What do you think about #.StopIslam trending worldwide on twitter

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ciknami_manis, Mar 22, 2016.

1. ciknami_manis

ciknami_manis Celebrity

Currency:
    Still working on my book
    What do you think about #.StopIslam hashtag trending worldwide on twitter right now?

Honesty, I'm so disappointed. Why always put the blame on Islam and Muslim? We've been taught by Quran and Hadith about peace and love.

IMG_20160322_234153.jpg

I hope at least people in this forum will have the same thought as me. Its the person fault not the religious.

I am a Muslim and I'm proud to tell all of you I'm a Muslim. #StopTerrorism #StopIslamophobia

IMG_20160322_234143.jpg

#1 ciknami_manis, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    yupitsme, HannaLau and LanaWhatever like this.
  2. thebluecapric0rn

Currency:
    Not surprised since the Internet isn't always the place for logic. One thing I find ironic is when I see hashtag trends like #stopislam and #letsforgiveCarter (or whatever his name was), I see people tweeting different.

Lemondolly likes this.
  3. Chinyase

Chinyase Trainee

Currency:
    official lurker of the dungeon
    it's stupid and its ignorant. I'm not even muslim but i find this kind of stupid generalization to be ridiculous. but this is internet, the place there you are allowed to be dumb af.

4. shyni

shyni Trainee

Currency:
    I think that it was started by a bunch of ignorant and impulsive idiots, and it makes me sad that so many innocent people who just want to practice their religion in peace are being lumped together with terrorists.

ciknami_manis likes this.
  5. Aoki91

Aoki91 Trendsetter

Currency:
    Eating
    [​IMG]

The problem is that the masses equates terrorism to islam. Because some people are stupid enough to listen to the mainstream media and the stigma it places on islam.

When the truth is terrorism has been going on for years now in the west. No not only in the form of bombings. But when kids shoot up schools this is also a form of terrorism. Yet they never call it that. But I bet you if those kids were wearing a jihab, burqa or niqab they would of called it a terrorist attack. This is what we call social racism or structural racism.

Its like that time a boy invented a clock, and got arrested because the school thought it was a bomb. Because he is muslim

#5 Aoki91, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  6. LanaWhatever

LanaWhatever Diphylleia Grayi 산하엽

Currency:
    I saw that, it's disgusting! It should be #StopTerrorism

xwhisperx, HannaLau and ciknami_manis like this.
  7. propanda

propanda Very Important Panda

Currency:
    That would be same as trending stop Christianity on twitter over some BS that Christian cult or even what Crusaders did. It's kinda sad how religions can inspire extremes though in people and how they can be used to brainwash people to commit horrible things.

Lemondolly and kittensmiles like this.
  8. HaruhiSakamaki

Currency:
    Student
    Internet has always been like that.. It has no reason but it shows what a lot of people think which is really sad. I am a Muslim and I'm proud to tell that I'm a Muslim too. People who know us personally would know not all of us are Terrorist. Only a minority of small-minded people, Instead of StopIslam, StopTerrorism and StopISIS would have been more appropriate because it would target the real cause/root but no, it's StopIslam. Why? Because most people don't think. They just follow the trend.

#StopTerrorism #StopIslamophobia

9. g_yongchy

g_yongchy Trainee

Currency:
    Cutting People
    It's absurd , tbh. Quite an idiotic move to blame such thing on a religion. & Yes be proud of who you are. Hold that head up high.

10. kittensmiles

kittensmiles Newbie

Currency:
    It's Twitter. There's a reason we have the phrase "twidiots". Couple that with people having an intense fear and a feeling of not being able to do anything to help, and you get situations like that. I don't know what to say, honestly. Just know, if you are Islamic, that everyone outside your faith isn't against you.

"Terrorist" is the category that the terrorists fall into. Sadly, profiling has always been a thing and probably always will be (I remember my grandfather talking very vehemently about how he WAS NOT German, he was DUTCH and the way that the Germans were profiled during the world wars.) It's really unfortunate, and I wish we could make a hashtag to get rid of all the hate, but even if we made one, it would do just as much as the hateful one that's popular now does- ultimately nothing.

In a few more days, Kim Kardashian or Justin Beiber will be the latest thing everyone cares about and this hashtag will be forgotten. Kids online have short attention spans.

Hope the rest of your day is happier!

