Vpop Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cutie888, Jun 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Guardian of the WJSN system
    If he becomes a idol, I'll be interested in following his path. He most likely will start as a trainee. And still it's not a certainety he will ever get to debut in a Kpop group.

Cutie888 likes this.
  2. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Big Hit on the hunt for Vietnamese talent to join K-pop girl group

VOV.VN -Big Hit Entertainment, the Korean agency behind world renowned boyband K-pop BTS, is launching a global audition with the aim of recruiting members for a new female pop group, with Vietnam being one of the firm’s 16 destinations.
    [​IMG]
    If all goes to plan, the female band will make their debut in 2021.

The search is known as the Plus Global Audition, with the hunt for members beginning in Los Angeles and New York in the United States on October 5.

Other events are set to be held in Perth, Australia, and Singapore on October 12, Before moving on to Melbourne, Australia, on October 13, followed by Busan and Gwangju, the Republic of Korea, Osaka and Sapporo, Japan, Kaohsiung, Taiwan (China), on October 20.

The search will then conclude with events in Hanoi, Vietnam, and Bangkok, Thailand, on October 26, before finishing in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, on October 27.

According to Big Hit, all girls aged 13 to 19 are eligible to apply for the Plus Global Audition.

All Vietnamese candidates applying for the event will be able to register in Hanoi at BHD Discovery located on Cau Giay street and at Thao Dien BHDS located in District 2 for those hoping to take part in Ho Chi Minh City.

https://english.vov.vn/culture/big-...ese-talent-to-join-kpop-girl-group-404333.vov

Cutie888 likes this.
  3. VVisual

VVisual Newbie

Currency:
    If they hate you, it usually means that you're more successful than they want. In this profession, the worst reaction is being ignored.

Lisa is hated by many knetizens for being SEA but she is arguably the most well known female KPOP artist in the world right now and she will be even more famous China and Asia once Idol Producer Girls air with her as dance instructor.

Uni909 and Cutie888 like this.
  4. Cutie888

Cutie888 Married to :@ilovetzuyoda

Currency:
    Only 1 year of training o_O

Uni909 likes this.
  5. vBTSv

vBTSv Super Rookie

Currency:
    Why d1verse not debuting in korea?

Cutie888 and Uni909 like this.
  6. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Speaking of IP season 3, Handong is confirmed to be joining. I don't like losing her from DC, but wish her good luck and I'll probably be watching the show. And cool to see Lisa there as well.

VVisual and Cutie888 like this.
  7. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Because RBW's aim is to the vietnamese market I guess.

Cutie888 likes this.
  8. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Yeah I wonder why just 1 year. Maybe they will be training extremely hard? :confused:

But like you said before, no guarantee that any vietnamese will be joining the lineup.

Cutie888 likes this.
  9. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    I think if Vietnam will have their own Produce show, the Pick Me mv should do something like Produce Camp did. We can use many of our beautiful landscape instead of typical Produce stage.

VVisual and Cutie888 like this.
  10. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    I feel like I've been posting too much idol related subjects on a Vpop thread and I'm gonna stop from now on, with the exception of D1verse, since they are technically a Vpop group.

Been discussing with a lot of people about the topic about why there is no vietnamese in Kpop and most of the answers is very straight forward: Vietnam is not a profitable market. Not yet. That's why we see Kpop agencies take in chinese and japanese, because it's there they make their money from. Thailand is a rare example. I've heard SM makes 6-7 million USD yearly. SM cannot get that amount of money from the vietnamese entertainment industry. Also, most of the foreign trainees comes from rich families.

I think the road is very hard for Vietnam. And if we ever get somebody in the Kpop industry, it's probably be either a novelty or gimmick. For now, D1verse and maybe NCT-Vietnam are the best we can achieve.

If no vietnamese pass through the auditions of Plus and Bighit's boy group with C&J, I don't think we'll see any vietnamese in Kpop for the next couple years. Worst case scenario: Never. I hope I'm proven wrong and we do see a viet in one of these groups, but I won't hold my hopes high any longer.

Right now, I want Vietnam to actively develope a stable idol scene that could make a impact on the vietnamese music scene. Just like Hip Hop is now doing. That genre was despised by the public before, but look how popular it is now. I want to see a better and professional UNI5 group, not CZB or Zero9 thrash that Vpop keep spitting out. If that happens, I honestly wouldn't care less if Vietnam has a idol in Kpop, because here we have Vpop groups on pair with Kpop groups.

#3570 Uni909, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    Cutie888 and VVisual like this.
  11. VVisual

VVisual Newbie

Currency:
    The best scenario for 'Somniacs would be Handong does well in the show and gets a lot of attention but not get into the final nine. I think that is real possibility.

The QCYN teaser had a lot of top rated SNH girls like Diamond, Kiki, Tako and Akira from 7Senses and Sun Rui from BlueV. It seems like SNH48 is giving its 1st generation this opportunity before they graduate.

This won't be like the AKB girls in PD48. The SNH48 members in those subunits have Korean-style training and the visuals are stunning. Handong (or Sally or Aurora) is not a shoo-in to debut, I don't think.

Uni909 likes this.
  12. VVisual

VVisual Newbie

Currency:
    A Produce show for a nation group (and a good theme song and innovative mv) would do lots I think. Imagine if a Produce V can bring in a mentor like Lisa who can attract a lot of international fans to a show that exposes Vietnamese visuals and Vietnamese pop music.

A Vietnamese nation group would be immediately elevated to the level of KPOP groups in across Vietnam and maybe in other countries in SEA. In fact, I think a nation bg/gg would be on par with all but the biggest groups from Korea.

But the key is the show would capture the imagination of the whole country. If done right, the vote would give all of Vietnam a stake in the new group. I think it would be an amazing thing.

Cutie888 and Uni909 like this.
  13. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    I hope there will be a Produce show in the future so that we can get a properly made group. I'm so tired of these shitty ass groups that Vpop still makes, with a few exceptions of course. If you realize UNI5 is the best of the bunch and how badly their company is promoting them, it does tell us something about the state of the niche idol vietnamese scene.

SGO48 seems to be managed very well by Yeah1. I see they drop new content almost every day, and I've heard they got decent album sales. Their music may not be what vietnamese prefer at the moment, but at least Yeah1 knows how to promote them. I think they will grow in time.

Cutie888 likes this.
  14. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Vietnam really had many groups before. So many that never made it.

Cutie888 likes this.
  15. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Catchy chorus in this song

Cutie888 likes this.
  16. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Not exactly a real comeback since this is a product placement MV for a phone game.

Cutie888 likes this.
  17. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Episode 8

Cutie888 likes this.
  18. Cutie888

Currency:
    Actually Korea does have groups like Zero9 and CZB it’s just they’re not popular so nobody knows or cares about them. The only reason Zero9 is even talked about is their scandals and when Tang Nhat Tue said he was gonna make a group, a lot of people had High expectations that’s why before they debuted they had a little bit of hype but that’s about it.
    Honestly I had high expectations too, just to be let down and even until this day I don’t get it...... it’s not like TNT doesn’t have even money to train a decent group or create decent songs. How did Zero9 even happen? Yes it’s true using scandals to become famous is very normal but I think it would have been a better choice to make a decent group and let them be known for being good rather than HKT carbon copies.

Uni909 likes this.
  19. Cutie888

Currency:
    I know her ! Well not know her in person but I’ve listened to her music before, love her voice.

Uni909 likes this.
  20. Cutie888

Currency:
    Well you can’t make a group, then give them bad songs, low quality MVs, no promotion...... and expect them to make it :confused:

Uni909 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted