Vpop Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cutie888, Jun 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Cutie888

Cutie888 Married to :@ilovetzuyoda

Well Yuehua has more resources and they also have a Korean branch located in Korea and the difference here is there have been a lot of Chinese Kpop idol debuts already within the last 10 years so Koreans are used to having Chinese Kpop idols while as of now there hasn’t been any Viet Kpop idol, well there were a few but in small companies and none of them made it.

So maybe Viet agencies can make their own Kpop group, but now isn’t the time. I do see it happening in the future though

Uni909 likes this.
  2. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Guardian of the WJSN system
    You're right, Yuehua is too big of a company for any viet companies to follow. However, I wouldn't mind seeing another LIME project created by 6thSense or St.319. Maybe both companies can combine their resources and try to hook up with a mid-tier Kpop company like CUBE, that has been involved with Vietnam in the past(V-KPOP Superstar show) I would mentioned RBW, but they are too occupied with D1Verse and Young Ju.

A small girl group(I'm tired of bg)with 5 members, 3 viet and two koreans. I think this can be done if only the will to do it is there. Not only from the viet side, but also the korean. I mean, even the new CZB- Crazy Bros lol is a collaberation between two countries and the same with Zer09. I've heard Zer09 will add korean members from the korean company they are working with. These are just two amateurish groups nobody will ever take them seriously. But imagine two companies that don't have as bad reputations as Tang Nhat Tue can pull off like he did.

#3362 Uni909, Sep 9, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    Cutie888 and VVisual like this.
  3. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Sometimes I wished the whole Z-Boys and Z-Girls were pure KPOP and we got two vietnamese with visuals that fits the KPOP beauty standard. Not shading Queen and Roy for being ugly. Queen is pretty and Roy is handsome by vietnamese standard, but both of them are just a bit above average imo. And they are like super nugu. Nobody talks about them in Vietnam. I haven't seen any articles about them except the news that they were banned from korean shows.

Cutie888 likes this.
  4. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

So D1Verse is a Kpop group, not Vpop?

Cutie888 likes this.
  5. VVisual

VVisual Newbie

Yes, I think if 6th Sense or ST.319 were recruiting Koreans (maybe those living in Vietnam) and then debuting them simultaneously in both countries it would work. It would be like what Yuehua did with UNIQ.

One thing to think about: Korean survival shows.

Yuehua also had a big impact in Korea through the PD101 shows -- Hyeongseop, Eiuwoong, Justin and ZhenTing in Season 2, Yena, Sihyun and Yiren in PD48 and Seungyoun in Produce X.

If a Vietnamese company were able to send a trainee to a future Produce show who can turn heads it would elevate the company and Vietnam as a whole instantly. Not that Chinese visuals need any more validation in Korea but Kyulkyung and Yiren being voted top visuals in PD101 and PD48 popularize acceptance by Koreans.

Vietnamese visuals match Chinese ones and in fact we're not that different from southern Chinese like Elkie, Xuanyi or Sally. So imagine if a Viet visual shows up at the next Produce from a Vietnamese agency. It would be a breakthrough.

Cutie888 and Uni909 like this.
  6. VVisual

VVisual Newbie

I wish them luck but it is a really tough road.

I rather they make their mark as a VPOP group with Korean training and marketing strategy. As a KPOP group with no Koreans, they'll be tagged as a novelty act early on.

Cutie888 and Uni909 like this.
  7. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

I agree, 6thSense and ST.319 should try to apply to any upcoming any korean survival shows. Last year, Acemax-Red, a chinese group joined The Unit- Idol Reboot project show. Two of them got in the show, but sadly eliminated. I don't think their company was affiliated with anybody in Korea and they just applied as normal.

Eddia, a koreaboo got into Under Nineteen. He's not even asian and that spot should have been taken by a vietnamese if you ask me. Imagine if Toof.P or Key was there instead. We would have taken a big leap to having a foothold in Kpop now.

Cutie888 likes this.
  8. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Speaking of the same subject, Monstar's Grey-D has recorded audition tape to Z-POP(zboys-zgirls) :eek: I saw a comment saying LIME also are in that app. @Cutie888 @Mai_Turn @VVisual

Cutie888 likes this.
  9. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Second trailer D1Verse ''We Will Debut'' on 1thek.

Doesn't look like all of them will be on the final lineup. There is a voting system in place. It's also interesting to see that they are going to be a global group. I find it's good RBW has raise their ambition with them and not just lock themselves in Vietnam.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can vote the members here
    https://www.vlive.tv/events/wewilld...Q0fbhJXtQxM52Ik03PahmkCsG0lRbWOp7A82m8AYRN5-c

EDIT: I translated the text that appears on the trailer, and it said only 5 members will be in the final lineup?

#3369 Uni909, Sep 10, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    Cutie888 likes this.
  10. VVisual

VVisual Newbie

Toof.P, especially, has Korean visuals! Tall for a Vietnamese and long features. And a main vocalist too.

Cutie888 likes this.
  11. Cutie888

Well if they sing in Vietnamese than they’re not gonna be considered a Kpop group, and I agree with VVisual. I’d rather have them promote as a VPOP group rather than a Kpop one because they have no Korean members and I’d like them to promote Vpop.

#3371 Cutie888, Sep 12, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    Uni909 likes this.
  12. Cutie888

The current lineup they have seems good to me already, and it’s kinda a waste to make a survival show with only 7 individuals and then eliminate 2 at the end.

