WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT EUGENICS, EVIL ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Saitama, Apr 17, 2016.

?

Do you think that some currently living people should have been aborted ?

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. Saitama

Saitama Newbie

Currency:
    Hero
    Do you only think of Nazis and Hitler when you hear the word ? Or is that the first time you heard that word ?
    What do you consider as difference between forcing your child to learn playing an instrument and "breeding" a child which is musically gifted or a child who is good in math versus paying private lessons for the child, what is the difference for you ? Or are both options bad ? Forcing your intentions on your child etc ? Do you consider people who give birth to a child with downsyndrome etc as bad or evil if they are aware of the high chance that they will?
    Is it good to a certain extent ? Just breeding "bad" things out, what is bad ? If there is a homosexuality gene and people consider homosexuality as bad, would you judge them if they want to "breed" it out ? Since abortion is pro choice in some countries, is it bad for people to abort their kids if they don't like its features and try again ? Ignoring some side effects of abortion etc of course. Or are there things which can't be bred out and this is just propaganda of people who are for eugenics, overestimating it ? Does it destroy our society ? Does it cheapen human life, making certain criterias that a human has to fulfill/meet and when he or she doesn't, we dispose him or her ? Does it enhance life and love to care for people with disability, then trying to terminate them, is a culture which cares for things like that better than one which disposes certain kind of people, is this the wrong approach?
    Do you think that in the future the opinions about it will change ? Do you support it ? Should the government support it ?

Share your thoughts
    Discuss

2. CLesbo

CLesbo Trainee

Currency:
    Student
    whats is wrong with u? yesterday u make a post about changing sex, and now this!? buddy you really need help

3. ges111

ges111 Trainee

Currency:
    I think you and him should get help together

4. CLesbo

CLesbo Trainee

Currency:
    Student
    excuse me? what do you mean?

5. findtheakarun

findtheakarun Super Rookie

Currency:
    Professional Sassybish
    I think the difference between forcing your child to take music lessons and breeding a musically gifted child is whether or not you allow them to stop taking lessons when they ask to.

All about personal choice, imo. We should all have the right to decide what we do with our own lives. Laws should only work to stop us from hurting each-other. If you want to live, no one should be able to force you to do otherwise. If you don't, same case. Even if you are a burden on someone (or everyone). With disabled children, I think we should take all precautions not to make more, but once one's already alive, we shouldn't be able to force them to die. Or force the parents to abort, as for most parents they're already far enough in to develop an emotional attachment when the baby is diagnosed with a disability.

Having the "race" tag in there confused me a little. Please don't explain, just let me be confused.

xwhisperx and sicaranghae like this.
  6. findtheakarun

findtheakarun Super Rookie

Currency:
    Professional Sassybish
    You must be new here.

7. Presh

Presh Newbie

Currency:
    Putting aside all moral objections to the practice.. I think people are too random for it to ever actually be successful.. For example, Beethoven would have been aborted.

People cannot be accurately predicted, not even by genetics.

Ikr. God forbid this place ever have interesting discussion..

LoveChickenNuget and sicaranghae like this.
  8. sicaranghae

sicaranghae Rookie

Currency:
    jessica jung trash
    I think when it comes to the point where people are thinking about modifying their children genetically so that they can have a specific physical or personality trait is where we should draw the line, there's just no reason or need for that.

As for abortion, it's up to the parents, really. I can understand it if a family wouldn't want to have a disabled child because they can't afford it or if the child is fated to have a very miserable life because of it, but I can also understand it if they're too attached to the baby to the point they can't even think about abortion. I have this exact same stance on abortion for abled children so I think it's up to the parents, because mentally and physically disabled people should not be viewed as a burden.

9. ges111

ges111 Trainee

Currency:
    ;)

10. CLesbo

CLesbo Trainee

Currency:
    Student
    ah u try to hitting on me dont u? :rolleyes:

11. ges111

ges111 Trainee

Currency:
    Ew nasty omg

LoveChickenNuget and CLesbo like this.
  12. kodoku

kodoku Star

Currency:
    Obviously a very difficult topic and I think about things like this a lot, but I still don't know the answer because it's just not that simple. You can neither say abortion is right or wrong, life is too complicated for that and you can never really know since we can't know the future. You can't know if a kid will be a hero or a genius, or a serial killer later on. I think all you can really do in life is try to make the best decision you can with what you have at the time and sometimes it will work out and sometimes it will go horribly wrong and that's what life is, too many things are out of our control. As for the breeding thing, I think that rather than changing how people are born and manipulating who they are before they even get a chance to be that person, we should change ourselves who are already living and grown and create a world in which even 'flawed' people can happily live in although I realize it's easier said than done and it will never happen because people suck

Emileh likes this.
  13. mkusa

mkusa Public Figure

Currency:
    Can we turn this around an talk about forced sterilization of adults that shouldn't be allowed to breed? It's sort of a tongue-in-cheek topic, with plenty of opportunity for jokes, but could be taken seriously if we thought about it a bit.

What about the welfare brood mares that intentionally have out of wedlock children, with multiple unknown fathers, to gain financial assistance from the govt? (YES there are many people that actually plan their lifestyle on this basis.)

What about mentally deficient people? Do we want to continue to propagate stupid people?

What about people convicted of rape or child abuse?

What about people that have physical flaws/diseases or handicaps, that are certain to passed down?

What about ugly people? Should they be allowed to breed? (this could be the most serious one)

What about Liberals? (Ok...this is the most serious one)

(hehe....j/k) This topic deserves serious thought, but is just too prone for jokes.

Draft saved Draft deleted