Vpop Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cutie888, Jun 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Guardian of the WJSN system
    I'm in love with DaLab x Toc Tien collaberation song! It's very catchy and makes you wanna listen to many times :excitedr:

Cutie888 likes this.
  2. birdtweetslover

Currency:
    So I've been checking out D1VERSE and they've gotten me interested in the vpop scene. Some producers/composers that are under RBW have made songs for the biggest groups in kpop (including bts) so I'm excited to see what d1verse puts out.
    From my observations, rbw seems to put in effort in promoting their idol groups. This is why Vromance (vocal group) and Onewe (band) don't get a lot of attention. Hopefully the company doesn't slack off with d1verse since they're not korean...it's my only concern, but I don't know why they would take the risk of debuting a vietnamese group if they aren't willing to invest.

Uni909 and Cutie888 like this.
  3. Cutie888

Cutie888 Married to :@ilovetzuyoda

Currency:
    Uni909 likes this.
  4. Cutie888

Currency:
    I posted the MV on here earlier, but you didn’t reply to it so I thought you didn’t like it :p

Uni909 likes this.
  5. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    I don't think so, but Lanh Thanh won the Rising Star category. He played in Chi Pu's ''Anh Oi O Lai'' mv.

Cutie888 likes this.
  6. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    I thought it was OK in the beginning, but the more I listened to it, the more I liked it lol :D

Cutie888 likes this.
  7. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Thanks for taking a interest in them :)

Yeah you bring up a good point. Why would RBW invest in them and promoting them on the global Kpop media, 1thek? I don't know, maybe they think these guys can do good in Vietnam. I like what I see in D1verse, but I think it's a mistake of eliminating two members.

However, RBW should have let them train a bit longer, say 6 extra months before debuting, and perhaps add 2 korean members to take the two eliminated spots. So that they can have the option to promote in Korea as well. Similar like Yuehua Uniq.

Cutie888 likes this.
  8. VVisual

VVisual Newbie

Currency:

Yes, SNH48 declared independence a few years back with their own songs and subunits and sister groups before then they were under tighter control from AKB. They really took off after they began pulling in elements of KPOP, especially choreography and MVs.

Their MVs are out of this world. They blow away AKB stuff (and most KPOP videos to be honest):

I hope AKB had learn their lesson with SNH and allow a little more freedom to their sister groups like SGO. SNH itself has a pretty large following in Vietnam so we know their KPOP/JPOP mix is attractive to Vietnamese too. I think if done right, it can tap into both the AKB and KPOP fan base across Asia.

By the way, many of the 7Senses (Diamond, Kiki, Tako) were at this major remix/dance show with IKON and PSY and had already caught Korean attention:

SNH48's visuals really shine in shows and MVs like these. They are breathtaking, actually. Shows and high quality MVs are things SGO and Viet idols industry as a whole can do with more.

QCYN 2 (IP3) will include SNH48 members as well as KPOP idols. It'll be worth watching to see how they do it.

9. birdtweetslover

Currency:
    In my opinion, this whole thing with eliminating two members is just to create publicity of some kind. Cube did this with Pentagon, they even eliminated one member and brought him back in the end. If I'm wrong, then.... that will suck since all 7 members have been introduced and even performed together on a big stage.
    I think it would be really cool for D1verse to have a debut that incorporates elements of Vietnamese culture into their song and MV to show that while they're "acting" like a kpop group they're still proud of their country or whatever just so people don't dismiss them as another kpop group that happens to have Vietnamese members. Kind of like Oneus Lit but Vietnam style. Unless people wouldn't be ok with it..

10. Cutie888

Currency:
    :eek: He was also in one of Huong Tram’s music videos, I actually really like him because he’s been in a lot of Vietnamese movies and all of his roles so far are diverse. He even wore a traditional Vietnamese outfit on the red carpet :)

#3530 Cutie888, Oct 9, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    VVisual and Uni909 like this.
  11. Cutie888

Currency:
    I asked that question because I was wondering if SNH48 were allowed to perform these types of songs before they became independent from AKB48 but you answered my question :D

and I personally think Vpop music videos these days are very high quality already, well I didn’t really like the SGO48 music video because there wasn’t anything to draw me in and make me want to watch the MV again also I’m not really a fan of Heavy Rotation no matter what language it’s in:oops: it just sounds like a children’s song

VVisual and Uni909 like this.
  12. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    That's a good idea! I would like D1verse to make a visually MV like Son Tung MTP's ''Lac Troi'' It would have greatly increase their chance to get the general vietnamese audience to them.

VVisual and Cutie888 like this.
  13. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Speaking of SGO48, this was their first handshake event in Saigon a month ago. I've been out of the loop with SGO48 after the release of Heavy Rotation, but it's great to see how their visuals has improved a lot since their debut.

Since AKB48 is involved with Kpop(Izone), I think the chance are good that SGO48 can eventually make their own style of music, but at the same time keep the AKB48 concept.

[​IMG]

VVisual and Cutie888 like this.
  14. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    At least Vietnam is starting to get some recognition in Asia. :)

The last vietnamese movie I saw was Lời Nguyền Huyết Ngải. It was a pretty generic horror movie, but it wasn't so bad. After that I've lost track with what's going on in the V-movie world.

Cutie888 likes this.
  15. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    D1verse with their sunbaenim Oneus. They were actually one of the backup dancers on the MV Lit! :eek:

[​IMG]

And new episode released

Cutie888 likes this.
  16. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    So CZB aka Crazy Bros will get a sister group. R.O.A is the group name.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think this is their lead vocalist. Her voice seems fine. They are pretty though.

Cutie888 and VVisual like this.
  17. VVisual

VVisual Newbie

Currency:
    The Japanese stuff requires a particular, maybe peculiar taste :)

As for quality MVs, I'm thinking in regards to SGO and groups in general. MVs for LIME's Party Girls from a year ago and Uni5's 2019 Tet song for instance are not very good in terms of production quality. Monstar's ones from past few years are okay but not quite up to snuff. And yes, SGO unfortunately hadn't done much with their videos or anything to promote heir visuals when compared to even BNK or MNL. Too bad we don't have a Senbatsu (general elections) yet for SGO48. Those are massive affairs in Japan and China with stadium crowds that fire the imagination. BNK and MNL have their own elections.

Son Tung's MVs are quality. But that hadn't really filtered down to the groups. Maybe I'm too harsh with my judgement.

18. Cutie888

Currency:
    Oh when I was talking about high quality Vpop MVs I wasn’t even thinking of the groups we have :oops: Here are some recent MVs that I think were pretty good.

#3538 Cutie888, Oct 9, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    Uni909 and VVisual like this.
  19. vBTSv

vBTSv Super Rookie

Currency:
    Wow just listen to Son Tung MTP old songs they are actually pretty good. But whats up with his current hair style it does not fit him at all.

20. Cutie888

Currency:
    Yeah his songs are good :p
    And do you mean this hairstyle?
    [​IMG]
    I guess because he’s trying to go for that mature CEO look

Uni909 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted