Vpop Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cutie888, Jun 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Guardian of the WJSN system
    Seems RBW has a grand plan for the vietnamese music scene:

RBW Entertainment : The agency will produce its own Vietnamese groups.
    [​IMG]
    RBW, well-known as the agency of famous idol groups such as MAMAMOO and ONEUS, will make full-scale inroads into the Vietnamese market along with Naver and Kakao. They are planning to work together to smoothly launch Vietnamese boy band ‘Diverse’ and secure various IPs.

According to RBW on the 29th, RBW Vietnam Corporation (RBW VIETNAM) will soon finance Naver’s infrastructure establishment by carrying out a paid-in capital increase. NAVER VIETNAM, a subsidiary of NaverV CIC in Vietnam, will invest in the company. NaverV CIC is an in-house independent company established by Naver in 2014. Park Sun-young, director of Entertainment & Lifestyle, has been CEO since last year. Kakao M (formerly Loen entertainment), which is 100% subsidiary of Kakao, is also going to invest part of its funds into RBW VIETNAM as a form of investment for its projects. RBW’s Korean headquarters also plans to participate in the project on a similar scale to Kakao M.

RBW VIETNAM is a local corporation established by RBW in Ho Chi Minh in March 2016 to make inroads into the Southeast Asian market. It is planning to supply V live contents, secure IP for contents and artists, and nurture aspiring idol groups as its main businesses. There are 15 to 20 executives and employees, including Gov. Kim Sung-hoon. It has become a subsidiary of RBW‘s filial subsidiary, steadily posting a surplus over the past three years.

Recently, he has been working hard to nurture idols made up of pure Vietnamese locals. “After experiencing Vietnam’s entertainment market directly over the past four years and accumulating various experiences and know-how, we decided that it is possible to launch local idol groups,” Kim said. “The ultimate goal is to make trainees fostered by RBW the No. 1 idol group in Vietnam.” The most anticipated representative idol is Diverse, a five-member boy band. Seven prospective members of Diverse have been staying at the RBW Seoul headquarters’ training center since late last year for systematic training.

RBW VIETNAM plans to inject much of the funds raised by Naver and Kakao M into Diverse. It is expected that Diverse will be used for events that are derived from various fields such as organizing broadcasting and distributing contents, including ‘WEwillDebut’, which is an artist’s incubation program currently being produced and filmed.
    “We are producing survival reality programs that are trained in Korea and Vietnam ahead of Diverse’s official debut,” Kim said. “We expect the Naver V platform to actively promote and distribute contents to artists who will be nurtured in the future”

https://kstationtv.com/2019/08/14/r...ll-produce-its-own-vietnamese-groups/?lang=en

We could see more groups coming from RBW in the next years. Hopefully a girl group ^_^

Cutie888 and VVisual like this.
  2. VVisual

VVisual Newbie

Currency:
    I think it is a great thing. This will lift VPOP as a whole because it will inject experience and standards from an established agency.

I hope this in turn will drive the Viet agencies like 6th Sense or ST.319 to greater heights.

My ultimate goal would be Viet version of Yuehua who plays in Korea itself. YH's rookie girl group, EverGlow, is currently sitting at number 5 in Korean sales. EverGlow's center is Chinese. You can put whomever you like on your KPOP group if you're the boss!

Cutie888 and Uni909 like this.
  3. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    I hope so. Their plans seems ambitious.

Speaking of UNI5 and Monstar, maybe RBW saw those groups doing OK and has a stable fanbase that prompted their decision to make their own group. Because while VPOP groups are not the top tiers, they do have some significant influence in the vietnamese market. Some members are MC for shows, doing acting and CF. Hell, even Zer09 managed to showcase themselves in Korea.

VVisual and Cutie888 like this.
  4. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
  5. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
  6. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    My complaints has been heard by RBW! Their variety show trailer has been uploaded on 1thek! :D From the looks of it, not all the boys may end up in D1Verse? o_O @Cutie888 @Mai_Turn @VVisual

Based from the international comments, most are positive and curious. And the views increased in 7k in just 1 hour, much faster than any of the uploads on their youtube channel.

7. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Bad news. UNI5 is not coming to the viet cultural festival afterall :(

Cutie888 likes this.
  8. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
  9. Cutie888

Cutie888 Married to :@ilovetzuyoda

Currency:
    85103E9C-375F-42E4-8962-63AC8FC5E688.jpeg I’m pretty sure this is you :D

Uni909 likes this.
  10. Cutie888

Currency:
    We can keep our fingers crossed to hope at least one Vietnamese person makes it in, because it’s gonna hold auditions in Vietnam but that doesn’t guarantee that any Viet will pass the auditions or make it to debut.

But!! But!!! What do we see here! Vietnam is the only South East Asian country after Thailand that they are holding auditions in. That’s even the case with the BigHit and Mnet global BG auditions so we are definitely going up the ranks and given more opportunities. Lets hope that when a Viet idol debuts, they can be successful. For their own good really because kpop idols don’t make a lot of money unless they’re popular, and foreign people which idols are included who work in Korea don’t get paid as much as Korean citizens..... CLC Sorn talked about this before, I’m not too sure how that works but here’s a video.

Uni909 likes this.
  11. VVisual

VVisual Newbie

Currency:
    Crossed fingers! BigHit and Mnet are big league though not Big 3.

Idols work under massive debt in Korea and that includes Koreans. WJSN Korean members from Starship have never received a paycheck because whatever they earned goes to paying off debt. The Chinese members from Yuehua though do not have debt. In fact, YH's Korean idols (EverGlow, Uniq) don't have debt either. Chinese agencies don't charge trainees for training.

Uni909 and Cutie888 like this.
  12. Cutie888

Currency:
    Oh yes I know Korean idols have to pay back debt for their trainee days but I’m mainly talking about the Korean law that makes Foreign kpop idols get paid about 6 times less than that of Korean idols

Uni909 likes this.
  13. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Yeah, we shouldn't celebrate yet, like I always do when I hear news like this! :p But that Vietnam is involved in two BigHit projects are encouraging and that BH seems to see potential in the country.

Maybe ST.319 are involved? Aiden did have a meeting with them last November.

Cutie888 likes this.
  14. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    LOL I'm exposing myself too much :teeheek:

I've been talking to some vietnetizens and they think not all of them are going to debut. So it's going to be interesting to see how the final lineup will be or if RBW may add korean members, which I think they should.

Cutie888 likes this.
  15. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Soobin's comeback

Cutie888 likes this.
  16. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Last one

Cutie888 likes this.
  17. Cutie888

Currency:
    I think it’s gonna be good since he’s working with Space Speakers

Uni909 likes this.
  18. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    The song was OK. The video was nice, but I prefered his previous song.

Cutie888 likes this.
  19. Cutie888

Currency:
    His previous song was a ballad :eek: I thought you didn’t like ballads?

Uni909 likes this.
  20. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    I usually don't, but his previous weren't so bad. It's more listenable than the comeback song to me :p

Cutie888 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted