Watching clips from Sixteen and it has made me think...

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Queeeenie, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Idol

1. Jiwon, Jihyo and Minyoung were the strongest singers, I am a little sad that only Jihyo made it because their voices would have sounded great together. Out of the three I can see why Jihyo came out on top though.
    I think maybe the other two lacked in the facial expressions department, in comparison to others? Could have been a confidence thing. Although Tzuyu seemed awkward and nervous too sometimes, she has the model body and popularity behind her

2. Nayeon and Momo sound better on this show than they do now. Not saying that they sound bad in Twice, but just not as good.

3. I don't understand who made the executive decision to make Momo sound more nasally for Twice. She's not naturally that nasal. She is getting less credit for her vocals now than she did back then and I see why.

4. All the younger dancers and Somi, they were basically eliminated because of their age right? Some of them definitely looked younger than the rest. I think it was kind of mean of JYP to include them all in the show when they never stood a chance of making it into the group. They must feel a little crushed watching Twice's success now, but I hope they can succeed in their own way!

5. Natty's performance of Lay Me Down made me emotional. Her expressions were on point.

6. Chaeryeong's Lose Control performance was the best. I hope she debuts in a dance orientated girl group or something.

7. Momo is prettier without bangs, bring her old look back!

2. Wtfyoongi

Wtfyoongi Newbie

okay YES I AGREE SO MUCH

momo looked soo much prettier back then omg

and i was really sad that they eliminated so many of the really talented members

Queeeenie and TheLadybug like this.
  3. oxygenize

oxygenize Public Figure

Zayn's saesang
    He said they got eliminated because of their age. Why put them in if they never stood a chance then?

ARMYOFTT and lexuswoo like this.
  4. ezenk

ezenk ♡ Just Peachy ♡

They basically didn't have enough female trainees to make it an actual survival show so they threw in the younger members and they basically had no chance of debuting. JYP had a pretty good idea at the beginning of the show as to who was going to be in twice.

5. emanresu

emanresu Icon

Counterpoint.

Momo has never been prettier. Keep her hair short. And the bangs.

:merongk:

OUTDANE likes this.
  6. KpopGirlCrush101

KpopGirlCrush101 Super Rookie

If you ask me, Twice did better on Sixteen than they are doing now. I really don't know what it is or what JYP is doing. Maybe it's because the members just feel so limited in their abilities compared to how they were on the show. I really don't know. All I know is that I liked them more on Sixteen than I do now.

Note: Jihyo is still a queen though

7. OUTDANE

OUTDANE Rookie

Jiwon was eliminated because she couldn't handle the stress of live performances during Sixteen and wasn't able to perform proprelly. She is now with fromis_9 and I hope things will work out for her.
    Minyoung didn't make it because JYP thaugh she didn't fit Twice concept and the girl group thing in general. He taugh that she'll be better off as a solo singer-songwriter but she left JYP just after the show. I also think that she lacked the facial expressions and variety skills that idols need.

I think Tzuyu was nervous because she was very well aware during Sixteen that her skills were below most of the other girls, she appears to me as the one with the most accurate and unbias opinion of her own talents but she still wanted to prove that she could be more than a visual. + she was also one of the youngest and as a non-korean she was strugling with the language.

I think they make Momo sound more nasaly because it fits better the cute concept of Twice.

Yeah, Somi, Chaeryong and Eunseuh were only 14 while Natty was 13 ... I think JYP made them participate to the show to have more candidates but also to give some experiance and publicity to some trainees he planned to debut later (If he debut a new girl group around 2019/2020 those would have been 17-20 year old and will already be know by people but I think that only Somi is still under JYP now so)

That's only my interpretation and opinions.

Queeeenie likes this.
  8. Girl_Crush

Girl_Crush Married to @Vikki

Troll Hunter
    1 The reason minyoung didn’t make it was because she didn’t fit the image . She was suited to be solo. I was really rooting for jiwoon but it seemed she didn’t get along with the rest of the girl and she was ranking low on the votes. Tzuyu on the other hand was a viewer favorite and she was getting attention that’s why jyp put her in was because she was the voters favorite

2I can’t explain Nayeon but momo had to change her technique to sound cutesy I honestly love her old voice / rap

4 they were only there for media attention knowing they’ll be part of a future group

7 RIGHT!!! Although her newest hair suits her very well

OUTDANE likes this.
  9. emanresu

emanresu Icon

Answer: Slaying.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

KpopGirlCrush101 likes this.
  10. KpopGirlCrush101

KpopGirlCrush101 Super Rookie

:rolleyes:

emanresu likes this.
  11. emanresu

emanresu Icon

:teeheek:

KpopGirlCrush101 likes this.
  12. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Idol

Somehow I knew you would say this :p She looks cuter and younger with bangs.

emanresu likes this.
  13. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Idol

I understand if she was nervous, I mean I freakin would be. JYP always looked kind of serious in the clips I saw. But I think the other girls didn't have the percieved "visual" aspect to sort of counteract the nerves.

His plan kind of backfired then, oh dear. I read that somi and chaeryeong were still at JYP. Best of luck to them!

OUTDANE likes this.
  14. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Idol

I don't know Tzuyu's personality that much but I yeah, I heard she was very well liked.
    I feel bad for Momo. I never thought the aegyo voice suited her.
    She can pull off anything but her forehead just brings out the fierceness

15. VenerableBede

VenerableBede Lia's boyfriend

"watching clips from sixteen and it has made me think" that Twice girlies have talent and are talented and all of their antis should shut up when they proclaim Twice is untalented.

dabhyun likes this.