Uni909 likes this.
  13. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Yeah I don't know if this is a smart move to be honest. Their fans have been used to all of them boys and now two of them must be removed? :confused: It could hurt the final lineup group moving on.

On the question if they are Vpop or Kpop, I would compensate the two empty spots after their survival show to add two korean members.

Just go for KV-POP, but mostly Kpop. Do a showcase in Vietnam, do a couple live performances and and after that, RBW should promote them in Korea. The vietnamese members are learning korean and by adding korean members, the language barrier won't be a problem. Korean trainees are polished in their skills and will adapt quickly to D1Verse.

If they just promote them as a pure VPOP group, I don't know if they can be successful. Frankly, I believe they will only reach the same popularity as UNI5 and Monstar. Maybe a bit more since they have some international fans at the moment. I've already seen comments calling them the boy version of LIME and not as a compliment...

#3373 Uni909, Sep 13, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    Cutie888 likes this.
  14. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

The SuperM of Vpop lol :D

[​IMG]

Cutie888 likes this.
  15. Cutie888

Haha Staph :teeheek: and why are they drinking water using an alcohol drinking cup? I’m pretty sure that’s not whine :D

Uni909 likes this.
  16. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Maybe it is whine? :p

Cutie888 likes this.
  17. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

A bit non-topic, but at the same time related to VPOP. There is a filippino group called SB19 that are making waves in both The Philippines and international. Their name is SB19 and they are trained under a korean agency. VKR - Vietnamese Kpop Reporter page made a post comparing them to upcoming D1Verse. SB19 are getting lots of good feedbacks from their country and Kpop fans around the glob. Even JREKML reacted to them.
    VKR1.jpg
    VKR2.jpg
    They are actually not bad. A little weak visuals and the language is a little ackward to me.

A comparison video of them and UNI5 were made also lol

Even though this group seems to be doing well, there is no certainty D1Verse can achieve the same. I feel vietnamese are very picky people.

Cutie888 likes this.
  18. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Queen and Roy's Z-POP groups has been added in Zenith Media Contents official page as their artist.
    [​IMG]
    http://zmcie.com/
    It's kind of funny these two are the closest we have of a Kpop idol.

Cutie888 likes this.
  19. Cutie888

Yeah I like Vpop a little more because with Vietnamese if the writers write their lyrics well then the language sounds really smooth and nice, that SB19 group dances really well but Vietnamese people can dance too! Especially the younger generations. JREKML Is Filipino so I guess it’s normal for him to react to them.

And about the visual thing Uni5 is the Vpop group with the best Visuals we have so far, maybe NCT Vietnam can surpass them since SM mainly focuses on visuals.

#3379 Cutie888, Sep 16, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    Uni909 likes this.
  20. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

I used to can't stand vietnamese singing, because the exposure in the past of my parents watching Paris By Night. But after I discovered VPOP in 2014, it was a transition for me. My first Vpop song was Bich Phuong - Co Khi Nao Roi Xa. The way she sang reminded me of Korean ballads and the same with melody. I thought it sounded different from the PBN stuff, but I wasn't into Vpop yet. It was when I found Min - Get Out and Suni Ha Linh - Em Da Biet that blew me away. It much more different singing sound than BP. Those two songs are still my favourites today :)

UNI5 could have been the most international VPOP group\artist after Son Tung M-TP. The fans are doing a lot of work promoting them to overseas viewers, but 6thSense couldn't or won't follow up with what they had when Toki was around. They have the looks, talent and 6thSense high-production value to be more than what they are.

Tomorrow is the premiere of the first episode of D1Verse survival show. I hope this group can become what UNI5, Monstar and Zer09 failed to do in Vietnam and overseas. If not, then NCT-Vietnam will definately will.

I think SM already has viet trainees for NCT-V and if they debut after 2020, that means they would have trained for a couple years now, more than D1Verse which only trained for 1 year.

SB19 trained for 3 years before debuting according to this article. That something I think minimum every group should do before debuting.

[​IMG]
    The Philippines now has its first-ever all-Filipino male K-pop group with SB19.

The group, comprised of members Sejun, Stell, Josh, Ken and Justin, are trained under ShowBT, a Korean entertainment agency that branched out in the Philippines, according to ABS-CBN.

SB19 made their debut in 2018 when they released their single “Tilaluha,” which features a K-drama inspired music video with the song and lyrics in Tagalog.

While they have been around for a few months, the group only recently began to gain traction. At their first press conference held last month, the SB19 members talked about their ambitions of international fame as well as showcasing Filipino talent.

The group went viral after a Twitter user shared their dance practice video for their song “Go Up” on social media on September 2.

The official music video for their song also gained over 1.5 million views as of this writing.

Before their debut, the group went through rigorous training to get to where they are today. They reportedly trained for three years with nine hours of vocal and dance training every day. They only had one day per week of break.

For their single “Go Up,” SB19 had to rehearse the choreography 30 times a day and even set up a goal of practicing the dance 1,000 times.

Even though SB19 clearly has K-pop influence in their video, aesthetically speaking, the group made it clear that they are not imitating the genre and wishes to promote their own style.

“We’re not copying K-pop. You might see it in our clothes or in our looks that they are influenced by K-pop,” the group told GMA iWitness via Rappler. “But it was that company that trained us and enhanced our skills so that we could promote our own music – Filipino music.”

https://nextshark.com/filipino-k-pop-sb19/

Cutie888 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted