Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

What happened to Yeri?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Gee__mc2, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Gee__mc2

Gee__mc2 Trainee

She was never the best dancer or had good stage presence but if you look at her 2015 - 2016 fancams she looks happy and energetic and her most recent fancams she just looks dull and tires.

If you watch her face in their bad boy accapeplla vid she looks sad.

She's just a kid sm need a to take care of her give her some time with family or a therapist anything that will help maybe jongyhuns death affected her a lot more than we think.

I can never forget the video where she cries in IUs speech and Wendy and Suelgi hide her so she can have a moment.

I just feel worried about her how she went from so lovely to sad either it's

1. Jongyhuns death still affecting

2. Knetz criticisms

3. Homesickness, tiredness, etc

4. Rv members not liking her. Idk how true this is I hope it's not RV do seem to care about her eventhough they aren't close

Just hope she feels happier and energetic again soon

_Venus, Kas2850, cassoulette and 4 others like this.
  2. ychofficial

ychofficial Notable

Yeri is not ''just a kid''. She's a big girl now, if she needs to talk to somebody, i'm pretty sure she will do that.

3. lexuswoo

lexuswoo Married to @ghostlight

Seunghoon's wife
    People hate on her and give her shit over nothing all the time. Do you expect her to be happy all the time now?

Milk, cassoulette and legendjekki like this.
  4. Gee__mc2

Gee__mc2 Trainee

True I mean compared to her members she's a lot younger so it's possible the age gap makes her feel isolated and 20 is still young everyone ages differently

lexuswoo likes this.
  5. Gee__mc2

Gee__mc2 Trainee

She should be given help to cope with it all. Idols being hated is nothing new and she can be happy despite that if someone helps her out. Joy, Irene, Wendy (ESP her) have gotten hate and criticism for various things just because she's sad doesn't mean we accept it's inevitable and let her deal with it

6. lexuswoo

lexuswoo Married to @ghostlight

Seunghoon's wife
    I understand that. She might need help coping with it. A lot of idols face depression too and people criticizing them doesn't help.

Milk and legendjekki like this.
  7. Everywhere

Everywhere Trainee

i guess point 2 is right & mybe just tired need some rest bcs overseas concert .

8. 4everfaith

4everfaith Rookie

Her drop in confidence is probably the biggest thing along with some of the other things you mentioned. She's been hated on since she joined the group so eventually all of those comments would get to her :(

kimjisoo and legendjekki like this.
  9. yerewenseuljoy

Lee Soo Man
    she was still a teenager when she joined the group and got lots of hate for it and even now people judge her for coming late when it has been 4 freaking years. even in the group, her position is not very clear and she gets the least amount of lines and screen time. she was young and did not know the harsh reality of kpop industry. but after Jooghyun's death and all the death threats she received for grieving, she realized how cruel the public can be. she now has an i don't give a f attitude and probably sees everyone except her fans as her enemies and doesn't want to please them. you can see this transformation with snsd Jessica, Taeyeon after the dating scandal with BaekHyun and fx Sulli after the hate she got for dating and of course shinee Jooghyun.

#9 yerewenseuljoy, Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  10. t0_0t

t0_0t Newbie

Actually, opposite to many people's belief, age means nothing in this case. It depends on one's personality, whether she's the kind of person who's easy to open up. In addition, it also depends on the people she's surrounded with, whether there is someone who would take her seriously, and not simply disregard her feelings as childish.

You'd be surprised to know, how many people feels trapped and cornered. Simply because they don't have anyone who could understand and help them cope effectively.

11. Theo35

Theo35 Public Figure

lmao, first of all, she doesnt need your worry for her.
    1. receipt. its not like any of her relatives immortal. she definitely moved on from this
    2. cus she is a member from popular group, every popular groups get some criticisms. even twice
    3. she is working hard, not being a hater, for 4 years. she doesnt need your worry on this one too
    4. theres no way a hater watch their level up, or any of variety show with RV as guest right?

12. Istanhyejeong

Istanhyejeong Rookie

Stanning Wendy
    Rv members does care for her. They baby her a lot actually. Yeri also shows her love by making fun of the other members.
    People who doesn't watch their shows won't know that.

13. SeulgisAbs

SeulgisAbs Idol

I felt like dat she caused a whole scene with regard to jonghyun's passing. I always felt like she was overreacting. sure she must of felt sad, but so did the other members. but they kept their emotions in check.

plus, there's really no excuse to her looking dull and not putting enough energy in to performances. your tired? well so are the rest of your groupmates. do they put in a lot of effort? yes and so should you. why did she become an idol of she was going to just slack off like this. 99% of hate RV has recieved, it's cus of her!

Mergs likes this.
  14. yerewenseuljoy

Lee Soo Man
    this is exactly why I don't like Seulgi stans. they always act like Seulgi is somehow superior to the other girls. if she was that great then sm would have made her a soloist. but they did not which means she needs the rest of the girls with her. she is great at dancing and singing, but its people like you that make me dislike her sometimes.

Maghribiya and Candykiss like this.
  15. yerewenseuljoy

Lee Soo Man
    I think people forget that only after Yeri was added, did RV blew up. before her, despite being from sm, they were considered flops compared to their seniors. even if Irene is utterly beautiful, and Joy is so sexy, Wendy has heavenly singing and Seulgi has amazing dancing, all of the attention they got from the public was because of Yeri so stop blaming her for everything. sm is a company that has been active for over a decade, they know what they are doing. if they say Yeri needs to be in RV, then the group obs needs her.

Milk, Candykiss and Purplelavender97 like this.
  16. calamity12

calamity12 Trainee

C'mon, guys, just imagine what amount of hate she faced at such young age. Its just unbelievable. Im not a huge fan of Yeri, but its obvious that the girl is struggling. If i was at her place back then, God knows what I'd done to myself.

Milk and yerewenseuljoy like this.
  17. Purplelavender97

I did notice yeri's change in attitude from her debut to this day, she actually seems a lot more calm and collected as opposed to people saying she's probably being sad or without any energy. She has a lot more energy than joy for that matter. She has taeyeon by her side who probably teaches her how to deal with situations. I find yeri a lot more mature than ever since she debuted. In fact she seems more mature than joy or seulgi for that matter.
    This is just my opinion.

yerewenseuljoy and Candykiss like this.
  18. calamity12

calamity12 Trainee

Back in the days I disliked her, tbh. I thought that her always showing how she's great friends with other HUGE idols was annoying. But now i think i got the reason behind this behavior. I guess she lacks self-confidence a lot and maybe she even think of herself as of miserable person just because a lot of people told her that she is. But making friends with people who everyone adores so much may help, because "good people dont hang out with jerks" as everyone believe.

(Sorry for my English :( )

19. Wet_Willy

Wet_Willy Newbie

Correlation doesn't equal causation. who's to say it wasn't thanks to the song that they blew up, 5 members or not?

Sory, Mergs and SoHeeDoll like this.
  20. BritishSone

BritishSone Memorable

Seulgi & Taeyeon fanboy
    Haters continuously giving her shit for no reason happened. Yeri was just a kid when it all started and she is still very young even though she's now classed as an adult.

yerewenseuljoy and Milk like this.