jopping
    They are so talented and so sweet and genuine and wonderful they've never deserved ANY of the shit flung at them

3. gemiyuna

gemiyuna Married to @Burrito

ppl get mad when they see pure talent and success.

4. Haolat

Haolat Idol

Yoo Young Jin fan
    they don't deserve hate but how is it a misfortune debuting in Bighit?:confused:

5. MassiveKpopFan

Student
    because they were gonna get hate from the very beginning knowing people's hate boners for BTS. That's why I said "apparently".

6. Haolat

Haolat Idol

Yoo Young Jin fan
    I mean people will hate but they are still doing well. I doubt they check any twitter account to see who is hating them.

7. MassiveKpopFan

Student
    that's also true. but I have seen so much of it that it blows my mind

hughbee27, njsjyghsjmthjk and Haolat like this.
  8. madchen123

madchen123 Trainee

People that hate bts just also start hating on them because they are from the same company. But I think the boys before debuting alredy were aware of the hate and expectations they are going to face. They are talented and cute and they hopefully will prove all the haters how great they are.

9. Kouss

Kouss Super Rookie

On the real, I’m a huge TxT fan don’t get me wrong. One of the best albums this year, Crown, Blue Orangade, and Cat & Dog are great songs BUT my praise stops there.

Visuals wise, Kai was unique but besides that they aren’t that special. Just good looking guys in kpop. Yeonjun is probably my favorite visually just because I like his rapping and I’m bias.

I don’t personally get the hype for their dancing (once again average/above average) and that shows they have a good choreographer.

Vocally, they have proven nothing. I haven’t watched covers/vocal performances, BUT from the songs i’ve listed above that I like, They are beyond average and haven’t done anything notable (no wow factor vocally like DK, Jaehwan, Baekhyun etc and no great vocal color/voice like jungkook, Haechan, Lee Dawhi).

But this doesn’t mean they should be constantly critized for these things. I do think fans should accept some of the criticism as valid instead of accusing everyone of being an anti. That happens because they are under BigHit/BTS

SUNSHINE likes this.
  10. taigoesrawr

taigoesrawr Super Rookie

fighting mosquito's with Gowonie~
    TXT has done nothing wrong.:mad: I feel like some people only like to hate on them because they're BTS brother group. They hate BTS so they hate them too.:rolleyes: Doesn't matter how much garbage they spew though because everyone loves them and their success proves that. :) :p

11. Allahina

Allahina Newbie

But all this groups got hate too. IZ*ONE was called (still) flop, untalented, ugly, the members like Sakura got called fake, fatshamers and also slu* becuase of a photo with Akimoto when she was a minor, XI (you should now as a one it) get hate for being rigged, in korea they are getting boycotted and as IZ*ONE people hate them just for being of PD specially I-fans, ITZY got called copys of BP, DD was trashed in this sub like never, they get called untalented too (Lia mostly), ugly, etc. All groups get hate no only TXT.

hughbee27 likes this.
  12. jisungstoes

jisungstoes Rookie

i think that we should at least wait for their come back to even begin to decide if they're gonna be one of those really good groups. but tbh, i think their first mistake was the whole "different positions each come back" thing (at least thats what Kprofiles says) since everyone can technically be in every position, its more like everyone is just mediocre at everything instead of excelling. i think bighit tried to do a group of all-rounders, but so far, it's not really coming off that well. i love my bby yeonjun tho <3

13. Cthulhu_Mythos

Mostly those are bandwagon hate and it is disturbing.
    Anyway brace yourself for txt comeback, these kpop stans won't stop. :/

14. strawberriesinli

moa
    i think they're going heavily group-oriented rather than individual-oriented—like their choreo involves everyone working together to create one entire image or formation. i do think it's an interesting move because some of them have shown talent (like taehyun's over and over again), and i wonder if bighit will wait a few comebacks with their group tactic

15. Limca

Limca Celebrity

weird clown
    If you think that txt got peaks of criticism then you haven't seen any kpop yet
    Stay in your lane elite military don't come to kpoppies path :)

#15 Limca, Oct 12, 2019 at 9:08 PM
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019 at 10:53 AM
    SUNSHINE likes this.
  16. MassiveKpopFan

Student
    noted, clown

17. MassiveKpopFan

Student
    yes I'm very aware. But what I'm saying is that TXT gets hate for doing NOTHING wrong. Sakura made body-shaming comments and many people hated IZ*ONE's lineup. PDX101 was rigged so that tainted the group's image with the public and the CF/endorsement side of things. ITZY's debut song was controversial at release and putting out ICY didn't help.
    TXT had an amazing debut song and a memorable debut era and hasn't done anything to warrant a hate bandwagon when they got one.

18. ddonore

ddonore Newbie

The only thing TXT did wrong was release Cat and Dog, which is a total cringe fest that I still can’t listen to. But Crown was one of the best debuts I’ve ever seen, and the boys are legit talented. Their new concept trailer is incredible and I’m very excited for a semi- Harry Potter themed comeback.

19. looneyjoons

looneyjoons Public Figure

They don't deserve the amount of hate they get. It's incredibly sad and disappointing, but we know this not gonna change.

TXT will shut their haters mouth soon.

20. RxRedTx

RxRedTx Trendsetter

BTS promoter
    TXT being BTS brother group is enough reason for kpoppies to hate them apparently. The moment they were announced they received hate from anyone and everyone. Every time they appear somewhere its because of "privilege " ... they win an award and immediately the hoard comes thru saying ×××× deserved over TXT.. I know MOAS are tired of this shit... kpoppies are toxic AF