11. Lemondolly

Lemondolly Rookie

Currency:
    Chicken Wing
    I love how according the internet logic Islam=ISIS/terrorists
    I may be dumb but holy shit, this is a whole new level of stupidity.

12. mkusa

mkusa Public Figure

Currency:
    ^^^^This. You could also extend this to the KKK and the things they did in the name of Christianity, including burning crosses.

I think the main reason for the association/blame of Islam lies in the fact that these terrorists always claim to be doing the work of Allah, or in the name of Allah, or in the name of Islam. They constantly quote the Quran for justification of their actions, and insist on establishing Islamic shariah law worldwide. No misunderstanding there. Compound that with the fact that the Islamic faithful, and Mosque leaders, are not blatantly and loudly speaking out against such actions, or leading the charge to eradicate (or disassociate) these radicals from faithful Muslims. The silence is deafening. There are some arguable reasons for the silence (long discussion - fear) but nevertheless, many non-Muslims look at the silence as acceptance or even support. It may not be wholly correct, or even remotely the truth, but the view is there nonetheless, and the Muslim community is simply not working hard enough to correct it. Name one major Muslim leader that is in the forefront of leading the charge of disassociation.

If some faction were running around the world today, killing and maiming large numbers of people in the name of Jesus Christ, and the Christian population, or the Pope, remained silent, then the same ire toward Christianity could be viewed as justifiable as well.

#StopIslam is a symptom, not the root cause.

If you don't protect what you love, you lose it.

#12 mkusa, Mar 23, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    mocochang and propanda like this.
  13. Isoya_Asuka

Isoya_Asuka Trainee

Currency:
    Those people are stupid and a bunch of dumbfucks.

14. orangedayy

orangedayy Newbie

Currency:
    It's ignorant for those people to use such an inappropriate hashtag. Stop Islam from what?? Some people are pushing for war again but they don't understand that they'll be harming innocent lives. It's not like we would be fighting against a country--ISIS is a concept and they're spread throughout.

15. stabbed

stabbed Newbie

Currency:
    People are entitled to their own opinion. If a person hates islam and disagrees with the religion, it's fine. It's wrong to hate on someone because of their race/sexuality, but religion is something you choose. I do not agree with islam and wouldn't mind to see it disappear.

16. Craji

Craji Married to @pusheenie

Currency:
    CRYING FOR A BAP COMEBACK
    ppl are stupid for following trends and believing what other ppl tell em instead of researching it themselves

17. propanda

propanda Very Important Panda

Currency:
    I'm not fond of religions in general, they are mostly brainwashing fairytales to me- but I think they are culturally significant and I wouldn't mind visiting some old churches and temples. I think it's fine to people believe what they want- as long as they don't stand pushing it to others and sadly they tend to do that a lot ^^; It also weirds me out how people limit themselves with religion like I can't dress like that, I can't eat that, I can't listen pop music etc.

yupitsme and Valaena like this.
  18. findtheakarun

findtheakarun Super Rookie

Currency:
    Professional Sassybish
    A lot of people in the the social politics circles I tend to agree with are anti-Islam, but I've never been into that. Has always seemed like a pretty huge generalization about the morals associated with the religion. Every bible has some sort of crazy shit in it that no one would agree with today (and, on that note, things that you can take out of context and make it *sound* like crazy shit), and every religion has those few people who will still agree with that crazy shit and force it on others. Westerners just have so little experience with rational Muslims due to it being so small over here that they end up only seeing the bad side that makes it into the news.

yupitsme likes this.
  19. sugarshapley

sugarshapley Newbie

Currency:
    I think too many ppl sadly overlook the politics part that you mentioned. A lot of what is happening right now is basically what we get for years of faulty immigration/integration politics and too much meddling in the Middle East despite little knowledge of what this region of the world would truly need. Religion plays a part but I think it's by far not as large as people make it out to be. Those kids aren't mad because Islam taught them to be mad, they're mad because of the surroundings they grew up in and ISIS is giving them a chance to feel significant and in control of their own lives, even if it is often just as suicide bombers and the like. It's truly sad, and the more violently the west tries to fight back the more these people will feel justified in their means, so it's hard to come up with any way to counter this wave of terrorism...

20. searchme

searchme Public Figure

Currency:
    Honestly, the militants only have Islam and peoples ignorance of it as a leg to stand on.

Draft saved Draft deleted